Motorbike driver dies after colliding with truck in Thalang

webfact

Woman dies as truck hits motorbike

By Eakkapop Thongtub

1557376268_1-org.jpg

Police reported that the motorbike drove out in front of the truck from behind a red and white concrete road block. Photo: Eakkapop Thongtub

PHUKET: A woman has died after her motorbike was hit by a truck as she drove through a roadblock on Thepkrasattri Rd in Thalang in the early hours of this morning (May 9).

The accident happened at approximately 5am on the east side of Thepkrasattri Rd near the PEA Thalang branch in Srisoonthorn subdistrict.

Lt Sopanat Nayao of Thalang Police Station arrived at the scene to find 47-year-old Pattama Kingkokkruad lying unconscious at the side of the road near a grey Honda Wave motorbike.

Read more at https://www.thephuketnews.com/woman-dies-as-truck-hits-motorbike-71363.php#OfJOQFGhPtkH5ema.99 

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2019-05-09

31 minutes ago, geoffbezoz said:

I understand your point and the stupidity of any religion but this is Thailand hence my reference to Thai Buddhism.

Agreed. But here in Phuket there is a high percentage of Muslims.

I don't think the Buddhists have the same degree of fatalism ..

1 hour ago, webfact said:

Police reported that the motorbike drove out in front of the truck from behind a red and white concrete road block.

Doesn't make sense to me.

Where did they get that idea from?

Truck driver tired and just woke up and swerve,

drove on the shoulder and hit the grey bike is more plausible.

1. bike is hit on the taillight, not on the side.

2. truck has impact dent in the front, exactly the form of a motorcycle taillight.

3. there is no exit behind these road blocks.

RIP to the lady.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, donim said:

Doesn't make sense to me.

Where did they get that idea from?

Truck driver tired and just woke up and swerve,

drove on the shoulder and hit the grey bike is more plausible.

1. bike is hit on the taillight, not on the side.

2. truck has impact dent in the front, exactly the form of a motorcycle taillight.

3. there is no exit behind these road blocks.

RIP to the lady.

There is a gap between the concrete road blocks....????

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, LivinginKata said:

Exactly .... likely driving up the inside of the barrier blocks and swung at right angle into fast traffic.

That is what I was thinking too. Untill I 'went to the scene' and looked around.

The only thing I can think of is: it has rained and she was hiding under the pedestrian overpass untill the sky was clear and drove off. The truckdriver didn't expect this and the hit was 'unavoidable' .

The 'shoulder' in the photo is in fact a motorbike lane.

The scenery can be found if you click on the  'behind'  word in my post above.

Rgds,

1 hour ago, LivinginKata said:

I have a theory that they deliberately don't look as then the oncoming driver has to give way as the driver knows the exiting bike driver has not looked or seen him.

On the other hand it's more likely just stupid uneducated driving .... 

I have a theory that Thailand has a give way to the left rule similar to France's Priorité à Droite so they naturally don't look right

Edited by VocalNeal

3 hours ago, mike787 said:

It's life in the land of smiles ALL day/night long like this.  Nobody cares.  If they did, this would STOP! 

your theory holds water

"smiling replaces thinking"

They do the same thing in Vietnam. In Vietnam people use horns to try and get the persons attention to look, but sometimes they don't act like they care and just go anyway. It would help if in Thailand people used horns more to try to get people to look before entering a busy road.

9 minutes ago, cameraman888 said:

They do the same thing in Vietnam. In Vietnam people use horns to try and get the persons attention to look, but sometimes they don't act like they care and just go anyway. It would help if in Thailand people used horns more to try to get people to look before entering a busy road.

Use horn ... a very bad idea. The male Thais will come after you in enraged state and then anything can happen. I once had a mature Thai man chase me and point gun at me ...

6 hours ago, xylophone said:

Absolutely avoidable, and if I had 10 baht for every motorcyclist I had seen who had driven out from a side road without looking, then I'd be a rich man.

Thais seem to have an aversion to looking right or left when driving out of a side road/T-junction and during this past week, when I've been out driving in my car, I have had to take evasive action to avoid hitting at least five motorcyclists who had driven out directly onto a main road.

In fact it is now ingrained into me that if ever I see a motorcyclist approaching a junction, I slow down or move out a little, because I am just about 100% sure they are going to drive straight out.

It's crazy, it's irresponsible and most of all its plain stupidity – – but you can't fix stupid.

where I live, and a bunch of Thai people also live, there are no trucks or cars for hours on end, and even motorscooters are pretty rare 95% of the time.  except around maybe 7 to 8 AM or late afternoons.  so you can easily get a habit of not stopping at intersections or even looking when you merge.  I do it myself now. 

and villages can have many many "intersections", maybe one every 10 or 15 meters sometimes.

if you are going to use the word crazy..... it would be more apropro for someone who stops at every intersection, in the rural areas, and looks around for...... for what? a flying saucer to land? a cow in the road?  there's nothing on the road 95% of the time, maybe even 99% of the time.... and we expect folks not to be that crazy and not stop but just.... go thru.

different huh?  but then sometimes we keep to old habits when we go to a busy roadway.  that's not actually just stupid.  it's easy to do.  not so sure it just stupid or crazy.

this is also where a Thai can say "farlang cannot understand Thai" because we go by rules too much.

and we do.

Edited by WeekendRaider

Repetition is a key tool in the learning process, and I'm a great believer in practising this, so whenever I turn right or left, I always indicate, even if it is in an off-road driveway, going into a friends drive.

Getting into bad habits is not something I would advocate, because there will be a time when one bad habit could get you killed.

• Like 1

Motorbike driver dies after colliding with truck in Thalang

By The Thaiger

PHOTOS: Kusoldharm Rescue Foundation

59967911_2359541637599715_40014322529856

A female motorbike driver died after colliding with a truck in Thalang yesterday.

Kusoldharm rescue workers were notified of the accident on Thepkrasattri Road, southbound, in Baan Liphon in Thalang at 6am in the morning.

Rescue workers arrived at the scene to find the body of a female motorbike driver on the road near a damaged motorbike. Her body was taken to Thalang Hospital. The six wheeler truck was waiting nearby.

Full story: https://thethaiger.com/news/phuket/motorbike-driver-dies-after-colliding-with-truck-in-thalang

thtthaiger.png

-- © Copyright The Thaiger 2019-05-10