No-parking zones painted behind Central Marina

Rimmer

No-parking zones painted behind Central Marina

image.png

PATTAYA:--Pattaya painted no-parking markers on curbs behind Central Marina shopping mall.

Congestion prompted the city to repaint existing red-and-white curbs to reinforce that parking is prohibited. Taxis and vehicles also cannot stop there for drop-offs.

If enforced, the no-parking zones should reduce traffic jams during rush hour, city officials said.

Temporary parking is allowed in yellow-and-white areas.

-- PATTAYA MAIL 2019-05-17--

How wonderful. Paint all you want - as long as there are no BiB in sight to enforce it... But I'm too quick on the keyboard, the solution is here: we'll go Japanese shortly and everything will sort itself out. Not.

Errrm notice in the photo how the motorcycles are now all parked on the pavement.+ the reason for the traffic jams are the big tour busses herding the Chinese around, often on totally unstable narrow roads..which the road in the photo becomes a bit further down.

4 minutes ago, johng said:

Errrm notice in the photo how the motorcycles are now all parked on the pavement.+ the reason for the traffic jams are the big tour busses herding the Chinese around, often on totally unstable narrow roads..which the road in the photo becomes a bit further down.

Errrm, notice the "parking" bays, mark on the "pavement," perhaps installed for that very purpose.

Yes but..supposedly pavements are for pedestrians to walk on ??

there has been lots of hoo-har recently about motorcycle riding on the pavements after a few people where knocked down and injured.

I ( selfishly )  like the easy on pavement parking for bikes  as its convenient for me when I ride...but

have been violently shoved ( to try and make me fall off )

by some foreign "activist pedestrian" while trying to get out of one of those "on the pavement" motorcycle parking spots outside Kasikorn bank on South Pattaya road..I hope he fell down a pot hole somewhere further down the street. ????

This free's up the only shaded space in that area, now the filthy smoke belching tour buses park their blocking the  sight lines of the intersections...while the driver washes his underware and socks to hang dry and waits for his next trip down beach rd/freeway...

All the major streets should be no parking and the sidewalks improved and widened with shade trees added. The parking now is just filled with taxis, vendors, and motorcycles for rent--little benefit for the majority using the roads and sidewalks.

Oh goodie.  They have those red-strips all around the Jampha Mall in Lamphun and I can only believe that Thais interpret red lines on the curb to mean "Park Here!"  
In Chiang Mai red lines on the curb mean "Park on the sidewalk and not and the street!"  
That must be correct as you never see a security guard at Jampha or a cop in Chiang Mai do anything other than to let things go.  Park where you want.

19 hours ago, Rimmer said:

If enforced, the no-parking zones should reduce traffic jams during rush hour, city officials said.

How about doing the same along Klang and North Rd, at the moment double parking seems to be quite acceptable, a few hundred vehicles can be delayed and forced into the wrong lanes by someone buying noodles on main roads here!

one:    there's certainly not much 'rush' in that and the following hours...

As such, I'd be compelled to rename it to 'peak period'

-  as that would negate the city officials (hopefully tongue in cheek) insinuation, that they are implying there is rapidity in movement of the traffic

In some countries laws are enacted and enforced, with consequences for those who fail to comply. In other countries laws are enacted, not enforced and ignored with impunity. Thailand has a lot of glitter and shine on the outside. Sratch the thin layer of paint, and the real truth becomes obvious.

5 hours ago, Benmart said:

In some countries laws are enacted and enforced, with consequences for those who fail to comply. In other countries laws are enacted, not enforced and ignored with impunity.

And in some countries laws are enforced depending on the person

On 5/17/2019 at 4:53 AM, Rimmer said:

Congestion prompted the city to repaint existing red-and-white curbs to reinforce that parking is prohibited. Taxis and vehicles also cannot stop there for drop-offs.

I can see it now, Taxi pulls up to drop off or pick, and Cop walks up and spends 5 minutes ticketing Taxi, that is going to really impede traffic flow...

Though they could use cctv and send ticket in the post.

14 hours ago, Basil B said:

I can see it now, Taxi pulls up to drop off or pick, and Cop walks up and spends 5 minutes ticketing Taxi, that is going to really impede traffic flow...

Probably not any more than 5 minutes arguing over the fare because he refused to use the meter. There are things called taxi stands all over the world in cities. 

20 hours ago, Basil B said:

thought 50 percent of cameras are not working in Patts??

On 5/18/2019 at 9:42 AM, mikebell said:

As has been pointed out earlier until Pattayas get a police force nothing will change.  How many illegal taximeter drivers have Pattaya Plod arrested?

IF ENFORCED thats the BIG question....how and will it be ENFORCED.....there are NOT enough coppers TO ENFORCE...

Why not get s a TRAFFIC warden force as like in the UK??

On 5/18/2019 at 6:11 AM, jacko45k said:

How about doing the same along Klang and North Rd, at the moment double parking seems to be quite acceptable, a few hundred vehicles can be delayed and forced into the wrong lanes by someone buying noodles on main roads here!

That's country wide ????

Archived