Prayut intervenes in spat between traffic policeman and “judge”

rooster59

6 hours ago, Hayduke said:

the Prime Minister also ordered the Office of Judicial Affairs to investigate whether the driver is indeed the director-general of the Region 8 Criminal Court for Corruption and Misconduct Cases as claimed....

Yes...we must confirm that this 'director-general' person is indeed one of the nobility and is who he claims to be. Impersonating a "HiSo" is a serious offense and will not be tolerated. Once his elite bona fides have been established all will be well.

Bravo, Gen Prayut! Can you imagine this happening under the previous "democratic PM", the criminal Thaksin? 

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, ezzra said:

For a man who the DG of a court, why is he than showing his Misconduct and disrespect to the law he suppose to represent? this is another example of the wrong behaviour in this country, don't touch me, i'm better and bigger than you attitude...

It is quintessential Thailand - The "Law" is for 'little people' and not for the leaders, the connected, or the elite.  

7 hours ago, ezzra said:

For a man who the DG of a court, why is he than showing his Misconduct and disrespect to the law he suppose to represent? this is another example of the wrong behaviour in this country, don't touch me, i'm better and bigger than you attitude...

Exactly.  Name and shame.  The old "Don't you know who I am" gambit.  Quite popular in LOS.    I love the old joke about the guy trying to jump the queue or demand an upgrade and at an airport check-in.   The check in operator announced over the loudspeaker that "a gentleman at the counter of row"X" has an identity crisis and anyone who can help him remember who he is please immediately come to the front of the queue in row X, where he is currently standing" 

1 hour ago, jgarbo said:

Bravo, Gen Prayut! Can you imagine this happening under the previous "democratic PM", the criminal Thaksin? 

Yes, we are so lucky to have him there "keeping watch," so to speak. I sure hope he keeps his eyes open for anyone else acting overly-self-entitled around there and deals with them severely. 

they should have transferred the general or fired him not the policeman doing his job. I am a retied policeman and see I see this corrupt stuff it make me sick to my stomach and if I could I would throw it up on the general.

now Thai visa if you want to suspended go ahead I do not care because this is pure corruption from a general

3 hours ago, yellowboat said:

More equal than others.  And they wonder why the outside world laughs at the Thai "judiciary".  How sad. 

The world doesn't care about the Thai judiciary, or anything else about a small, backwater South-East Asian country that hasn't and never has had any influence whatsoever in the world in any field you care to mention. Thailand is a total irrelevance to most people.

8 hours ago, z42 said:

Thailand's judicial woes embodied in 1 pathetic incident. And the only person doing the right thing got removed from his position.

The judge should be removed immediately, clearly unfit to sit in a post where he can legally condemn others as criminals.

The superintendent should face the same fate, removing a subordinate for not granting (illegal) favours to a crony.

Well done Prayuth on this, for once I completely agree 

Plus, how come the national top cop or a regional to cop didn't say something. The current top national cop is a total failure and an embarrassment, hope his time is up soon.

Lesson learned, even being rich and powerful (even if it's only in your own mind) can't trump social media.  If nothing else, the millenials pretty much know everything about social media. All the cop had to do was put it out there and everyone else did the rest.   

3 hours ago, johng50 said:

Just imagine coming up against this judge in a court, he seems an arseh--e and a half.

if he dosent get along with Thai cops, what chance would a farang have in his court.

Well, whomever pays the biggest bribe (or is best connected to provide favours in the future) will obviously win the case with this particular judge.

4 hours ago, ezzra said:

Yep corruption alive and well in thailand, although have to say well done to the policeman just doing his job. Now if all the others could follow suit...

11 hours ago, rooster59 said:

Prime Minister Gen Prayut Chan-o-cha today had to intervene to help a traffic police officer in Thailand’s southern province of Nakhon Si Thammarat who was abruptly transferred after a spat last week with a driver who  claimed to be a senior judge.

11 hours ago, rooster59 said:

The driver, who was with his wife in the car, refused to show his driving license when stopped at a police check-point on a road in Thung Yai district by Corporal Aekapon Juisongkaew on the night of May 2.

So lets wait and see what the outcome is... is there only one law or does Prayut condone a two-tier-policing society? 

11 hours ago, darksidedog said:

Sack the judge, if indeed that is what he is, and sack Pol Col Chokdee Ratwattanapong also. The pair of them are the embodiment of everything that is wrong with the judicial system.

In reading the article referencer (https://www.thaipbsworld.com/prayut-intervenes-in-spat-between-traffic-policeman-and-judge/)  in the OP i noticed a related article on the side line Prawit defends appointment of Gen Prayut’s brother as senator  .... It appear that we have a new 'Thaksin' here but with a different name........... ALL THE FAMILY brought into a faked-elected dictatorship.......

3 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

The world doesn't care about the Thai judiciary, or anything else about a small, backwater South-East Asian country that hasn't and never has had any influence whatsoever in the world in any field you care to mention. Thailand is a total irrelevance to most people.

Your wrong. and it's no fair to say that.

They are the best shags on the planet.

And they have had,  a long hard lusting,  influence over many men. 

The absolute arrogance of that "protected" SOB big shot sitting there with his arms folded smugly knowing he had big politicians under his thumb. Thai protection system is sickening and the average Thai just smiles and hands over a few baht and life goes on.

12 hours ago, darksidedog said:

Sack the judge, if indeed that is what he is, and sack Pol Col Chokdee Ratwattanapong also. The pair of them are the embodiment of everything that is wrong with the judicial system.

Better set up a guillotine and lop the heads off these filth!

Archived