All shook up: Brexit Party's Nigel Farage doused with milkshake on campaign

webfact

On 5/21/2019 at 9:26 AM, owl sees all said:

The English are a melancholy lot. Always supporting the underdog and the hard-done-by. Could it have been a spoof attack?

In a recent poll more than 50% of the English wanted the indians to win .

Where you in Dads army?

Without  Big John Wayne , the US of A , would not be civilised , ask tonto. 

Bttopic ,  Farage  is a cabbage , a bit of a cowboy.. Rip.

• Replies 618
  • Created
  • Last Reply
52 minutes ago, tebee said:

The contradiction of Faragism.

Wants to "take back control" but trashes domestic institutions.

Faragism is now a full frontal assault on British political institutions. There isn’t a single one which escapes Farage’s ire. Parliament, the courts, the media, the electoral commission, all form one nefarious establishment seeking to undo popular will.

He tries to copy the Trump recipe. To present oneself as victims, to incite hatred against minorities or institutions, to distract as much as possible from his own personal situation. Muzzling critics of all kinds with propaganda slogans, solving complex problems with easily digestible answers, never going into details, presenting themselves as equal among the good faith electorate, selling themselves as messiahs and there person as a solution for all problems. 

12 minutes ago, tomacht8 said:

He tries to copy the Trump recipe. To present oneself as victims, to incite hatred against minorities or institutions, to distract as much as possible from his own personal situation. Muzzling critics of all kinds with propaganda slogans, solving complex problems with easily digestible answers, never going into details, presenting themselves as equal among the good faith electorate, selling themselves as messiahs and there person as a solution for all problems. 

and the idiot right nutters love him just the same.  We can only hope he does serious stir.

Why brexit is itself has become a threat to our democracy :-

A tribal mentality rejects universality of laws and norms. The laws, norms and decency of a tribe extend only to its members. A leader may comprehensively violate a tribes laws and norms in actions against its enemies.

Of course what this means is that the Farage-supporting third of the electorate regard Remainers as their tribal enemies. They no longer regard us and them as belonging to a single democratic community. That tribal antagonism to more than half of the population puts democracy itself under grave threat. A democracy requires that everyone within it regards its members as members of a single community equally governed by and protected by its laws and norms. Egged on by years of divisive hate propaganda in the right-wing press, Farage's supporters, have now adopted a stance of tribal enmity that means that far from living in a democracy we live in a land dominated by a largely bloodless tribal war.

46 minutes ago, tebee said:

Why brexit is itself has become a threat to our democracy :-

A tribal mentality rejects universality of laws and norms. The laws, norms and decency of a tribe extend only to its members. A leader may comprehensively violate a tribes laws and norms in actions against its enemies.

Of course what this means is that the Farage-supporting third of the electorate regard Remainers as their tribal enemies. They no longer regard us and them as belonging to a single democratic community. That tribal antagonism to more than half of the population puts democracy itself under grave threat. A democracy requires that everyone within it regards its members as members of a single community equally governed by and protected by its laws and norms. Egged on by years of divisive hate propaganda in the right-wing press, Farage's supporters, have now adopted a stance of tribal enmity that means that far from living in a democracy we live in a land dominated by a largely bloodless tribal war.

What you say maybe very prodigious but it's all Greek to me. 

24 minutes ago, aright said:

What you say maybe very prodigious but it's all Greek to me. 

There are a growing number of incidents recorded on video of Brexit supporters screaming ‘Traitor’ at those they believe to be Remain supporters.

Look them up.

This anger is being stoked by the extreme right wing.

Now come back and tell me Brexiteers are the defenders of democracy.

Those who disagree with you in a democracy are not traitors.

11 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

There are a growing number of incidents recorded on video of Brexit supporters screaming ‘Traitor’ at those they believe to be Remain supporters.

Look them up.

This anger is being stoked by the extreme right wing.

Now come back and tell me Brexiteers are the defenders of democracy.

Those who disagree with you in a democracy are not traitors.

Was the milk shake Chucker a Remainer? an extreme left winger?

I have never regarded people with a different political persuasion to myself as traitors neither does anyone I know and I haven't heard that said in the pub. It wouldn't be your version of "Project Malign" would it?

With regards to democracy I believe the EU is inwardly focused and protectionist, deliberately designed to appear democratic, while ensuring democratic votes cannot change the direction of travel as evidenced by their reaction to the increasing popularity of extremist political parties. . We won't be taking any lessons in democracy from a Union with ambitions to become an undemocratic pan European empire. Imo doomed to failure.

I like Europe and feel we can still be friends with our neighbours without sharing in their decline. Outside the EU we will be in a better position to help them when they collapse in the next recession.

8 minutes ago, aright said:

Was the milk shake Chucker a Remainer? an extreme left winger?

I have never regarded people with a different political persuasion to myself as traitors neither does anyone I know and I haven't heard that said in the pub. It wouldn't be your version of "Project Malign" would it?

With regards to democracy I believe the EU is inwardly focused and protectionist, deliberately designed to appear democratic, while ensuring democratic votes cannot change the direction of travel as evidenced by their reaction to the increasing popularity of extremist political parties. . We won't be taking any lessons in democracy from a Union with ambitions to become an undemocratic pan European empire. Imo doomed to failure.

I like Europe and feel we can still be friends with our neighbours without sharing in their decline. Outside the EU we will be in a better position to help them when they collapse in the next recession.

‘Project malign’ you say.

Refer attached and video I’m attached:

https://www.theneweuropean.co.uk/top-stories/femi-oluwole-abused-outside-brexit-rally-1-6064862

It is difficult reading this thread. The overwhelming take is that the left wholeheartedly support violence against those that do not agree with them. Clearly by turning the other cheek this vile behavior will not stop. I get the feeling that if thousands of patriots tooled up with milkshakes and eggs and started turning up to Alec Jones, Corbyn, Abbott et al's public appearances and letting fly that things would change rather quickly. Oh, not funny then is it? 

This whole episode marks yet another hitting of rock bottom by the political left. Using violence as a political tool. We used to call it terrorism. Time to grow up, and accept democracy. Even when your team is losing.

2 hours ago, TopDeadSenter said:

It is difficult reading this thread. The overwhelming take is that the left wholeheartedly support violence against those that do not agree with them. Clearly by turning the other cheek this vile behavior will not stop. I get the feeling that if thousands of patriots tooled up with milkshakes and eggs and started turning up to Alec Jones, Corbyn, Abbott et al's public appearances and letting fly that things would change rather quickly. Oh, not funny then is it? 

This whole episode marks yet another hitting of rock bottom by the political left. Using violence as a political tool. We used to call it terrorism. Time to grow up, and accept democracy. Even when your team is losing.

Throwing a milkshake is violence. 

But then you ignore the recorded fact that violent crimes against immigrants and minorities increased before and after the referendum and that the violent crimes against immigrants and minorities are perpetrated by right wingers. 

So let's all shed a tear for one of the right wing leaders who promotes xenophobia because he had his suit ruined. 

Away with your and your faux concern over politically motivated violence. 

13 hours ago, baboon said:

And yet so many will still follow him to the gates of Hell and back. The problem for them of course will be the "and back' part. Look at how he dumped his Sunderland marchers when they were of no further use to him. One would think that would sound a warning to his support base as to the nature of the man, but clearly not...

Got a link for that and are they still in the ditch?

10 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

But then you ignore the recorded fact that violent crimes against immigrants and minorities increased before and after the referendum and that the violent crimes against immigrants and minorities are perpetrated by right wingers. 

So let's all shed a tear for one of the right wing leaders who promotes xenophobia because he had his suit ruined. 

But then you ignore the fact that most violent crimes against immigrants and minorities have not been proven to have been perpetrated by right wingers. 

11 minutes ago, nauseus said:

But then you ignore the fact that most violent crimes against immigrants and minorities have not been proven to have been perpetrated by right wingers. 

And he's still ignoring it.

15 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

You probably want to post a credible link for this spurious claim. I am aware of a flurry of fake hate crimes both here and across the pond that might give some casual observers the feeling that violence against minorities is increasing. The so called Smollett effect. 

It is easy to lose sight of the fact that before forced open borders, the knife crime epidemic and the wholesale removal of British people's rights to expression, we were largely content in the European Union. I suppose the writing was on the wall ever since Mandelson, Campbell et al actually sent out search parties for more migrants to "rub the right's nose in diversity".

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/law-and-order/6418456/Labour-wanted-mass-immigration-to-make-UK-more-multicultural-says-former-adviser.html

It was never going to end well. Was it? Still, none of this excuses the rise of violent tactics by the left against campaigning MPs. Throwing milkshakes, bottles of pee, or acid. It is not helping your cause. In fact, looking at the figures it is helping Farage. 

On 5/22/2019 at 1:23 AM, tomacht8 said:

Nigel Farage said he did not declare the £450,000 sum to the European Parliament because he was about to leave politics and had been seeking a new life in the US.

But when he got back into politics, he did not declare the money too. He was just caught with his fingers in the cookie jar.

MEPs found to have acted improperly can be reprimanded, their parliamentary allowance can be withheld or they can be banned from some activities

You are prejudging the issue, as the politically prejudiced are inclined to do. Whether or not Farage was "caught with his fingers in the cookie jar", as you allege, is an issue which will be decided by an EU committee, due to convene next month. 

I'm off to vote. Read this article this morning. I thought some of the brothers might be interested

No European election ever deflects the EU deep state one inch from its rigid course

The election of 170 part-time dilettantes from the Eurosceptic Left and Right might shake up French or Italian politics. It will change absolutely nothing in the governing structure of  the EU.................

Nigel Farage, France’s Marine Le Pen, and Italy’s Beppe Grillo, and Greece’s Syriza (before it was co-opted) all levered gains in the 2014 elections into uprisings of sorts in their own countries, but they did not deflect the EU juggernaut one inch from its rigid, imperial, integrationist course. Not even Brexit has done that. Au contraire.

https://flipboard.com/@TheTelegraph/no-european-election-ever-deflects-the-eu-deep-state-one-inch-from-its-rigid-cou/a-riAcFs5WQbOxX9g6pZY5_A%3Aa%3A3199678-0406f1f410/co.uk

4 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Do you have any of those recorded facts, or are they all just 'hate crime'? What about immigrants and minorities increasingly violent crimes of all kinds? 

What about the mob of P***s who attacked a MEP rally in Oldham on Saturday? They have escalated way beyond milkshakes, but the MSM and TVF snowflakes would rather quash that inconvenient truth. There's none so racist and xenophobic as followers of a certain religion of peace. 

Archived