All shook up: Brexit Party's Nigel Farage doused with milkshake on campaign

webfact

6 hours ago, malagateddy said:

That will include the grandchildren of friends of mine over in Glasgow, who along with many other British people..signed up with the Brexit Party and donated their respective 25 quids.

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

1 hour ago, AlexRich said:

It's no surprise to me ... low IQ is in the DNA.

Thank you for making the remainer attitude so clear.....

You used to be a decent remain poster pre the brexit result (IIRC).  Has someone taken over your account?

• Replies 618
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

You used to be a decent remain poster pre the brexit result (IIRC).  Has someone taken over your account?

That 'Far Right' paintbrush is a bit like King Arthur's sword; It only works when they're wielding it!

1 hour ago, simple1 said:

Fair enough, but in the case of Brexit it is so multi layered and complex process, without precedent, what prior experience is relevant for a member of the general public. So far as I'm concerned haven't read or heard anything that empirically demonstrates Brexit is for the betterment of the UK.

Well that is your opinion, which is your privilege to hold.

The oldies have experienced the mutation of the Common market (EEC), by implication a purely Economic arrangement, into the political sinkhole that it is now. They can see that hole getting deeper and they don't trust it. They would never have voted for today's (EU) in 1975 and if the truth had been known then, these Brexit forums would not exist.     

24 minutes ago, nauseus said:

Well that is your opinion, which is your privilege to hold.

The oldies have experienced the mutation of the Common market (EEC), by implication a purely Economic arrangement, into the political sinkhole that it is now. They can see that hole getting deeper and they don't trust it. They would never have voted for today's (EU) in 1975 and if the truth had been known then, these Brexit forums would not exist.     

Just been doing some additional research & came across the following...

The question of sovereignty was discussed in an internal document of the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO 30/1048) before the European Communities Act 1972, but was not available to the public until January 2002 under the thirty-year rule. Among "Areas of policy" listed "in which parliamentary freedom to legislate will be affected by entry into the European Communities" were: Customs duties, agriculture, free movement of labour, services and capital, transport, and social security for migrant workers. The document concluded (paragraph 26) that it was advisable to put the considerations of influence and power before those of formal sovereignty.[22

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1975_United_Kingdom_European_Communities_membership_referendum

16 hours ago, malagateddy said:

Please supply links to back up what you say re electoral commission..aaron banks..soviet intelligence

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Has the inquiry below finalised and announced the outcome?

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-11-02/brexit-donor-arron-banks-referred-to-national-crime-agency/10459784

https://theconversation.com/arron-banks-investigated-over-8m-given-to-the-brexit-campaign-what-can-this-even-buy-you-106391

12 minutes ago, simple1 said:

The question of sovereignty was discussed in an internal document of the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO 30/1048) before the European Communities Act 1972, but was not available to the public until January 2002 under the thirty-year rule. Among "Areas of policy" listed "in which parliamentary freedom to legislate will be affected by entry into the European Communities" were: Customs duties, agriculture, free movement of labour, services and capital, transport, and social security for migrant workers. The document concluded (paragraph 26) that it was advisable to put the considerations of influence and power before those of formal sovereignty.[22

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1975_United_Kingdom_European_Communities_membership_referendum

I'm not sure what you are trying to say when referencing a 1975 document.

Today's European Union was not formed until 1993 following the Maastricht Treaty then modified in 2009 under the Lisbon Treaty. 

21 minutes ago, aright said:

I'm not sure what you are trying to say when referencing a 1975 document.

Today's European Union was not formed until 1993 following the Maastricht Treaty then modified in 2009 under the Lisbon Treaty. 

Was the issue in the last paragraph resolved? Since you mention the Lisbon Treaty...

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/mar/04/anti-eu-brexit-fake-news

39 minutes ago, simple1 said:

Yes, this is an example of the secretive and deceptive behaviour by Heath and some of his successors.

2 hours ago, nauseus said:

Established fact? Rubbish. You are consumed by your own conspiracy theories. 

And you and the likes of Teddy are in denial. Teddy seems to think that if he can find a few young Brexiteers that the facts are somehow disproved? 

It is a fact that a huge majority of young people, especially under 30, support remaining in the EU. The opposite applies to those in their late 50's and above, the older the more likely to support Brexit. 

It's also true that the educational attainment of Brexit voters is lower than those that support remain. If you find a Cambridge professor that loves Brexit that does not disprove the point.

Face the facts, stop being in denial about them.

7 minutes ago, simple1 said:

Was the issue in the last paragraph resolved? Since you mention the Lisbon Treaty...

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/mar/04/anti-eu-brexit-fake-news

Why do you want to change the subject? Why not just answer my post.

"I'm not sure what you are trying to say when referencing a 1975 document.

Today's European Union was not formed until 1993 following the Maastricht Treaty then modified in 2009 under the Lisbon Treaty." 

3 minutes ago, AlexRich said:

And you and the likes of Teddy are in denial. Teddy seems to think that if he can find a few young Brexiteers that the facts are somehow disproved? 

It is a fact that a huge majority of young people, especially under 30, support remaining in the EU. The opposite applies to those in their late 50's and above, the older the more likely to support Brexit. 

It's also true that the educational attainment of Brexit voters is lower than those that support remain. If you find a Cambridge professor that loves Brexit that does not disprove the point.

18 or 88 your vote still carries the same weight.

MENSA or Millwall supporter (sorry chaps) your vote still carries the same weight.

And more people voted to leave than remain.

Those are the significant facts.

11 minutes ago, JAG said:

18 or 88 your vote still carries the same weight.

MENSA or Millwall supporter (sorry chaps) your vote still carries the same weight.

And more people voted to leave than remain.

Those are the significant facts.

We’ll soon find out if that applies in 2019, as I suspect the only outcome other than a GE will be another vote.

43 minutes ago, AlexRich said:

As far as UK tertiary education facts go, there were far less university places in existence per head of population when the majority of Oldies were of university age. Blair's relatively instant and ridiculous "upgrade" of polytechnics to "university" status has made access to degree courses far easier for the youngsters.

That many OAPs do not have a university education does not make them any less smart than their descendants: it means they had less opportunity. 

1 hour ago, dick dasterdly said:

The reason why my comments get the reaction they get is because they hit a nerve ... too many people in denial about their loathing of immigration and that they voted for something that will adversely impact others, but not them. If Brexit hit old people in the pocket they would not have voted for it. But they don’t have jobs or businesses to lose ... nor will they have to pick up the pieces of the economic mess it will create ... that’s for others to deal with. 

But it rather than acknowledge that they claim to have done it for sovereignty and their grandchildren. 

36 minutes ago, nauseus said:

As far as UK tertiary education facts go, there were far less university places in existence per head of population when the majority of Oldies were of university age. Blair's relatively instant and ridiculous "upgrade" of polytechnics to "university" status has made access to degree courses far easier for the youngsters.

That many OAPs do not have a university education does not make them any less smart than their descendants: it means they had less opportunity.

Shame on you for suggesting 25 year olds  with degrees in Culinary Arts or Fashion Design wouldn't make good judges.

2 hours ago, dick dasterdly said:

I always laugh when I read people blaming electoral results (that they don't like) on Russia ????.

It takes a blind belief in 'our' politicians (that they support) to believe this kind of tripe!

So you don’t believe that Russia interfered in Ukraine politics, or US elections? Or in many other parts of the world, including the UK during the referendum? Lol.

1 hour ago, aright said:

<SNIP> Why not just answer my post.

"I'm not sure what you are trying to say when referencing a 1975 document.

Today's European Union was not formed until 1993 following the Maastricht Treaty then modified in 2009 under the Lisbon Treaty." 

I did so, but for your convenience I'll repeat...."Was the issue in the last paragraph resolved?"

1 hour ago, AlexRich said:

So you don’t believe that Russia interfered in Ukraine politics, or US elections? Or in many other parts of the world, including the UK during the referendum? .

<deleted post>

On ‎5‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 10:34 AM, nontabury said:

Living in the U.K. I get to watch many political programmes, too many my wife says. Yet for some unexplainable reason, I have not seen, or even any reference to these and other similar riots. I wonder why.

There can only be one answer; it's because you choose to not watch or read the media which reports them; that is all the media!

26 minutes ago, simple1 said:

I did so, but for your convenience I'll repeat...."Was the issue in the last paragraph resolved?"

No you didn't ; Answering a question with a question resolves nothing.

"I'm not sure what you are trying to say when referencing a 1975 document."

I will explain it in simpler terms …….

What has a document  published about the EEC in 1975 got to do with today's EU? 

I am not looking for an argument just an explanation.

On ‎5‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 5:14 PM, OtinPattaya said:

Just another demonstration of the infantile mentality of the leftist social justice warrior, a creature that's completely incapable of making an actual argument, so instead it throws a tantrum. I am very curious to see what becomes of these demonstrations once the Right starts fighting back for real. It's not going to be pretty. 

You should look at the whole picture without your altRight filter!

Left winger throws milkshake at Farage.

Right winger murders Jo Cox by shooting and stabbing her multiple times.

5 minutes ago, 7by7 said:

You should look at the whole picture without your altRight filter!

Left winger throws milkshake at Farage.

Right winger murders Jo Cox by shooting and stabbing her multiple times.

<deleted post>

15 minutes ago, aright said:

No you didn't ; Answering a question with a question resolves nothing.

"I'm not sure what you are trying to say when referencing a 1975 document."

I will explain it in simpler terms …….

Don't know why you're struggling to comprehend. Another member easily understood. i.e. the actual policy objectives were held in secret. Was the particular issue later made transparent by HMG or not.

4 minutes ago, simple1 said:

Don't know why you're struggling to comprehend. Another member easily understood. i.e. the actual policy objectives were held in secret. Was the particular issue later made transparent by HMG or not.

What policy objectives? This is the first time you have mentioned them. I don't understand why you are finding it difficult to understand and address the question directly. The question hasn't changed. Don't obfuscate, concentrate.

5 minutes ago, aright said:

What policy objectives? This is the first time you have mentioned them. I don't understand why you are finding it difficult to understand and address the question directly. The question hasn't changed. Don't obfuscate, concentrate.

<deleted> re-read the doco quote I posted.

2 minutes ago, aright said:

You don't have an answer then. Why didn't you say that in the first place. It saves time.

I can't answer your baiting comment as I wish as I'll get banned; so... 

Below I have re-posted my doco quote & highlighted the observation that would be concerning for Remainers / Leavers. One last time, was the issue subsequently addressed by HMG? (it occurs to me to be a crucial policy matter in the Brexit debate).

Despite certain Brexiteers attempts to prove that only 'left wing remoaners' throw things at politicians, the truth is somewhat different.

As Egg on your face – politicians under attack shows, this form of protest has been going on for decades, with both left and right wing politicians being the target.

Whilst I don't condone such activity, whoever the target is, surely it is better to be egged or milkshaken than murdered?

All serving British MPs who have been murdered in office in the last 100 years, apart from Jo Cox, were Tories or Ulster Unionists murdered by the IRA, INLA or PIRA. (Source)

Jo Cox was a Labour MP murdered by the ultra right wing, white supremacist supporter Thomas Mair.

How anyone can place Farage or any other politician who has had eggs or a milkshake thrown at them in the same category as these victims, and the other victims of terrorism whether killed or injured, is beyond me.

Archived