Britain's Conservatives in fourth place in EU election poll, Farage leads

rooster59

1 hour ago, AlexRich said:

It's been a continuing source of amusement to me reading posts of Brexiteers since the referendum result. Every prediction wrong ... we had Sgt Rock (long gone) predicting the collapse of the EU and providing his "proofs", and insisting everyone else posts "proofs" ... wrong. A more recent one was telling me that I simply lacked his legal and forensic skills when I told him the UK would still be in the EU on 30 March 2019 ... he's since disappeared. 

I recognise that most OAPs in the UK support Brexit ... but these guys fail to acknowledge that young people in this country do not. Opinions trump facts in their deluded world.

You go on about facts but invariably, within your own opinions and criticisms, there are none at all. 

• Replies 655
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, nauseus said:

The post is just a poll. The youth balance for remain is not as biased as the poll, or you, declare it to be.

Also anecdotally I feel many people, young and old, conflate the EU and Europe. If you asked me 2 questions; do you like the EU and do you like Europe you would get 2 different answers. 

12 minutes ago, aright said:

Also anecdotally I feel many people, young and old, conflate the EU and Europe. If you asked me 2 questions; do you like the EU and do you like Europe you would get 2 different answers. 

So many of them, particularly the young, still think it's all only about their European holidays. The young and stupid so malleable, falling for the Remain propaganda on MSM.
I noticed a couple of the Johnny Euros posting more Project Fear about the same thing here recently too. (Passport queues and Schengen visas) Maybe there is not so much separation between some Europeans and the EU. Never mind, their own populist right movements are coming to save them soon.

1 hour ago, nauseus said:

You go on about facts but invariably, within your own opinions and criticisms, there are none at all. 

The problem is that you don't believe any polls? If any piece of information doesn't fit your "opinion" you dismiss it's credibility. Opinion trumps everything in your world.

1 hour ago, nauseus said:

The post is just a poll. The youth balance for remain is not as biased as the poll, or you, declare it to be.

Only "opinions" count? Polls that don't fit your opinion are "biased".

2 hours ago, Loiner said:

Are you saying that from your safe space sweetie? Is that old man too close to the real world for you? Let's try and get him banned from all MSM, you know, where the children play.

He may be around longer than you think, or could easily be replaced because there are millions more out there who know the truth and are not afraid of twatter trolls.

People like pantomime Pat are dying every day, natural selection weeds out the nasties like him. It gladdens my heart.

46 minutes ago, Loiner said:

So many of them, particularly the young, still think it's all only about their European holidays. The young and stupid so malleable, falling for the Remain propaganda on MSM.
I noticed a couple of the Johnny Euros posting more Project Fear about the same thing here recently too. (Passport queues and Schengen visas) Maybe there is not so much separation between some Europeans and the EU. Never mind, their own populist right movements are coming to save them soon.

More nonsense ... it's not about "holidays", it's about having the option to easily live, work and retire in another European country, take part in academic projects and research, and be part of a larger economic grouping. Brexit will make that a great deal more difficult ... but not for Farage's family, with their German passports, of course. 

54 minutes ago, AlexRich said:

The problem is that you don't believe any polls? If any piece of information doesn't fit your "opinion" you dismiss it's credibility. Opinion trumps everything in your world.

I might believe the trends but I don't see not absolutely believing in polls as being a problem. Especially after the recent referendum and election?

51 minutes ago, AlexRich said:

More nonsense ... it's not about "holidays", it's about having the option to easily live, work and retire in another European country, take part in academic projects and research, and be part of a larger economic grouping. Brexit will make that a great deal more difficult ... but not for Farage's family, with their German passports, of course. 

Many of the young (and some not so young) remain voters that I saw interviewed after the referendum said that easy travel, holidays, plus being able to study and work in the EU were priorities (as well as cheap mobile roaming rates!). The truth is that only a few of these kids will become lucky enough to get to good European unis, EU or not. But again, the EU, as such, is not strictly needed to exist for similar, like-minded countries to agree student exchange programmes, which could also involve later foreign work opportunities.

50 minutes ago, AlexRich said:

People like pantomime Pat are dying every day, natural selection weeds out the nasties like him. It gladdens my heart.

Nasties like him! Dead funny.

2 hours ago, AlexRich said:

Any you think old grandads like Pat are nasties? What low level of snowflake wimp do you dwell at? Gladdening your heart at the thought of people dying really brings out your malignant character. 

2 hours ago, AlexRich said:

That's what the Remain camp have garnered all their support on - the thought of 'no holidays' for the young and stupid. Get real - there's next to no option for them to to loaf about in EU edjumacation and there's even less chance of employment. If you hadn't noticed, it's all one way traffic - Inbound to UK. Or are you going to try and tell us they can all go to the Sorbonne?

Farages' family could go to somewhere in Germany if they so wished, but do they?

2 hours ago, nauseus said:

Many of the young (and some not so young) remain voters that I saw interviewed after the referendum said that easy travel, holidays, plus being able to study and work in the EU were priorities (as well as cheap mobile roaming rates!). The truth is that only a few of these kids will become lucky enough to get to good European unis, EU or not. But again, the EU, as such, is not strictly needed to exist for similar, like-minded countries to agree student exchange programmes, which could also involve later foreign work opportunities.

But right now the EU does exist and does offer these opportunities.

I’m not a ‘youngster’ but access to

European universities greatly benefited my academic research and studies.

17 hours ago, tebee said:

It's us old <deleted> that support brexit - with obvious exceptions.... 

European%20Parliament%20vote%20by%20age-

The most despicable part of the Remain arguement,is their attempt to promote division between different sections of the population. To me this is inexcusable, and I put it in second place after the remainers disrespect for Democracy, as to why I am such a strong supporter of our exit from this so called union.

3A7C7803-84C7-47D9-82AC-0F43A1EF3970.jpeg

31 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

You might have benefited equally attending a British University. According to global rankings in 2018, of the top ten Universities in the world three of them are British. I confess to a little bias because I went to one of them. Of the top 5 Universities in Europe four are British none are in the EU. The best University in the EU is LMU Munich ranked at thirty four. There are six British Universities ranked ahead of them.

Don't get me wrong there are some very good European Universities but lets not pretend you can't get a fantastic education and get involved in some fantastic research in a British University.

8 hours ago, wilcopops said:

Put the 3 REMAIN parties together and you get about the same as Brexit Party (not really a party, though). This is bad news for retainers in the EP but good news if we have a referendum.

8 hours ago, wilcopops said:

Put the 3 REMAIN parties together and you get about the same as Brexit Party (not really a party, though). This is bad news for retainers in the EP but good news if we have a referendum.

I make the three pro Eu parties on 31%, so an even greater margin than at the referendum. What will be interesting is the Labour vote. Will their supporters in their traditional areas of support, still blindly follow the Hampstead wine drinking set,or will they vote for the party that will represent their interest,namely Brexit.

3 hours ago, AlexRich said:

He's a satirist with a cracking sence of (very British) humour. I don't agree with everything he says but I usually have a good laugh at the way he says it. I find it disappointing that he's often 'Bercowed' to order but if that's how low some of you have to stoop so be it.

Related observation from Lee Hurst seen elsewhere:

I've had gigs pulled from me and also had people complaining to venues where I have played. Fortunately for me I retired 16 years ago and now only gig for fun, but jobbing comedians have had to wipe their mouths if they voted leave for fear of being out of work.

32 minutes ago, nontabury said:

I make the three pro Eu parties on 31%, so an even greater margin than at the referendum. What will be interesting is the Labour vote. Will their supporters in their traditional areas of support, still blindly follow the Hampstead wine drinking set,or will they vote for the party that will represent their interest,namely Brexit.

What you are overlooking is that pollsters also have established that the depleted Labour and Tory ranks contain leavers and remainers. With the Tories its 50/50 (Most leavers have left this pack already) and Labour 75/25 in favour of Remain. Leavers on current EU polling get nowhere remotely near 50% overall, which reflects more general polls outside the EU elections.

47 minutes ago, aright said:

You might have benefited equally attending a British University. According to global rankings in 2018, of the top ten Universities in the world three of them are British. I confess to a little bias because I went to one of them. Of the top 5 Universities in Europe four are British none are in the EU. The best University in the EU is LMU Munich ranked at thirty four. There are six British Universities ranked ahead of them.

Don't get me wrong there are some very good European Universities but lets not pretend you can't get a fantastic education and get involved in some fantastic research in a British University.

Since when did the UK leave the EU ? Still in it the  last I heard and nobody needs a University education to deduce that therefore there are currently the top 4 universities in the EU ( 5th is outside in theory as it is in Switzerland)

2 minutes ago, Nigel Garvie said:

What you are overlooking is that pollsters also have established that the depleted Labour and Tory ranks contain leavers and remainers. With the Tories its 50/50 (Most leavers have left this pack already) and Labour 75/25 in favour of Remain. Leavers on current EU polling get nowhere remotely near 50% overall, which reflects more general polls outside the EU elections.

Absolute rubbish. While it’s correct to state that the majority of the Labour leadership, and Labour members are remainers. Rest assure that the vast majority of Traditional Labour voters, are fully in support of our exit from this so called union. What no one knows, in the event of another G.E, will they vote Labour through blind loyalty,or will they vote for their children's and grandchildren’s future, and vote for Brexit.

B8EB1DCF-A39B-4F95-A6D8-A3F2DC165728.jpeg

40 minutes ago, geoffbezoz said:

Since when did the UK leave the EU ? Still in it the  last I heard and nobody needs a University education to deduce that therefore there are currently the top 4 universities in the EU ( 5th is outside in theory as it is in Switzerland)

You do however need a reasonably decent education to recognize pedantry when you see it.

20 minutes ago, AlexRich said:

Here's the truth about Nigel Farage, a oily little conman, not the man of the people he likes to portray himself as. But still lot's of old idiots follow him.

Typical Remainer / Euro play - if you can't win the ball, try to bring the man down.

We're still voting for him and his party in our millions. Remainers think they can attribute the anti-EU sentiment to advertising or personalities. Why do none of them realise that Leavers reject the whole concept of the EU, based on their experience of the past 40 odd years and potential EU superstate? Can't wait for Thursday.

16 minutes ago, Loiner said:

Typical Remainer / Euro play - if you can't win the ball, try to bring the man down.

We're still voting for him and his party in our millions. Remainers think they can attribute the anti-EU sentiment to advertising or personalities. Why do none of them realise that Leavers reject the whole concept of the EU, based on their experience of the past 40 odd years and potential EU superstate? Can't wait for Thursday.

Running true to form. A few days ago the person who's opinion he disagreed with was a stooge and a chimp. Today his nemesis is an oily little conman who has a following of old idiots.

Some Remainers can only articulate disagreements in terms of insults. 

The FA cup beckons 

25 minutes ago, aright said:

Running true to form. A few days ago the person who's opinion he disagreed with was a stooge and a chimp. Today his nemesis is an oily little conman who has a following of old idiots.

Some Remainers can only articulate disagreements in terms of insults. 

The FA cup beckons 

The evidence was clearly outlined ... Farage stated on live television on the eve of the results that his friends in the city had told him that leave had lost ... when he was previously provided with Hedge Fund funded exit poll data that predicted a leave win. He made the statement twice, at different times, and GBP surged higher ... only to fall like a stone when the results came through. Not only did he have inside information but he appears to have lied on live television in order to get GBP as high as possible before it crashed, manipulating the market. The purpose was to maximise hedge fund profits from shorting GBP. He's a criminal ... a crook ... and all these old idiots seem to believe that he's a man of the people.

3 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Access to?

6 hours ago, AlexRich said:

Here's the truth about Nigel Farage, a oily little conman, not the man of the people he likes to portray himself as. But still lot's of old idiots follow him.

Why does Bloomberg, Gerard Batton and most Remoaners like to insult Nigel Farage. Do they not realise that he is only the figurehead of the U.K’s campaign to leave the E.u. And it’s The people themselves who have have come to realise that the E.u is not for our country. And do they also credit him with the ever increasing scepticism of the E.u by millions of Europeans.

Nigel Farage is the 'ONLY one with a strong argument' says expert as Brexit Party SURGES

Next week the EU will start to DESTROY ITSELF from within as insurgent MEPs are elected

50 minutes ago, AlexRich said:

The evidence was clearly outlined ... Farage stated on live television on the eve of the results that his friends in the city had told him that leave had lost ... when he was previously provided with Hedge Fund funded exit poll data that predicted a leave win. He made the statement twice, at different times, and GBP surged higher ... only to fall like a stone when the results came through. Not only did he have inside information but he appears to have lied on live television in order to get GBP as high as possible before it crashed, manipulating the market. The purpose was to maximise hedge fund profits from shorting GBP. He's a criminal ... a crook ... and all these old idiots seem to believe that he's a man of the people.

evidence was clearly outlined 

he appears to have lied

if he's a criminal ... a crook...

why isn't he behind bars?

Archived