All shook up: Brexit Party's Nigel Farage doused with milkshake on campaign

webfact

4 hours ago, 7by7 said:

Meanwhile, the bookies have the Conservatives as favourites to win the most seats at the next general election. Most having them at 6/5 or better. Labour are second, with odds also around 6/5 and 'Any other party' are third. The Brexit party are fourth at 6/1 up. (Source)

Seems the polls have changed again putting the Brexit Party top. That would be a really interesting coalition would it not, the Tories having to join the Brexit Party, but a week is a long time in politics, lets not count our chickens, but just keep our fingers crossed.Screenshot_2019-06-02-08-32-08-775.thumb.jpeg.ae50843ea55c86b15c4b8157182eae10.jpeg

• Replies 618
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My previous remarks concerning the results of the European parliament elections in the UK, repeated above as despite your previously quoting them you now seem to have conveniently forgotten them, show that I do, in fact, accept them as legit. Despite your attempts to claim otherwise.

The UK results of the European Parliament elections show that here in the UK support for Brexit is reducing; as it has been ever since the lies and fool's paradise promises of the Leave campaign were first exposed!
Not according to my friends back in the UK!!!

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

16 hours ago, 7by7 said:

The UK results of the European Parliament elections show that here in the UK support for Brexit is reducing; as it has been ever since the lies and fool's paradise promises of the Leave campaign were first exposed!

That has always, and probably is still the case in London. But not in England. And Wales.

12 hours ago, BritManToo said:
14 hours ago, 7by7 said:

You are directing your correction at the wrong person; it was not I who compared the 2017 General election to the referendum!

No point in reading your posts, another on the ignore list.

Make a mistake then place the person who corrected you on your ignore list rather than admit an error! 

Still, ignoring everyone who points out your errors or disagrees with you will doubtless give you an immense onanistic feeling of being right all the time!

10 hours ago, vogie said:

Seems the polls have changed again putting the Brexit Party top. That would be a really interesting coalition would it not, the Tories having to join the Brexit Party, but a week is a long time in politics, lets not count our chickens, but just keep our fingers crossed.

As you Brexiteers are so fond of pointing out when the polls show increasing support for Remain, they are not to be trusted. It all depends on the questions and who was asked.

The only poll which will count is the next general election. 

But I agree, let's keep our fingers crossed that the self aggrandising, self serving, self publicist Farage, who usually turns up at Strasburg just to submit his expenses claim, is given the metaphorical bloody nose he deserves at that general election.

10 hours ago, malagateddy said:
22 hours ago, 7by7 said:

Not according to my friends back in the UK!!!

As someone who actually lives here in the UK I can categorically state that your friends may tell you one thing, but the majority disagree with them.

As these results show. The only party 100% wholeheartedly committed to Brexit could only muster 31% of the vote. OK, they're the largest party, but a dramatic fall from the 51% who voted leave at the referendum.

6 hours ago, Thairealist said:
22 hours ago, 7by7 said:

That has always, and probably is still the case in London. But not in England. And Wales.

Wrong; take a look at the results.

3 minutes ago, 7by7 said:

As these results show. The only party 100% wholeheartedly committed to Brexit could only muster 31% of the vote. OK, they're the largest party, but a dramatic fall from the 51% who voted leave at the referendum.

Yes, but the referendum was a two horse race , The E.U elections were a 12 horse race .

You could equally say that the ONLY party who were solely committed to Remain , the Change party , got a very small percentage of the vote  

3 hours ago, evadgib said:

I have no idea whether this has already been posted but it appears the Mogg has become the latest victim of lynch mob drink launchers who claim he's the fascist!: 

Watch someone appear to pour some water from a bottle onto the windscreen of his chauffeur driven limo, you mean.

Not to be condoned, but hardly

3 hours ago, evadgib said:

lynch mob drink launchers

Did you post condemnation of the Brexit supporter who threw an egg at Corbyn?

How about the Brexit supporters who blocked the path of several Remain MPs while shouting abuse right into their faces at both Farage's and Yaxley-Lennon's Brexit rallies in March; did you post condemnation of them?

Somehow I doubt it; but await the link to you posts which prove me wrong.

2 minutes ago, 7by7 said:

Watch someone appear to pour some water from a bottle onto the windscreen of his chauffeur driven limo, you mean.

Not to be condoned, but hardly

Did you post condemnation of the Brexit supporter who threw an egg at Corbyn?

How about the Brexit supporters who blocked the path of several Remain MPs while shouting abuse right into their faces at both Farage's and Yaxley-Lennon's Brexit rallies in March; did you post condemnation of them?

Somehow I doubt it; but await the link to you posts which prove me wrong.

I dont know about the poster that you are talking too , but I disagree with all assaults .

To me , it doesnt matter who the victim is and it doesnt matter who the perpetrator is , its an unacceptable thing to do .

4 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Yes, but the referendum was a two horse race , The E.U elections were a 12 horse race .

You could equally say that the ONLY party who were solely committed to Remain , the Change party , got a very small percentage of the vote  

Except Change were not the only party 100% wholeheartedly committed to Remain.

You are (deliberately?) forgetting the Lib Dems, Greens, Plaid Cymru, Sinn Fein; all committed to Remain.

Then there's Labour whose official position changed during the campaign from leave with a customs union to holding a second referendum.

The day after the results, the Jeremy Vine programme had Farage and a Lib Dem MEP (sorry, I've forgotten her name) commenting on the results.

Farage claimed well over 50% voted for parties supporting Brexit, the Lib Dem MEP claimed well over 50% voted for parties supporting Remain.

Then a political analyst (sorry, I've forgotten his name as well) came on and said that you could legitimately adopt either position; it all depended really how you counted the votes for Labour. Did voting for a party promising a second referendum mean you supported Leave or Remain?

Just now, 7by7 said:

Except Change were not the only party 100% wholeheartedly committed to Remain.

You are (deliberately?) forgetting the Lib Dems, Greens, Plaid Cymru, Sinn Fein; all committed to Remain.

Then there's Labour whose official position changed during the campaign from leave with a customs union to holding a second referendum.

The day after the results, the Jeremy Vine programme had Farage and a Lib Dem MEP (sorry, I've forgotten her name) commenting on the results.

Farage claimed well over 50% voted for parties supporting Brexit, the Lib Dem MEP claimed well over 50% voted for parties supporting Remain.

Then a political analyst (sorry, I've forgotten his name as well) came on and said that you could legitimately adopt either position; it all depended really how you counted the votes for Labour. Did voting for a party promising a second referendum mean you supported Leave or Remain?

I did say "solely" committed to Remain .

Voters may have voter for the other parties for other reasons .

Not everything is about Leave or Remain , there are other issues going on in the World

2 minutes ago, sanemax said:

I dont know about the poster that you are talking too , but I disagree with all assaults .

To me , it doesnt matter who the victim is and it doesnt matter who the perpetrator is , its an unacceptable thing to do .

The person I am talking to is obvious as I quoted him!

You, sanemax, quoted me in your post, but am I to assume you are actually addressing someone else!?

But I agree, and said so several pages back and again in the post of mine you quoted above

17 minutes ago, 7by7 said:

Not to be condoned,

Whether it's a milkshake being thrown at Farage, bottled water poured on Rees-Mogg's car, eggs thrown at Corbyn or violent verbal abuse in the face of anyone, MP or not.

Just now, 7by7 said:

You, sanemax, quoted me in your post, but am I to assume you are actually addressing someone else!?

Yes, you specifically asked another poster a question and as this is a public forum, I answered that question , acknowledging that you were speaking to someone else .

If you want a one to one private discussion , you can use the PM function . if not, whatever you post in public can be replied to by anyone 

2 minutes ago, sanemax said:

I did say "solely" committed to Remain .

Voters may have voter for the other parties for other reasons .

Not everything is about Leave or Remain , there are other issues going on in the World

So you are using the Farage method of 'proving' an overwhelming win for Brexit supporters.

Can't say I'm surprised

BTW, Change did campaign on other issues apart from Brexit. But like all parties, the main thrust of their campaign was their position on Brexit.

But I suppose one had to be here in the UK and see the news, the election broadcasts from the parties and read the leaflets placed through one's letter box to know that.

Just now, sanemax said:

Yes, you specifically asked another poster a question and as this is a public forum, I answered that question , acknowledging that you were speaking to someone else .

If you want a one to one private discussion , you can use the PM function . if not, whatever you post in public can be replied to by anyone 

Where did I say that you could not respond to my post! 

What i said was 

6 minutes ago, 7by7 said:

You are, yet again, twisting my words but only making a fool of yourself.

You can have the last word, I'm off as Sunday lunch (yes, it's still lunch time here in the UK) is calling.

9 minutes ago, 7by7 said:

You seemed to have misunderstood , I didnt mean that I do not know the poster that you are replying to, what I meant was that I dont  know about that persons opinion .

*I dont know about what he thinks ,  but I think blah blah  blah * sort of thing 

10 hours ago, evadgib said:

I have no idea whether this has already been posted but it appears the Mogg has become the latest victim of lynch mob drink launchers who claim he's the fascist!: 

jo cox would of loved that treatment,or even a milkshake

On 5/22/2019 at 9:03 AM, MRToMRT said:

If the speculation is true that his personnal funding comes from an insurance magante AND Farage is on record that the NHS should become an insurance based system (I have actually seen this clip on YouTube) then he deserves everything he gets. 

"Johnson stoked opposition on Sunday after suggesting the UK would need to allow US agricultural products, including chlorinated chicken, on to the UK market as part of any post-Brexit trade deal, as well as US private sector involvement in the NHS."

Johnson in bed with Farage?

14 hours ago, 7by7 said:

As someone who actually lives here in the UK I can categorically state that your friends may tell you one thing, but the majority disagree with them.

So now YOU know what folks UK chums are actually thinking......:crazy:

1 hour ago, MRToMRT said:

"Johnson stoked opposition on Sunday after suggesting the UK would need to allow US agricultural products, including chlorinated chicken, on to the UK market as part of any post-Brexit trade deal, as well as US private sector involvement in the NHS."

Johnson in bed with Farage?

You got the wrong Johnson if you mean Boris. 

2 hours ago, MRToMRT said:

You are right I did not read the article well enough before jumpring to a conclusion.

Apologies.

Full marks to you,for at least admitting a mistake. Unfortunately on these threads a number of remain poster do make personal attacks on Brexit supporting politicians,  knowing full well, there is no substance to their words. They work on the principle of throwing plenty of mud at someone,hoping that some may stick.

On 5/25/2019 at 10:36 PM, Basil B said:

Would not have needed to be bailed out had it not been for the mess that Brexit has caused.

As for trade deals, most countries want to sell us their steel and the ones that want to buy can only pay with Toytown IOU's.

How far back did you research British Steel, if indeed you did any research?

Most of it was long before Brexit.

Try looking here or other places on Google.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_Steel_Limited

During the 2010s, a combination of reduced demand for steel in Europe (see Financial crisis of 2007–08 and Great Recession) and high company indebtedness saw the Tata Group begin a sales process for the long products division of Tata Steel Europe to the Klesch Group.[2] In 2014 the long products division employed approximately 6,500 workers and was operating with 2.8 million tonne p.a. capacity. The division included primary production at Scunthorpe steelworks, mills in Teesside (Teesside beam mill, Skinningrove and Darlington special profiles), France (Hayange rail mill) and Scotland (Dalzell and Clydebridge), along with other assets, now sold Immingham Bulk Terminal.[3] In late 2014 estimates for the value of the property was approximately $1.4 billion.[4] Talks during August 2015 on the acquisition ended unsuccessfully, with Klesch citing energy prices and (dumping of) Chinese steel imports as factors against the sale.[5][6] The Scottish facilities were mothballed in late 2015, and then sold to Liberty House Group in 2016.[7][8].

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_Steel

Companies

British Steel Corporation (BSC), formed in 1967 through the nationalisation of UK steel companies

British Steel plc, formed 1988 through the privatisation of British Steel Corporation

British Steel Limited, formed 2016 from the sale of the long products division of Tata Steel Europe (former British Steel plc business) to Greybull Capital.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iron_and_Steel_Corporation_of_Great_Britain

The Iron and Steel Corporation of Great Britain was a nationalised industry, set up in 1949 by Clement Attlee's Labour government.

The Iron & Steel Act 1949 took effect on 15 February 1951, the Corporation becoming the sole shareholder of 80 of the principal iron and steel companies (reduced from the 107 proposed in the first draft of the Bill). The model differed from previous nationalisations in that it was the share capital of the companies that was acquired, not their undertakings. The reason was that companies in the iron & steel industry had wide-ranging ancillary activities, from which the core business of iron & steel making could not easily be extracted. Firms whose chief activity consisted in the manufacture of motor vehicles were specifically excluded from the scheme. Companies not qualifying for acquisition were to require a licence if producing more than 5,000 tons of ore or other products. Some 2,000 iron & steel companies remained in business outside the nationalised sector.

3 hours ago, transam said:
12 hours ago, 7by7 said:

Where did I say that?

Certainly not in the post you quoted!

Read post #591.......But I reckon you will twist it around as usual....????

Post 591:

On ‎6‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 3:48 AM, transam said:
On ‎6‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 1:24 PM, 7by7 said:

So now YOU know what folks UK chums are actually thinking......:crazy:

So where in my post do I claim to know what "folks (sic) UK chums are actually thinking?"

5 minutes ago, transam said:

You obviously can't understand your own writings....????

It is your understanding of English which is at fault.

I did not say I knew what the poster's friends were thinking, he did. I said that if that is what they were thinking then the majority here in the UK disagreed with them.

If that is still too difficult for you to understand, find a friend who can explain it in words of one syllable for you.

Archived