Thailand Out, New World in

1 hour ago, geoffbezoz said:

It appears that you have developed a persecution complex perhaps as everything you do or partake in appears full of malice and ill intent towards your person.   You missed out the deadly Thai male driving habits also. where every pick-up is heading directly at you ????

Think you need a valium sandwich.

I wish I was as naive as you. Every pickup truck IS heading directly at you. And will hit you, and maim or kill you, without the driver hitting the brakes. 

Refute that comment.

If you dobt believe me, watch YouTube videos of thai car crashes. I've watches dozens of hours of the carnage. As an estimate, I think 75~80% of thai car and moto crashes happen without the brakes applied.

But dont believe me; watch for yourself 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, totally thaied up said:

Sure it is cheap if you want to rent a one bedroom Condo, eat street food and bar fine hookers. That's just about the extent of what many expats do. Problem is Cambodia offers the same but not in such a grand fashion

You're really wrong, Cambodia has totally exceeded all my expectations.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, soistalker said:

I wish I was as naive as you. Every pickup truck IS heading directly at you. And will hit you, and maim or kill you, without the driver hitting the brakes. 

Refute that comment.

If you dobt believe me, watch YouTube videos of thai car crashes. I've watches dozens of hours of the carnage. As an estimate, I think 75~80% of thai car and moto crashes happen without the brakes applied.

You must have a morbid outlook watching  dozens of hours of carnage on YouTube.   You should get out more or are you now afraid of traffic accidents ? ????

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, totally thaied up said:

It is like saying Chiang Mai is not polluted. I am sick and tired of hearing Thai apologists say it is not too bad when it is the number one place in the world for days on end.

Who are the "Thai apologists" who are saying that the pollution "isnt too bad " ?

Eveyone I speak too says that its terrible , as do nearly all TVF posters .

Whom are you referring too ?

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, soistalker said:

Refute that comment.

Watch the Russian car cams they are truly horrific.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Who are the "Thai apologists" who are saying that the pollution "isnt too bad " ?

You should see what's is being fought over in Facebook groups. In some of the largest expat Facebook groups, it has almost got to blows. It was really bad this year.

Just now, sanemax said:

Isaan is nice, if there is pollution here, and that is a possibility, I have never noticed it out here in the countryside.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, geoffbezoz said:

You must have a morbid outlook watching  dozens of hours of carnage on YouTube.   You should get out more or are you now afraid of traffic accidents ? ????

I think anyone who decides to drive or ride on the roads of Thailand should do the same. It is imperative for your safety that you can see, spot, maybe predict the Thais driving behaviours. I beg...BEG everybody who rides or drives to watch the YouTube videos and note the patterns of insane driving. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Proboscis said:

Each to his/her own but it is clear that Thailand has long ago gone far beyond caring about its expat population and probably would prefer if they all moved away. This is not going to get better as time moves on. So if you don't mind putting up with the bureaucracy and some other nonsense, you may get some further nonsense in the future. Things don't get better in such situations where there is no feedback loop and no say.

In the future ? according to some posts you could all be killed soon by a pickup heading towards you, so no worries.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, totally thaied up said:

You should see what's is being fought over in Facebook groups. In some of the largest expat Facebook groups, it has almost got to blows. It was really bad this year.

I am on some FB groups and I dont recall seeing anyone stating that its not too bad , infact the complete opposite , everyone is stating that its horrendous this year

10 minutes ago, gamini said:

I also understand from a friend in the immigration Department that there are 20,000 retirees who have been using agents to put up the necessary funds. They can no longer use an agent and they are the ones complaining the most. They were technically breaking the law.

More BS,

In Chiang Mai I can get a retirement extension through a lawyer for 20k + immigration fees, no questions asked.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sanemax said:

I am on some FB groups and I dont recall seeing anyone stating that its not too bad , infact the complete opposite , everyone is stating that its horrendous this year

In Feb-March this year, there was a lot of shit fighting going on. Some posters would say grow a set of balls as people complained to much. I saw a lot of this and when the worst of the smoke came, the same people just said everyone were pussies. The trend now seems to have changed after how bad the conditions got, but I saw my share of people who were locked in saying it was not too bad. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, soistalker said:

I think anyone who decides to drive or ride on the roads of Thailand should do the same. It is imperative for your safety that you can see, spot, maybe predict the Thais driving behaviours. I beg...BEG everybody who rides or drives to watch the YouTube videos and note the patterns of insane driving. 

After almost 40 years of living and driving in Thailand, covering 100,000s of kilometers if not more, I anticipate I have seen more lunacy for real on the roads then the cr*p posted on YouTube intend solely for click-bait rather then educational purposes.  You think Thais and Russians are bad drivers ? give Libya ago. They are like Thais but instead of driving  pick-ups they drive V8 Toyotas.  As you enjoy carnage you should watch a YouTube video ( if there is one) of the aftermath of a Land Crusier T boning a camal at an estimated 180 clicks. !

Touch wood not had an accident here

2 minutes ago, totally thaied up said:

In Feb-March this year, there was a lot of shit fighting going on. Some posters would say grow a set of balls as people complained to much. I saw a lot of this and when the worst of the smoke came, the same people just said everyone were pussies. The trend now seems to have changed after how bad the conditions got, but I saw my share of people who were locked in saying it was not too bad. 

It's not too bad, in fact it's damned good.

10 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Simply not true, you can stay in Cambodia, Vietnam, and the Philippines as long as you like.

No proof of funds, just the money for the VISA and a photo or two.

I would suggest you're completely out of touch with the VISA conditions for the surrounding countries.

Ah right , so I can just go to either Cambodia , Vietnam or the Philippines and stay for the next ten years ?

Those are very good conditions , never having to leave and can stay for as long as I like 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, totally thaied up said:

You may been getting your timelines mixed up .

The last few years , the pollution hasnt been too bad , a few bad days , maybe a week or so , the burning ban seemed to have worked .

This year it has been terrible for a few months now , yes , some of us were saying that it wasnt too bad WHEN it wasnt too bad, but we all changed our tune this year . 

3 hours ago, Pedrogaz said:

This is great point. I am back in the US at the moment, leaving tomorrow to return home. The prices in the US have gone through the roof. I have sticker shock. Almost nothing is cheaper here than in Thailand despite steep discounts in discount stores...medicines are out of sight, even generics.....stores like CVS and Rite Aid no longer offer generic OTC meds....they have the original brand at a huge price and then their own brand at 5% less....omeprazole (generic for decades and costs 70 baht for 14 capsules, is over $28 for name brand and over $25 for the Rite Aid equivalent. Gas is over $3:00 a gallon ie around 25 baht a litre. Beer has gone to $10 bucks a six pack. I go tp the supermarket Shop Rite (brilliant election of foods) and walk out with a couple of bags of shopping for $70.....and then go back the next day for the same thing. I honestly don't know how folks manage on less than $150,000 a year.

The opposite in oz . We got it good, nearly all meds subsidized by the government if you have a pension card so they nearly free. Medicare is free, 1kg block of cheddar 350 baht, Table wine 250 baht minus the fruit juice. Beer is expensive but its not illegal to brew your own . I would have no problem returning and get back  to my favorite hobby of beach fishing and having a freezer full fish fillets

I shake my head when I see posts of ozzies complaining about Australia

Edited by madmen
  • Like 2