British PM May resigns, paving way for Brexit confrontation with EU

Jonathan Fairfield

17 minutes ago, AlexRich said:

All of the hassle free and unrestricted access you have had to 27 EU countries for the productive part of your life will soon be denied the young people of the UK, thanks to your vote. The right to live, work and study ... having that option is a big plus for people, particularly those that would like to retire to Spain, France, etc. It’s not about “holidays” ... it goes much deeper than that.

Spain have already stated that UK retirees will still be able to live in Spain and that nothing will change in that respect and it remains to be seen what will happen with other Countries .

Maybe Brits wont be able to go to France to pick grapes in the summer , but on the other hand , there will not be millions , literally , no exaggeration , millions of Europeans coming to live and work in the UK and it will give them better opportunities to work in the UK .

UK Companies will no longer be able to exploit Eastern Europeans by paying them minimum wage 

• Replies 514
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, AlexRich said:

Of course you do, but under much more restrictions than currently. It’s not equivalent. It won’t be as easy to just go to a country and settle there, and access facilities like healthcare. 

Never said it would be the same.

I am not against it being a bit different.

You don’t believe it will hit your pocket, but you don’t care a jot if it hits others ... 

You will get zero benefit from Brexit, other than a temporary psychological kick, like the joy of Celtic winning the treble, but that soon fades. The very real costs will be paid by others.

Please give me a full itenery of all the real costs that will be paid by others.

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

5 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Spain have already stated that UK retirees will still be able to live in Spain and that nothing will change in that respect and it remains to be seen what will happen with other Countries .

Maybe Brits wont be able to go to France to pick grapes in the summer , but on the other hand , there will not be millions , literally , no exaggeration , millions of Europeans coming to live and work in the UK and it will give them better opportunities to work in the UK .

UK Companies will no longer be able to exploit Eastern Europeans by paying them minimum wage 

It warms my heart that you voted Brexit because you care about the plight of Eastern European’s? Pull the other one Max. The ones that come here mostly work in jobs that people in the UK don’t want to do anymore, don’t want to do at any price. They pay tax and spend some money here but earn far more than they would in their home countries ... a win win for the UK and for them. No one in the UK wants to work in the fields, so they won’t be doing it, the business will just go to other countries. If people come here and contribute they are welcome.

4 minutes ago, malagateddy said:

Please give me a full itenery of all the real costs that will be paid by others.

Just start with the businesses that will fail, and the jobs that will be lost, and the price increases as a result of a trashed currency ... bear in mind we have not left the EU yet, and to do so on a no deal basis would be economically tragic. But you don’t have a job to lose, do you Teddy? 

Visa free 90 days or 3 months access to E.U. is already agreed for U.K. citizens  by E.U. same as staying/living present settlement country is, only restriction is that for  a change of country inside E.U. must apply a new . 

Just now, AlexRich said:

It warms my heart that you voted Brexit because you care about the plight of Eastern European’s? Pull the other one Max. 

This is where I get confused  , where have I suggested in my post that I either care or uncare about Eastern Europeans ?

You are suggesting that I am being deceptive about caring for Eastern Europeans .

My point wasnt that companies will no longer be able to exploit them , (as in I'm primarily am concerned about that) , my point was that companies will now have to pay workers a decent wage .

I would like to see a cut in benefits and a rise in wages , giving people an opportunity and incentive (and being forced) to work

Just start with the businesses that will fail, and the jobs that will be lost, and the price increases as a result of a trashed currency ... bear in mind we have not left the EU yet, and to do so on a no deal basis would be economically tragic. But you don’t have a job to lose, do you Teddy? 

I do not have a job to lose..correct.
Now please name the businesses that would fail with job losses etc etc
I note that Mks and Spks are closing 120 stores throught the UK..but NOTHING to do with Brexit.

8 minutes ago, AlexRich said:

The ones that come here mostly work in jobs that people in the UK don’t want to do anymore, don’t want to do at any price. They pay tax and spend some money here but earn far more than they would in their home countries ... a win win for the UK and for them. No one in the UK wants to work in the fields, so they won’t be doing it, the business will just go to other countries. If people come here and contribute they are welcome.

Then you have the Eastern European construction firms getting contracts in the UK to build buildings and they only employ Eastern Europeans who speak Polish .

The jobs are advertised in Poland , so , if I want to work there , I have to learn Polish , go to Poland , buy a newspaper and apply for a job......................in the UK..............which is paying well below the local going rate  

41 minutes ago, malagateddy said:

I note that Mks and Spks are closing 120 stores throught the UK..but NOTHING to do with Brexit.

It’s always amazed me how gullible many remainers are. They’ve accepted all the lies that they’ve been fed, It’s no wonder their puppet masters have spouted out so many scare stories.

Airbus now wants to remain in UK regardless of Brexit outcome

By  Jorge Valero |  EURACTIV.com

22 May 2019

2 minutes ago, Thairealist said:

It’s always amazed me how gullible many remainers are. They’ve accepted all the lies that they’ve been fed, It’s no wonder their puppet masters have spouted out so many scare stories.

Airbus now wants to remain in UK regardless of Brexit outcome

By  Jorge Valero |  EURACTIV.com

22 May 2019

Cheers wings!

1 hour ago, malagateddy said:

Honda for starters, whatever they claim ... they would never invest in a UK outside of the EU market. Nissan will be next, new models switching elsewhere means job losses. A no deal Brexit would destroy car manufacturing in the UK ... so take your pick on job losses, not just the factories but all of the little companies that supply them and all the others that serve their workers on the high street. Take also Northern Irish farmers, they’ve already stated some agriculture would be wiped out by no deal, same goes for farmers up and down the country. The reduced level of investment by foreign sources will impact many in the future. How long will Airbus manufacture in the UK with a no deal exit? It’s only a matter of time before they go too. And when the big companies move out the ripples effect all the satellites that surround them.

Not to worry Teddy, it won’t be you.

1 hour ago, sanemax said:

Then you have the Eastern European construction firms getting contracts in the UK to build buildings and they only employ Eastern Europeans who speak Polish .

The jobs are advertised in Poland , so , if I want to work there , I have to learn Polish , go to Poland , buy a newspaper and apply for a job......................in the UK..............which is paying well below the local going rate  

Can you name one building built this way Max? I don’t mean a new bedroom extension.

13 minutes ago, AlexRich said:

Can you name one building built this way Max? I don’t mean a new bedroom extension.

Yes, I can name a few , but I do not recall all the exact locations .

I can name one though , as its a remember-able place

The apartment blocks built on the old Wimbledon F.C football ground in Plough lane .

As a Bricky myself , I applied for a job there on-site 

2 hours ago, evadgib said:

Farage points the way:

Completely deluded about opening negotiations Nigel..., it is just repeated in Brussels …"no re opening A50" ,you can ultimate to your mirror it means :whistling:

But of course you can have the no deal as the final  default option , arrange that with your H.O.C. :tongue:

https://metro.co.uk/2019/05/28/eu-says-brexit-not-open-renegotiation-9715884/

EU says Brexit is not open for renegotiation Elisa MenendezTuesday 28 May 2019 5:10 pm

Read more: https://metro.co.uk/2019/05/28/eu-says-brexit-not-open-renegotiation-9715884/?ito=cbshare

Twitter: https://twitter.com/MetroUK | Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MetroUK/

The EU has ruled again that Theresa May’s Brexit deal will not be up for renegotiation.

At a summit in Brussels on Tuesday, outgoing EU Commission President Jean-Claude Juncker insisted that talks will not be re-opened. He told reporters on Tuesday: ‘I was crystal clear. There will be no renegotiation.’ Juncker’s comments will come as a major blow to Tory leadership candidates who had been hoping to renegotiate May’s deal if they were to be elected. 

SEI_69969072.jpg

1 hour ago, david555 said:

https://metro.co.uk/2019/05/28/eu-says-brexit-not-open-renegotiation-9715884/

EU says Brexit is not open for renegotiation Elisa MenendezTuesday 28 May 2019 5:10 pm

Read more: https://metro.co.uk/2019/05/28/eu-says-brexit-not-open-renegotiation-9715884/?ito=cbshare

Twitter: https://twitter.com/MetroUK | Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MetroUK/

The EU has ruled again that Theresa May’s Brexit deal will not be up for renegotiation.

At a summit in Brussels on Tuesday, outgoing EU Commission President Jean-Claude Juncker insisted that talks will not be re-opened. He told reporters on Tuesday: ‘I was crystal clear. There will be no renegotiation.’ Juncker’s comments will come as a major blow to Tory leadership candidates who had been hoping to renegotiate May’s deal if they were to be elected. 

SEI_69969072.jpg

They certainly intend to keep us prisoners, with the help of our own countrymen. Are they so arrogant to not understand, that we will always be a thorn in their side.

5 hours ago, david555 said:

Completely deluded about opening negotiations Nigel..., it is just repeated in Brussels …"no re opening A50" ,you can ultimate to your mirror it means :whistling:

But of course you can have the no deal as the final  default option , arrange that with your H.O.C. :tongue:

-No arranging is necessary as it happens by default on 31-Oct

-The 25 years that he's worked there taught him his way around.

38 minutes ago, Thairealist said:

They certainly intend to keep us prisoners, with the help of our own countrymen. Are they so arrogant to not understand, that we will always be a thorn in their side.

"a thorn in their side" ? , no doubt many Europeans now view the UK as a boil that needs to be lanced.

2 hours ago, david555 said:

He doesn't sound "crystal clear" to me.????????????

19 minutes ago, evadgib said:

-No arranging is necessary as it happens by default on 31-Oct

Not even the hardest Brexiteer PM would accept responsibility for a no-deal Brexit. Wishful thinking of people who never made it beyond a 9-to-5 job that someone in charge of a country would actually put his name under that suicide mission. It would need someone of the caliber of a Donald Dumb for that. Not even Farage would do it. He’s just smart enough to shout from the sidelines, knowing that his followers are uneducated fools who will believe the nonsense and fill his pockets. 

If anything, a hard Brexiteer PM would seek buy-in from a majority so he share the finger that would pointed at him. That majority does not exist. 

So, in the end, we will just hear the usual talking big that already May failed with, before it’s crawling back to the withdrawal agreement. 

Better still would be someone with the leadership skills to cut through the bullshyt and manage expectations. 

19 minutes ago, evadgib said:

-The 25 years that he's worked there taught him his way around.

“worked” ???? 

4 hours ago, Thairealist said:

Come on stop with that victim' role ????, get your courage together and convince the other half of Britain of that bright waiting future Singapore on the Teems …,just ask May where is the exit door ….she walked many times thru in in Brussels

BTW " that we will always be a thorn in their side."   I understand ..,and slowly more in the E.U. do , so there is light on that end of the tunnel , but of course you have to walk to that end , and not standing still immobilized like now ….up to the Brits ????

Anyway some good news coming from U.K.

2939.jpg

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/may/28/john-bercow-reveals-plans-stay-commons-speaker

(Short man , but great in his role , intelligent ,sharp at tong but with class.., complete opposite as the "brilliant stand up comedian Farage" (anyway in that role Nigel is the best "Blackadder performance" for modern times …):thumbsup:

Back to article ...

John Bercow defies Eurosceptics with vow to stay on as Speaker

Exclusive: move likely to anger hardliners who fear Bercow wants to stop no-deal Brexit

John Bercow has said he plans to stay in his post as Speaker of the House of Commons despite previous expectations he was about to leave, risking the fury of hardline Eurosceptics who believe he wants to thwart a no-deal Brexit.

The Speaker told the Guardian it was not “sensible to vacate the chair” while there were major issues before parliament. And, amid growing indications that frontrunners for the Conservative leadership are willing to depart the EU without a deal, he warned candidates not to try to force such an outcome without the permission of MPs.

Bercow had told friends he intended to stand down as Speaker this summer, possibly in July, after concluding 10 years in the post. But his remarks on Tuesday appear to confirm reports he was reconsidering after the UK did not leave the EU at the end of March.

….

4 hours ago, david555 said:

Anyway some good news coming from U.K.

2939.jpg

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/may/28/john-bercow-reveals-plans-stay-commons-speaker

(Short man , but great in his role , intelligent ,sharp at tong but with class.., complete opposite as the "brilliant stand up comedian Farage" (anyway in that role Nigel is the best "Blackadder performance" for modern times …):thumbsup:

Back to article ...

John Bercow defies Eurosceptics with vow to stay on as Speaker

Exclusive: move likely to anger hardliners who fear Bercow wants to stop no-deal Brexit

John Bercow has said he plans to stay in his post as Speaker of the House of Commons despite previous expectations he was about to leave, risking the fury of hardline Eurosceptics who believe he wants to thwart a no-deal Brexit.

The Speaker told the Guardian it was not “sensible to vacate the chair” while there were major issues before parliament. And, amid growing indications that frontrunners for the Conservative leadership are willing to depart the EU without a deal, he warned candidates not to try to force such an outcome without the permission of MPs.

Bercow had told friends he intended to stand down as Speaker this summer, possibly in July, after concluding 10 years in the post. But his remarks on Tuesday appear to confirm reports he was reconsidering after the UK did not leave the EU at the end of March.

….

Just goes to show how far Democracy has fallen in the U.K.

Archived