All shook up: Brexit Party's Nigel Farage doused with milkshake on campaign

webfact

9 hours ago, Loiner said:

Orban is doing a grand job for Hungary, standing up to the EU bullies. I wish we had somebody like him. All the right of centre populists will do an even better job from next week, our very own Brexit Party too. Russia's agenda of weakening the EU is to be lauded. We couldn't do that because our politicians and Remainer federasts support oppressive authoritarian states. Pity they don't support some nationalism, but prefer the multinationals' globalism for some reason.  

Thanks for informing your position, an Orwellian diatribe. Making an assumption you are not a troll, personally I find it awful that UK citizens wish for the destruction of our democratic institutions to be replaced by oppressive authoritarian government.

• Replies 618
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, simple1 said:

Orban is heading towards a dictatorship. Orban, as with Farage, le Pen and a number of other right of centre populists they admire & support Putin. As we know Russia has an agenda to weaker the EU and other Western democracies.  Why people post the nonsense above I'm unsure, I can only assume trolls or grossly misinformed or sadly supporters of a future world comprised of oppressive authoritarian nationalist States.

I thought Russia had a history of support from left wing politicians, simple1?

Did you intend to point out that politicians from both the left and right wing have shown support towards Russia?

1 minute ago, nkg said:

I don't think most Brexit party voters are voting for Farage at all. Slagging him off is missing the point.

It is a protest vote against the UK's mainstream political parties. They would happily vote for a tin of baked beans if it represented Brexit.

correct,but a tin of beans has more brains,farage is banks's puppet,whats democratic about that? leave voters always go back to soros who they say was in with the EU,well banks is the present day soros who more than likely has waged huge amounts on the pound crashing like before if brexit were to happen,probably made billions off the 15% crash 3 years ago and fancies even more,hence paying farage huge amounts,iam afraid it has gone above EU immigrants and the NHS,its now a multi billionaires play thing,but its out now and i expect parliament to act on it.

2 minutes ago, nkg said:

Did you intend to point out that politicians from both the left and right wing have shown support towards Russia?

any that cause EU disharmony will do for putin,he never forgave the poles,latvians etc for joining nato

8 minutes ago, bomber said:

correct,but a tin of beans has more brains,farage is banks's puppet,whats democratic about that? leave voters always go back to soros who they say was in with the EU,well banks is the present day soros who more than likely has waged huge amounts on the pound crashing like before if brexit were to happen,probably made billions off the 15% crash 3 years ago and fancies even more,hence paying farage huge amounts,iam afraid it has gone above EU immigrants and the NHS,its now a multi billionaires play thing,but its out now and i expect parliament to act on it.

Well, you bring up some issues that I hadn't previously considered. Food for thought.

20 minutes ago, nkg said:

No. I'm talking to today's reality that members support authoritarian and oppressive political parties who align themselves to Putin's corrupt dictatorship.

33 minutes ago, simple1 said:

No. I'm talking to today's reality that members support authoritarian and oppressive political parties who align themselves to Putin's corrupt dictatorship.

But I can think of a very relevant modern example of a left-wing politician who supports Russia. A potential future UK Prime Minister, no less.

Here is Jeremy Corbyn on Twitter, giving his thoughts on Russia's news channel RT:

He's appeared as a guest on RT several times.

11 minutes ago, nkg said:

But I can think of a very relevant modern example of a left-wing politician who supports Russia. A potential future UK Prime Minister, no less!

Here is Jeremy Corbyn on Twitter, giving his thoughts on Russia's news channel RT:

He's appeared as a guest on RT several times.

I know, but I seriously doubt Corbyn will gain actual power, nor representing a trend in the EU. Whereas a number of right of centre leaders do represent a very dangerous trend and have gained power in the EU.

1 minute ago, simple1 said:

I know, but I seriously doubt Corbyn will gain actual power, nor representing a trend in the EU. Whereas a number of right of centre leaders do represent a very dangerous trend and have gained power in the EU.

Labour are odds on to win the next general election (10/11 William Hill), and Corbyn is their leader, so I would suggest that it is quite likely he will lead a country far more powerful than the likes of Orban's Hungary.

I think that it would be more intellectually honest to acknowledge that Russia has supporters across the political spectrum. Why would Russia accept support from the right, but turn away support from the left and centre?

14 minutes ago, nkg said:

Labour are odds on to win the next general election (10/11 William Hill), and Corbyn is their leader, so I would suggest that it is quite likely he will lead a country far more powerful than the likes of Orban's Hungary.

I think that it would be more intellectually honest to acknowledge that Russia has supporters across the political spectrum. Why would Russia accept support from the right, but turn away support from the left and centre?

Please stop deflecting / denying. One last time with you. It is the right of centre parties who are attempting to control power in the EU, aligned to Putin, who are most often sympathised with on the is forum. Some members clearly state they wish for the destruction of our democratic institutions to be replaced by authoritarian structured government - end of.

55 minutes ago, simple1 said:

Please stop deflecting / denying. One last time with you. It is the right of centre parties who are attempting to control power in the EU, aligned to Putin, who are most often sympathised with on the is forum. Some members clearly state they wish for the destruction of our democratic institutions to be replaced by authoritarian structured government - end of.

OK, you win. I tried deflecting and denying, but it was no good. You got the better of me there with your keen debating skills.

When you said "One last time with you" and "end of" I realised I was talking to somebody of enormous intelligence.

Have a nice day ????

1 hour ago, soalbundy said:

The establishment has a very long arm, incredible patience and a long memory.

That's why the system has to be smashed. Starting with the House of Lords. The voting system needs to change and the BBC must go.

Most of the career politicians are in the business to serve themselves; not the wonderful UK people. Brexit is the best thing to have taken place in my lifetime. A chance for the people to have their say. They have spoken once, and the establishment needs to wake up and smell the coffee (or tea).

It is time people of the world. Unite! We have the power Do not stand alone, do not fear, do not despair; the enemy is the establishment with their arms, patience and long memories.

9 hours ago, evadgib said:

A spectacular own goal:

Don with a couple of his 'friends', I just hope they can find the perpetrators of the people who would do this this to an 81 year old man, and then they could ask them politely why they would do such a thing.

IMG_20190524_081603.jpg

38 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

That's why the system has to be smashed. Starting with the House of Lords. The voting system needs to change and the BBC must go.

Most of the career politicians are in the business to serve themselves; not the wonderful UK people. Brexit is the best thing to have taken place in my lifetime. A chance for the people to have their say. They have spoken once, and the establishment needs to wake up and smell the coffee (or tea).

It is time people of the world. Unite! We have the power Do not stand alone, do not fear, do not despair; the enemy is the establishment with their arms, patience and long memories.

I agree with you but theres a problem, those that are spearheading change politically are the same class as those they want to oust, indeed sometimes even worse. 

12 minutes ago, vogie said:

Don with a couple of his 'friends', I just hope they can find the perpetrators of the people who would do this this to an 81 year old man, and then they could ask them politely why they would do such a thing.

IMG_20190524_081603.jpg

I do not care what your politics are, whether a Brexiteer or a Remainer; nobody has the right to assault a dignified old gentleman (who has served his country) in this manner when he is simply expressing his own personal political opinion in a calm and peaceful manner.

The person who did this is one of the most pathetic individuals ever to walk the earth!

14 minutes ago, MRToMRT said:

I agree with you but theres a problem, those that are spearheading change politically are the same class as those they want to oust, indeed sometimes even worse. 

Well it should, IMO, have been Corbyn spearheading change. He was always anti a federal Europe, at least he was when I knew him.

The Brexit party is a vehicle for change. The people who believe in democracy have no-one else to turn to. Personally, I think UKIP is finished as any force, so Brexit is the new-kid-on-the-block and flavour of the month. We will have to see if their momentum carries on through to Peterborough and beyond.

18 hours ago, nontabury said:

The owners of British steel were given a very generous loan three years ago, in order to keep the business afloat. This was before The people’s referendum, when the people Democratically voted to leave this so called union.

Forward to 2019, and again the company is in financial difficulties, due to a number of reasons, competition from China and other low wage economies. E.u regulations that seem to stop the British government from supporting our industries, but strangely does not stop E.u countries such as Germany,Belgium and France.

On the topic of economics, what does a leading Germans economic expert think about the U.K’s prospect after we leave.

"E.u regulations that seem to stop the British government from supporting our industries, but strangely does not stop E.u countries such as Germany,Belgium and France."

I apologise in advance if this has already been asked and answered (I'm working my way through the numerous posts since my last visit yesterday!), but do you have any evidence to support this claim?

Living in the U.K. I get to watch many political programmes, too many my wife says. Yet for some unexplainable reason, I have not seen, or even any reference to these and other similar riots. I wonder why.

Not living in the uk, I have no idea whether this is true or not - but assuming it is true, then it is more than sad that extreme media bias is still allowed to continue in this way ☹️.

We've seen it before of course at various times - hence my comment re. "still" being allowed.

Living in the U.K. I get to watch many political programmes, too many my wife says. Yet for some unexplainable reason, I have not seen, or even any reference to these and other similar riots. I wonder why.

These events were reported by the BBC and other media.

However they were not reported in the same manner as the video put together by the extreme right winger 'Tommy Robinson'.

The statements he makes in his video are not subject to any editorial review or confirmation. The video is another piece of 'Tommy Robinson' propaganda, just like everything else he puts out. 

2 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

These events were reported by the BBC and other media.

However they were not reported in the same manner as the video put together by the extreme right winger 'Tommy Robinson'.

The statements he makes in his video are not subject to any editorial review or confirmation. The video is another piece of 'Tommy Robinson' propaganda, just like everything else he puts out. 

Your default position always includes a demand for supporting evidence....

22 minutes ago, evadgib said:

Your default position always includes a demand for supporting evidence....

Like, as if that were a bad thing?!

Forgive me, its probably my academic training, but then it's not my judgement that decides how the news is presented, it's the judgement of news editors.

News editors (in general) have a habit of checking sources and confirming statements / information they are provided with before sending it out as news. 

Question the the news you see and read by all means, but please apply the same questions to the propaganda put out by 'Tommy Robinson'.

14 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Like, as if that were a bad thing?!

Forgive me, its probably my academic training, but then it's not my judgement that decides how the news is presented, it's the judgement of news editors.

News editors (in general) have a habit of checking sources and confirming statements / information they are provided with before sending it out as news. 

Question the the news you see and read by all means, but please apply the same questions to the propaganda put out by 'Tommy Robinson'.

More condescension & nothing in support of your earlier claim?

My point here is very clear. Thank you for helping me expose your agenda to the rest of the board.

3 hours ago, owl sees all said:

The establishment is not in parliament, no power there, but definitely in the civil service, banking world wide, industry world wide, royalty, in the clubs we aren't allowed in, it has no borders, no loyalties except to power and money. I don't think anything bothers them much because in the end they will always get what they want, the government and the plebs are controlled by them, the plebs through the 'free press and median' and the government can always be brought to heel by the world of international finanz, even China and especially America.

1 hour ago, dick dasterdly said:

Not living in the uk, I have no idea whether this is true or not - but assuming it is true, then it is more than sad that extreme media bias is still allowed to continue in this way ☹️.

We've seen it before of course at various times - hence my comment re. "still" being allowed.

The media does what it's told, in some ways Donald is right, he is wrong though if he thinks the deep state is on capitol hill, it doesn't have a country.

3 hours ago, owl sees all said:

Well it should, IMO, have been Corbyn spearheading change. He was always anti a federal Europe, at least he was when I knew him.

The Brexit party is a vehicle for change. The people who believe in democracy have no-one else to turn to. Personally, I think UKIP is finished as any force, so Brexit is the new-kid-on-the-block and flavour of the month. We will have to see if their momentum carries on through to Peterborough and beyond.

I personally think that the Brexit party is being swept along by protest voters, both leave and remain. Parties have no power. Look at what is happening between the USA and China, do you think that Trump is President despite losing the popular vote by chance ? Or because the real power in the world decided it wanted the chaos, wanted China curtailed and with it America.

59 minutes ago, evadgib said:

More condescension & nothing in support of your earlier claim?

My point here is very clear. Thank you for helping me expose your agenda to the rest of the board.

Yes I have an agenda.

It's politically liberal, left of centre.

I don't think I needed any help from you to expose what is central to any political comment I ever make on this forum.

Archived