All shook up: Brexit Party's Nigel Farage doused with milkshake on campaign

webfact

The argument as far as I’m concerned is little to do with morality, and more to do with what’s best for the people of the UK, particularly the young ones (and the ones coming through later) who will have to carry the heavy weight of Brexit. The OAPs on here who think it’s a great thing won’t have to deal with the consequences of it. They expect others to do that. Of course if Brexit hit them hard they would never have voted for it. But underlying that is a bunch of shady figures with links to countries that are looking to disrupt the west, in particular Russia. With all of these disruptive parties across Europe (and the US) you see Russian connections and influences. The electoral commission believe that Aaron Banks £8m donation came from soviet intelligence. With tax havens and secrecy that will be a job to prove, but we’ve already seen leaks with the Panama papers, so the truth may come out in the end. We’ve seen a similar scandal a few days ago in Austria. 

Im not interested in moral high grounds, I’m interested in the truth.

Please supply links to back up what you say re electoral commission..aaron banks..soviet intelligence

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Replies 618
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, Loiner said:

Not you - so which Remainer is it?
Do you hate Farage and Tommy Robinsion as much, or more, than the old people you prefer dead so they couldn't vote Leave again? I thinks that's nastier - don't you?

I hate Farage and Tommy Islam ... it’s hard to hate people who are essentially gullible ... that Brexiteers are disproportionally in the older age range and are a dying breed is merely a statement of fact. It’s more pity, than hate.

1 hour ago, AlexRich said:

The argument as far as I’m concerned is little to do with morality, and more to do with what’s best for the people of the UK, particularly the young ones (and the ones coming through later) who will have to carry the heavy weight of Brexit. The OAPs on here who think it’s a great thing won’t have to deal with the consequences of it. They expect others to do that. Of course if Brexit hit them hard they would never have voted for it. But underlying that is a bunch of shady figures with links to countries that are looking to disrupt the west, in particular Russia. With all of these disruptive parties across Europe (and the US) you see Russian connections and influences. The electoral commission believe that Aaron Banks £8m donation came from soviet intelligence. With tax havens and secrecy that will be a job to prove, but we’ve already seen leaks with the Panama papers, so the truth may come out in the end. We’ve seen a similar scandal a few days ago in Austria. 

"Morality" and "what's best for the people of the UK" are one and the same. Remainers see themselves as being the "good guys", caring about human rights and asylum seekers, wanting what's best.

When some of the "good guys" are foul-mouthed and aggressive, nobody seriously believes that they are the "good guys" any more.

You make some interesting points about the funding of Brexit. However, the Remain camp has skeletons in its cupboard too. The truth encompasses both sides of the argument.

26 minutes ago, nkg said:

"Morality" and "what's best for the people of the UK" are one and the same. Remainers see themselves as being the "good guys", caring about human rights and asylum seekers, wanting what's best.

When some of the "good guys" are foul-mouthed and aggressive, nobody seriously believes that they are the "good guys" any more.

You make some interesting points about the funding of Brexit. However, the Remain camp has skeletons in its cupboard too. The truth encompasses both sides of the argument.

No, it isn't. There are plenty remainers who would prefer to set their own rules on who comes into the country ... but accept freedom of movement ... because being in the EU gives greater benefits. Being in the EU is a trade-off ... if you are for it you believe the things you get are worth more than the things you give up. If you are against it's the opposite. It's not good or bad, it is not a moral argument. 

What hasn't dawned on Brexiteers is that a trade deal with the US will involve similar trade offs, as indeed does operating on WTO rules. If you set your tariffs at zero, you do so for every country.

11 hours ago, evadgib said:

Could you not have expressed yourself without the flag of convenience who's only purpose is to create the illusion that one side is right while the others (Majority/Clean Sweep yesterday/Toppled the PM today) are somehow wrong....

To repeat CH is correct in requesting links for fact check purposes. It is blindingly obvious the right of centre advocates are using Orwellian propaganda methods.

I hate Farage and Tommy Islam ... it’s hard to hate people who are essentially gullible ... that Brexiteers are disproportionally in the older age range and are a dying breed is merely a statement of fact. It’s more pity, than hate.

That will include the grandchildren of friends of mine over in Glasgow, who along with many other British people..signed up with the Brexit Party and donated their respective 25 quids.

On 5/21/2019 at 5:22 AM, webfact said:

Nigel Farage doused with milkshake

Milkshakes have been weaponized. This is the kind of irresponsible, shameful and anarchic behavior you get when you don’t allow easy access to guns.

On 5/24/2019 at 4:56 AM, nkg said:

I don't think most Brexit party voters are voting for Farage at all. Slagging him off is missing the point.

It is a protest vote against the UK's mainstream political parties. They would happily vote for a tin of baked beans if it represented Brexit.

Yes. But I think the main reason is simply because we are still in the EU. 

14 hours ago, AlexRich said:

If you want the truth, it is that a lot of OAPs believe that future generations will be better off owning and belonging to an independent Britain, which will eventually be much better of out of the EU. The OAPs are obviously older but it is rarely acknowledged that they are likely to be wiser too. A majority of the oldies on here and in the UK think the consequences of staying in the EU will be far worse than leaving and are well aware that these consequences will not affect them as much as the kids that they care more about than themselves. 

3 minutes ago, nauseus said:

If you want the truth, it is that a lot of OAPs believe that future generations will be better off owning and belonging to an independent Britain, which will eventually be much better of out of the EU. The OAPs are obviously older but it is rarely acknowledged that they are likely to be wiser too. A majority of the oldies on here and in the UK think the consequences of staying in the EU will be far worse than leaving and are well aware that these consequences will not affect them as much as the kids that they care more about than themselves. 

I'm not sure on what basis that is the truth.

Older and wiser is not a guarantee and your broad assumptions about what lay behind the decisions of millions of people is just that, broad assumption.

4 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Older and wiser is not a guarantee and your broad assumptions about what lay behind the decisions of millions of people is just that, broad assumption.

I once said to a lad that as you get older you get smarter.  I didn't actually mean him in particular, it was a general reference to all of us.  But he took it as some sort of slight, so I capitulated with "you're right, there is no guarantee you'll be any smarter later in life."  He was quite pleased with himself that he won the argument.

43 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Nott a guarantee but an assumption that is broadly accepted - experience counts for a lot in life. 

44 minutes ago, nauseus said:

"I'm doing it for my grandchildren" ... one of the biggest of the Brexit lies. 

Most of the honest one's when interviewed in the street explained very clearly that they were doing it because of immigration ... one old bloke saying he's voting to "get rid of them immigrants" ... and he was one of many. For most of them that's the real truth. Another truth is that they don't believe that they'll suffer much in any fall out, with pensions and no jobs to lose should it all go wrong. The older and smarter myth is another piece of nonsense ... if you have a simpleton view of the world, old age doesn't improve the situation. 

Doing it for the kids? Give me a break.

10 minutes ago, nauseus said:

He's back at it.

It's an established fact that most (although not all) Brexit supporters were in the low levels of attainment, education wise. The smart one's were just using them as their "useful idiots". Hedge fund owners like Rees Mogg who want to avoid EU clampdowns on tax havens, and more sinister types like Banks who met regularly with former Russian FSB agents, to discuss "business deals" in Russia? 

3 minutes ago, AlexRich said:

Most of the honest one's when interviewed in the street explained very clearly that they were doing it because of immigration ... one old bloke saying he's voting to "get rid of them immigrants" ... and he was one of many. For most of them that's the real truth. Another truth is that they don't believe that they'll suffer much in any fall out, with pensions and no jobs to lose should it all go wrong. The older and smarter myth is another piece of nonsense ... if you have a simpleton view of the world, old age doesn't improve the situation. 

And again ...simpleton view. The next slur of many.

To discount age and the experience of long life that goes with it, an asset, is ridiculous

Of course they are thinking of their kids. They will certainly know they haven't got much time left and that this is almost certainly their one and only chance to make a difference for the future. 

5 hours ago, simple1 said:

To repeat CH is correct in requesting links for fact check purposes. It is blindingly obvious the right of centre advocates are using Orwellian propaganda methods.

The only thing blindingly obvious is the use of a 'Far Right' paintbrush in order to force an agenda.

It isn't working; furthermore by Monday it will become obvious just how badly it has failed thanks to the 'Recruiting Sergeants' that still believe otherwise ????

Related image

4 minutes ago, AlexRich said:

It's an established fact that most (although not all) Brexit supporters were in the low levels of attainment, education wise. The smart one's were just using them as their "useful idiots". Hedge fund owners like Rees Mogg who want to avoid EU clampdowns on tax havens, and more sinister types like Banks who met regularly with former Russian FSB agents, to discuss "business deals" in Russia? 

Established fact? Rubbish. You are consumed by your own conspiracy theories. 

15 hours ago, AlexRich said:

But underlying that is a bunch of shady figures with links to countries that are looking to disrupt the west, in particular Russia. With all of these disruptive parties across Europe (and the US) you see Russian connections and influences. The electoral commission believe that Aaron Banks £8m donation came from soviet intelligence.

Bravo.

bannon1.jpg.a5f8ac5eab93114e1a0d284ff2ebb315.jpg

Steve Bannon.  He may look like a lush who sleeps in a back alley but he is a rich man.  His fetish is the spread of fascism, and since getting ejected from DT's White House he's been busy on the other side of the pond.  Watch out for this guy. 

21 minutes ago, nauseus said:

Nott a guarantee but an assumption that is broadly accepted - experience counts for a lot in life. 

Fair enough, but in the case of Brexit it is so multi layered and complex process, without precedent, what prior experience is relevant for a member of the general public. So far as I'm concerned haven't read or heard anything that empirically demonstrates Brexit is for the betterment of the UK.

26 minutes ago, simple1 said:

Fair enough, but in the case of Brexit it is so multi layered and complex process, without precedent, what prior experience is relevant for a member of the general public. So far as I'm concerned haven't read or heard anything that empirically demonstrates Brexit is for the betterment of the UK.

Anything is better than being under the 'Python-Foot' of that lot.

image.jpeg.c7de30d2479219aeb7eaa81687a32f26.jpeg

BTW: A letter in the Telegraph this week indicated that our Armed Forces automatically fall within their control if we hang about too much longer.

14 hours ago, AlexRich said:

No, it isn't. There are plenty remainers who would prefer to set their own rules on who comes into the country ... but accept freedom of movement ... because being in the EU gives greater benefits. Being in the EU is a trade-off ... if you are for it you believe the things you get are worth more than the things you give up. If you are against it's the opposite. It's not good or bad, it is not a moral argument. 

What hasn't dawned on Brexiteers is that a trade deal with the US will involve similar trade offs, as indeed does operating on WTO rules. If you set your tariffs at zero, you do so for every country.

"There are plenty remainers who would prefer to set their own rules on who comes into the country ... but accept freedom of movement"

??? Not sure how this works, but perhaps you are thinking of posters like grouse who hate all moslems?

15 hours ago, malagateddy said:

Please supply links to back up what you say re electoral commission..aaron banks..soviet intelligence

I always laugh when I read people blaming electoral results (that they don't like) on Russia ????.

It takes a blind belief in 'our' politicians (that they support) to believe this kind of tripe!

1 hour ago, AlexRich said:

Are you making things up again , whilst accusing others of lying again ?

1 hour ago, Chomper Higgot said:

I'm inclined to partly agree.

But bear in mind that the 'youngsters' have absolutely no experience of life, or knowledge of how things worked pre eu.

You can pretty much guarantee that many of them are still worried about how leaving the eu will affect their holidays ☹️.

Archived