Thailand Out, New World in

1 minute ago, Aspaltso said:

All of these countries are a mess and ruled by governments who have no idea what they are doing in order to make their countries more desirable as places to live for their citizens.

You think Britain and Brexit is better?

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, madmen said:

Sure but will she hold hands taking long romantic walks telling you that your first farang she fall in love with and how first time she have orgasm with farang and.....she stop work and wait you come back if you pay 20k baht per month? These are all free extras in Thailand

STDs and thai boyfriend included.

6 minutes ago, bwpage3 said:

If not for the cheap and easy women, how many expats would have actually moved to Thailand?

Not me.

Some expats bought themselves a cheap and easy Thai woman, then moved back to their home country with their 'born again virgins' to look down on those of us who stayed.

Edited by BritManToo

25 minutes ago, bwpage3 said:

Are you naive enough to believe all crime in Thailand is reported?

Thai media is the worst in the world and scared to death to report anything 

Also getting access to the real figures?

Thailand lies out their arse to protect tourism.

Malaysia is more dangerous than Somalia???

10 minutes ago, bwpage3 said:

That is a true statement no one will admit to.

If not for the cheap and easy women, how many expats would have actually moved to Thailand?

How many expats were so smitten with Thai women, that they married one in their own country and decided to move to Thailand?

Ludicrous some of the comments you read about how people can see Thailand so differently just because they trapped themselves there. 

Do you live in Pattaya ?

If so , then nearly every ex-pat went to live there for prostitution .

Those of us who have no interest in prostitutes live in other parts of Thailand .

If you live in Pattaya and mix with Pattaya ex-patrs , you would be under the impression that  90 % OF EX-PATS move to Thailand for prostitution .

If you live in an area where prostitution isnt so rife   , then the figure of ex-pats who moved to Thailand for sex would be about 10 %

4 minutes ago, sanemax said:
23 minutes ago, bwpage3 said:

That is a true statement no one will admit to.

How many expats were so smitten with Thai women, that they married one in their own country and decided to move to Thailand?

Ludicrous some of the comments you read about how people can see Thailand so differently just because they trapped themselves there. 

Do you live in Pattaya ?

If so , then nearly every ex-pat went to live there for prostitution .

Those of us who have no interest in prostitutes live in other parts of Thailand .

If you live in Pattaya and mix with Pattaya ex-patrs , you would be under the impression that  90 % OF EX-PATS move to Thailand for prostitution .

If you live in an area where prostitution isnt so rife   , then the figure of ex-pats who moved to Thailand for sex would be about 10 %

That sounds about right. And, I would add that your second figure would be even close to zero among people that had other legitimate purposes in being in or moving to Thailand. However, having said that, I would add that pretty much every guy who moved here knew there was always that option available on the menu should the need or desire arise.

4 minutes ago, keemapoot said:

That sounds about right. And, I would add that your second figure would be even close to zero among people that had other legitimate purposes in being in or moving to Thailand. However, having said that, I would add that pretty much every guy who moved here knew there was always that option available on the menu should the need or desire arise.

Not me. I was attracted to the beach resort propaganda. It took years to figure out that was bullsh!t, and learn all the dirty parts that I've written about...repeatedly. It turns out that the beach resort got exponentially worse every year since 2001, as far as I've been here. And I've been mocked for trying to find Catholic feiends who go to St. Nikolas. 

And I have no friends. Too old to whoremonger (and not my style) and too young for the older crowd. Luckily, my Asian non-thai wife is super great company and a kickass cook. And like I always tell her: she is far less bullsh!t than other women.

10 minutes ago, keemapoot said:

I would take a guess that about 95 % of ex-pats who live here have indulged in that side of things .

Its rather like going to visit a Temple , something most people do at least once in Thailand , but some people need to visit a Temple regularly...................and they go and live in Pattaya :) , others visit a Temple once in Bangkok.....................and thats quite enough 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, soalbundy said:

Isaan is nice, if there is pollution here, and that is a possibility, I have never noticed it out here in the countryside.

In January the pollution in Satuk was worse than Bangkok. Clearly visible as a grey haze.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, sanemax said:

I would take a guess that about 95 % of ex-pats who live here have indulged in that side of things .

Its rather like going to visit a Temple , something most people do at least once in Thailand , but some people need to visit a Temple regularly...................and they go and live in Pattaya :) , others visit a Temple once in Bangkok.....................and thats quite enough 

Just as an aside, I am still doing my count, but I have at least 38 Wats under my belt, including multiple visits to some (Wat Prayun, Wat Khun Chan, Wat Arun, etc). Thats is 7 months, so I average about 5 plus temples a month.

But I have to be allowed to count Wats in Ayyuthaya, Lopburi, Phitsanulok, Samut Prakhan, nakhon Pathom, etc.

Plus they interfere with such fun as Shrine Day (I usually have a shrine day once a week, where I just wander around looking at Shrines), Pier Exploration (I have to do the Northen ones next, most of the central ones are done), Station Action (pick a random transit station outside Bangkok qua Bangkok and explore), Gymnastic Days (ride a bicylcle around Koh Kret or the Lung and look like a pumpkin impaled on a wheeled spike), River Ratting (thats sort of like Pier Exploration, except you get off at one Pier and walk to the next along the river) and my personal favourite....Count the Burkhas. I usually shedule that one for a day when a lady is necessary, since I can interrupt that activity with a vsisit to the local establishement.

All of the above is why I confine my interactions with ladies to 15 min max encounters. Nothing messes up a activity more than a needy woman! Plus they cost more when it time for Hotel Dinner Buffet night.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mngmn said:

So confirming prices are the same as Australia?

Im down in Alabama right now, which is a booming state and have been looking at prices here in the USA...in approx baht equivs

Convenience store bottle of coke 30 baht

Pack of smokes 350 baht

Liter of Benzin 27 baht

Half Kilo of Prime Rib 300 baht

Half a Kilo Gulf Shrimp 250 baht

Loaf of Good Bread, not wonder bread 130 baht

Loaf of shit bread 30 baht

Gram of quality herb, street or dispensary 450 baht

One bedroom 40 sqm new condo in decent area next to transit 40,000B/month

2019 Mercedes S class, loaded with 7% sales tax and registration 4.1 million baht (never go shopping with someone who says Go ahead, buy it, I dare you)

Half Kilo Block of Good Wisconsin Cheddar 150 baht

Chicken, Whole, 30 baht half kilo

Pad Krapow Moo in a low end Thai Restaruant 300 baht.

Pineapple 100 baht a unit

Mango 30 baht each (crappy central american ones)

9 minutes ago, madmen said:

Not true there are many countries especially east Europe that are cheaper than Thailand. Punters choose here because of pussy and the climate. Everything else is just noise

Somehow I think I would enjoy Loei more than rural Hungary

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

Im down in Alabama right now, which is a booming state and have been looking at prices here in the USA...in approx baht equivs

Pack of smokes 350 baht

Liter of Benzin 27 baht

2019 Mercedes S class, loaded with 7% sales tax and registration 4.1 million baht (never go shopping with someone who says Go ahead, buy it, I dare you)

Do you deliver ? ????

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

Pack of smokes 350 baht

Liter of Benzin 27 baht

Can't say those prices are appealing.

The 40k condo is a killer as I'm paying 11K to buy a 3 bedroom house 12Km from CM city centre.

Nothing else really matters after your huge housing cost.

And you forgot property taxes, they must add a fair bit more.

Edited by BritManToo

1 minute ago, Nyezhov said:

Somehow I think I would enjoy Loei more than rural Hungary

East Europe >>>The worlds best cheeses, salamis, wines, cheap real beer, cheep hookers,incredible architecture and museums , art galleries, culture, great night life, Real women that were never hookers and stunning villages Where the number one export is not sending daughters to work as bar girls  eg isaan>>>Pattaya.   I find Loei rather Underwhelming 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, mngmn said:

Bangkok condos THB 100,000 per square metre. Perth apartments AUD 2000 per square metre in central city suburbs.

No brainer.

Hang on a minute. Bangkok condos are in the heart of the city, right in the main drag. Perth condos at 2000 aud are 10-20kms away from the main drag in perth city center.

Lets keep it real , no car needed in the heart of Bangkok. Taxi from perth suburbs to city center $50-70 To pay 350 baht for a schooner of beer smaller than a pint.....No thanks

Edited by madmen

5 minutes ago, madmen said:

Hang on a minute. Bangkok condos are in the heart of the city, right in the main drag. Perth condos at 2000 are 10-20kms away from the main drag in perth city center.

Lets keep it real , no car needed in the heart of Bangkok. Taxi from perth suburbs to city center $50-70 To pay 350 baht for a schooner of beer smaller than a pint.....No thanks

Perth city centre?  There's no cause for sarcasm