Friend got arrested and had to pay a fine of 5000 THB

55 minutes ago, atyclb said:

hate to say it but the time i spent in east berlin while it was under the soviet umbrella was relatively hassle free compared to todays thailand.

I was in communist China a couple of years back, they didn't care where I was or what I was doing.

White foreigners were completely ignored.

Cambodia and Vietnam aren't bothered either, they just want you to spend your $$$$$$s.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

No renters in BKK ever had to worry about TM30s for anything for years and years -- until all that changed in the past year. Now they need to worry.

The way IOs here do or don't enforce things can change in a minute, and without any public or official notice to anyone. Happens all the time.

Yeah I know mate, as one poster on here has stated 'the goal posts are on wheels' LOL Very appropriate ????

Maybe miscommunication or something. But I do what your friend did all the time and I am not worried about a fine in Bangkok. They don’t want you reporting to CW if you go to a hotel unless you change residences. Something is missing in this story. Not saying anyone is being untruthful but something is missing in the interpretation or facts. ????

Edited by Wake Up

I am renting a condo.  The owner is Thai. 

For the online registration to file TM-30 myself, do I put "apartment" for "type of accommodation"? 

How can I find the "house number" for my condo unit?  It is not on my rental agreement.

What do I put for "Position"?  "Renter" or "Possessor" are not among the options given.

Maybe miscommunication or something. But I do what your friend did all the time and I am not worried about a fine in Bangkok. They don’t want you reporting to CW if you go to a hotel unless you change residences. Something is missing in this story. Not saying anyone is being untruthful but something is missing in the interpretation or facts. [emoji2]
Have you asked them today?

In Thailand goal posts have wheels

• Like 1

1 hour ago, atyclb said:

hate to say it but the time i spent in east berlin while it was under the soviet umbrella was relatively hassle free compared to todays thailand.

Totally an overstatement and exaggeration unless you are trying to be funny.  

You went through checkpoint Charlie into West Germany and you entered a totally different world of happiness. Thailand is nothing like old East Germany. 

13 minutes ago, Wake Up said:
1 hour ago, atyclb said:

Totally an overstatement and exaggeration unless you are trying to be funny.  

You went through checkpoint Charlie into West Germany and you entered a totally different world of happiness. Thailand is nothing like old East Germany. 

not exaggerated or funny. as i recall the only detail was needing to change x amt of west currency upon entering. was just a tourist there and did not live there but it was easier than current day thailand.

10 minutes ago, atyclb said:

not exaggerated or funny. as i recall the only detail was needing to change x amt of west currency upon entering. was just a tourist there and did not live there but it was easier than current day thailand.

but if you were stationed there, you went through a russian checkpoint.  no need to exchange currency.  you'd do that with the polish guys in the west berlin markets at the actual exchange rate instead of 1:1 at the border.

17 minutes ago, Tomahawk21 said:

lived here 20 years, 10 years in the same house,  so if i go away on holiday 5 or 6 times a year and also have a few weekends in Bangkok do i have to report all this to the immigration ?

Yes, why all this time you don't know Thai bureaucracy, better to keep farangs under control, these people with white skin are very strange, maybe they can also change skin, imprinted retina and five fingers and safer than they do not escape

• Sad 1

lived here 20 years, 10 years in the same house,  so if i go away on holiday 5 or 6 times a year and also have a few weekends in Bangkok do i have to report all this to the immigration ?
The rules state yes! Nobody can tell you if your IO will apply these rules or ignore them.. Even the same Immigration officer can change the way they apply the rules. Tomorrow it might be different

• Like 2

15 hours ago, ICELANDMAN said:

Yes, why all this time you don't know Thai bureaucracy, better to keep farangs under control, these people with white skin are very strange, maybe they can also change skin, imprinted retina and five fingers and safer than they do not escape

if thats the case i would spend most of my holiday time in immigration instead of the Maldives ????

So just what am i supposed to do if i go and stay with my friend for a few days,over a long bank holiday weekend when immigration offices are closed?? 
In reality, nothing. Immigration will have no idea you went anywhere. And, your friend will not do a TM 30 on you.

16 hours ago, ICELANDMAN said:

are you sure ? even if one has a multiple entry visa ?

6 minutes ago, wobalt said:

I do not stay in Thailand more than 90 days. But I don’t have a stamp that say no 90 days report needed. Do yo think the police know that difference ?

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

If you do not remain in Thailand more than 90 days obviously you do not need to do 90 day reports. The stamp verifying this is your last 'Admitted' stamp. When you say police, which police do you mean? The only ones who should be interested in this matter, should be immigration police, maybe tourist police too. 

Edited by jacko45k

If you do not remain in Thailand more than 90 days obviously you do not need to do 90 day reports. The stamp verifying this is your last 'Admitted' stamp. When you say police, which police do you mean? The only ones who should be interested in this matter, should be immigration police, maybe tourist police too. 

I remember to have a discussion at CW why I never have done a 90 days report?
What police - doesn’t matter. Maybe the police involved in a raid?

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

16 hours ago, wobalt said:

I don’t do extensions because of that BS

Me neither, not been to immigration for over 4 years, can't stand their BS.

If I do ever need a new DL, I'll stay at a hotel for a week/month before getting the CofR.

Plenty of 5,000bht/month places in CM.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1