Britain's Conservatives in fourth place in EU election poll, Farage leads

rooster59

13 hours ago, AlexRich said:

It's just been reported in the Guardian that Arron Banks gave him £450,000 of funding after the Brexit vote ... "providing him with a furnished Chelsea home, a car and a driver, and money to promote him in America".

And we all know how dodgy Arron Banks is ... Russian wife and suspected "donations" from Russia to fund the Brexit campaign? 

I wouldn't be in the least bit surprised to learn that these muppets are the modern day equivalents to the Cambridge spys of the 1950's. 

Printed in the Guardian. Says it all really.

719662B8-1EEE-4CCD-B367-EE4C28A037A6.jpeg

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Nigel Garvie said:

Unfortunately I misspent my time checking up on this Pat Condell guy. Reading his sick twisted and ugly views was like looking into the mind of a man and finding a huge cesspit, a truly disgusting experience. There was one post defending Tommy Islam, I guess it's a case of one racist creep championing another.

Pat Condell is a nasty old bigot. The one bright spot is that we can celebrate when he dies ... hopefully quite soon. Lol.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, nontabury said:

Thanks for producing that very informative poll.

In first place on 35%, Would that be the Brexit party?

What’s really scary, from your point of view, is that should the UK have another referendum, then Remain will be the result.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, Chelseafan said:

I suspect it's a protest vote of those who usually vote Tory or Labour but can't bear to vote for Farage.

Well, they will be remainers, for whatever reason. 

6 hours ago, tebee said:

It's us old <deleted> that support brexit - with obvious exceptions.... 

European%20Parliament%20vote%20by%20age-

The trend seems likely but I bet more younger people with vote BP than that.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, nontabury said:

Printed in the Guardian. Says it all really.

719662B8-1EEE-4CCD-B367-EE4C28A037A6.jpeg

That's right ... we're at war with Germany? It comforts me that each year that passes 100,000s of idiots that voted Brexit die ... Darwinism really does work.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, evadgib said:

....& none give birth or come of age to replace them?

(And a belated 'Owzat!')

It doesn't look like it ... unless of course every new baby born in the UK in the future comes out like Benjamin Button.

26 minutes ago, AlexRich said:

That's right ... we're at war with Germany? It comforts me that each year that passes 100,000s of idiots that voted Brexit die ... Darwinism really does work.

Morbid Report back on sale.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, nauseus said:

Morbid Report back on sale.

I'm only stating the facts ... Brexit lovers are a dying breed. Young people aren't obsessed with the EU, they rather quite like it. By the time we get that second referendum it will be dead in the water.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, AlexRich said:

I'm only stating the facts ... Brexit lovers are a dying breed. Young people aren't obsessed with the EU, they rather quite like it. By the time we get that second referendum it will be dead in the water.

Facts? There was a good showing of bright youngsters on the TV a while back, with the leavers in about equal numbers to remainers (it was up north somewhere) but far more aware and astute than the pro EU lot. Hopefully this will be the vanguard of Generation Z, who are presently witnessing this attack on UK democracy and can't believe it, either. Good for them!

The EU is finally being exposed for the ponzi scheme that it is. European countries could have any mutual economic benefits as are today, without losing so much sovereignty.  

By the time we get your second (third) referendum we should be out of the EU and it will be 2057.

• Like 2

On 5/17/2019 at 10:44 AM, tebee said:

Well it's happened, Lib dems now in second place in the polls, ahead of labour. Tories in 5th place, behind Greens

Put the 3 REMAIN parties together and you get about the same as Brexit Party (not really a party, though). This is bad news for retainers in the EP but good news if we have a referendum.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, nauseus said:

Facts? There was a good showing of bright youngsters on the TV a while back, with the leavers in about equal numbers to remainers (it was up north somewhere) but far more aware and astute than the pro EU lot. Hopefully this will be the vanguard of Generation Z, who are presently witnessing this attack on UK democracy and can't believe it, either. Good for them!

The EU is finally being exposed for the ponzi scheme that it is. European countries could have any mutual economic benefits as are today, without losing so much sovereignty.  

By the time we get your second (third) referendum we should be out of the EU and it will be 2057.

You do realize TV shows like this deliberately present a balanced selection of ‘Joe Public’ don’t you?!

23 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

You do realize TV shows like this deliberately present a balanced selection of ‘Joe Public’ don’t you?!

This show was discussed on here before. I can't remember the name/date. It was actually one of the few that was balanced. Took the Beeb completely by surprise! 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, wilcopops said:

It is a constant source of amazement how Brexiteers manage to get EVERYTHING wrong, drawing absolutely irrational conclusions using totally inaccurate evidence. 

It really doesn't matter how much you think Brexit is an answer or how many people vote for it, it doesn't make it right - you can't vote the world flat.

I wonder what he's talking about?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, nauseus said:

Look at the age range details shown in a post above. The TV show was designed to have as many leave kids as remainers ... but with the total population of youth the balance is heavily for remain. 

I have just caught up with the process of seat allocation to the European Parliament.....It's quite complex.

The way votes are counted in a European election is different to a general election too. A system called d’Hondt is used, which is meant to produce a broadly proportional allocation of seats.

The total number of votes for each party in each region are counted and then put in order. The party at the top gets seat number one. That is allocated to the candidate at the top of its list.

The winning party’s vote total is then halved and the whole list is looked at again. Whichever party is on top of this reordered list gets the next seat. That may well be the same party that won the first seat, if it has secured enough support, or it may be another party.

The party at the top of the second list (if it is a different party) then gets its vote total divided in half and the process is repeated. (If the same party has just won twice, the division is by three). This goes on until all the seats in the region are filled. Parties with less support may never reach the top and won’t win a seat. Chances vary depending on the size of the region.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, wilcopops said:

It is a constant source of amazement how Brexiteers manage to get EVERYTHING wrong, drawing absolutely irrational conclusions using totally inaccurate evidence. 

It really doesn't matter how much you think Brexit is an answer or how many people vote for it, it doesn't make it right - you can't vote the world flat.

It's been a continuing source of amusement to me reading posts of Brexiteers since the referendum result. Every prediction wrong ... we had Sgt Rock (long gone) predicting the collapse of the EU and providing his "proofs", and insisting everyone else posts "proofs" ... wrong. A more recent one was telling me that I simply lacked his legal and forensic skills when I told him the UK would still be in the EU on 30 March 2019 ... he's since disappeared. 

I recognise that most OAPs in the UK support Brexit ... but these guys fail to acknowledge that young people in this country do not. Opinions trump facts in their deluded world.

13 hours ago, AlexRich said:

Pat Condell is a nasty old bigot. The one bright spot is that we can celebrate when he dies ... hopefully quite soon. Lol.

Are you saying that from your safe space sweetie? Is that old man too close to the real world for you? Let's try and get him banned from all MSM, you know, where the children play.

He may be around longer than you think, or could easily be replaced because there are millions more out there who know the truth and are not afraid of twatter trolls.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AlexRich said:

Look at the age range details shown in a post above. The TV show was designed to have as many leave kids as remainers ... but with the total population of youth the balance is heavily for remain. 

The post is just a poll. The youth balance for remain is not as biased as the poll, or you, declare it to be.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1