Submission of TM-30 to CW by post

Sorry to start a new thread, but this is specific to CW and sending by post.  As I understand it, I can send the completed TM-30 to CW along with a self-addressed stamped envelope for them to return the receipt to me.  Is this correct?  If so, do I send just the TM-30 form, or do I need to include photocopies of passport, extension stamp, TM6 entry card, etc.?

Send everything including all copies. This is the best system as there is no 24 hours. When I sent mine in for my tenants I sometimes send it in a week or 10 days late and always got a receipt back no fines

• Like 1

You mail the TM30 submission to CW BKK to the same address as you use for postal mailed 90-day reports there.... But instead of "90 Day Report Section" as the first line of the envelope address, you'd put "TM30 Report Section."

I did mine by mail earlier this year to BKK CW, and got the receipt back within a week or two via the SASE included in my submission, along with the TM30 form, and photocopies of the following:

--Passbook face page

--Original visa stamp (I also included my latest extension stamp)

--most recent arrival stamp

--airport departure card

--rental/lease agreement for your residence

--landlord's Thai ID card

--landlord's tabien ban

At least at CW, the requirement for the copies of the Thai ID card and tabien ban may be discretionary. I had them from my Thai landlord, but didn't include them in my submission. And I got my receipt back just fine without any nasty note or warning... etc etc.

• Thanks 1

If a Thai owner/landlord/blue-bookee files a TM30, for a foreign tenant, by post, would I be correct in assuming that they just need to complete the two-pages, and then mail that in (along with a SASE)?

Or do they need to include relevant documents on themselves (ID, Blue Book, other?), and the tenant (Lease, Passport, Ext Stay, Entry Stamp, TM6, other?)

I have seen this list, 

1. Chanote copy (I owner)
2. Yellow Book copy
3. Passport copy
4. Departure card copy
5. TM30 filled
6. Return envelope with address and 10 THB stamps attached

And this one,

Copy of Foreign Tenant’s Passport, Visa Page and Departure Card
– Copy of Title Deed and House Registration Book
– Copy of Rental Contract
– Completed TM.30 Form

11 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

You mail the TM30 submission to CW BKK to the same address as you use for postal mailed 90-day reports there.... But instead of "90 Day Report Section" as the first line of the envelope address, you'd put "TM30 Report Section."

I did mine by mail earlier this year to BKK CW, and got the receipt back within a week or two via the SASE included in my submission, along with the TM30 form, and photocopies of the following:

--Passbook face page

--Original visa stamp (I also included my latest extension stamp)

--most recent arrival stamp

--airport departure card

--rental/lease agreement for your residence

--landlord's Thai ID card

--landlord's tabien ban

At least at CW, the requirement for the copies of the Thai ID card and tabien ban may be discretionary. I had them from my Thai landlord, but didn't include them in my submission. And I got my receipt back just fine without any nasty note or warning... etc etc.

I'm interested in your post regarding the NOT including Thai id and tabien. I have been in same place bkk for 7 yrs. Could I do the tm30 as "possessor" without these two mentioned items.

• Like 1

Wondering if it makes any difference if I fill out and mail the TM30 myself, or ask the owner to do so? If owner does it, she would only send in the form and no supporting documents including my passport pages, etc., is that correct?

41 minutes ago, david_je said:

Wondering if it makes any difference if I fill out and mail the TM30 myself, or ask the owner to do so? If owner does it, she would only send in the form and no supporting documents including my passport pages, etc., is that correct?

Unclear, see post #7 above where I ask this question.

3 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

I'm interested in your post regarding the NOT including Thai id and tabien. I have been in same place bkk for 7 yrs. Could I do the tm30 as "possessor" without these two mentioned items.

As I said, I mailed mine in early this year without those two docs, even though I had them from my Thai landlord, just to see what would happen at BKK CW, and my submission was accepted and my TM30 receipt mailed back to me without any problem, delay or any warning note inside.

In my case, my landlord has NEVER done a TM30 for me in the many years I've lived here, and I know that because my landlord has never asked for or received any passport info from me. Plus I've talked to them (a Thai family) on the subject, and the whole TM30 thing came as a total surprise to them when it became an issue in the past year.

So, I guess I'm in the same boat as you, that is, filing as a possessor. But, FWIW, as best as I recall, there's nothing on the TM30 form or anywhere else in the process of doing a postal mailed TM30 where you're asked to identify what kind of filer you are -- owner, housemaster or possessor (whatever those latter two terms are supposed to mean...)  Though I did of course include a copy of the signed rental agreement between myself and my landlord.

8 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

As I said, I mailed mine in early this year without those two docs, even though I had them from my Thai landlord, just to see what would happen at BKK CW, and my submission was accepted and my TM30 receipt mailed back to me without any problem, delay or any warning note inside.

In my case, my landlord has NEVER done a TM30 for me in the many years I've lived here, and I know that because my landlord has never asked for or received any passport info from me. Plus I've talked to them (a Thai family) on the subject, and the whole TM30 thing came as a total surprise to them when it became an issue in the past year.

So, I guess I'm in the same boat as you, that is, filing as a possessor. But, FWIW, as best as I recall, there's nothing on the TM30 form or anywhere else in the process of doing a postal mailed TM30 where you're asked to identify what kind of filer you are -- owner, housemaster or possessor (whatever those latter two terms are supposed to mean...)  Though I did of course include a copy of the signed rental agreement between myself and my landlord.

Thanks.... Reading your account is carbon copy of my situation. I likewise intend to include my lease. I'm going to post tm30 upon my return from last trip outside Thailand prior to next annual extension. Will see how that goes. 

Edited by DrJack54

5 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

If a Thai owner/landlord/blue-bookee files a TM30, for a foreign tenant, by post, would I be correct in assuming that they just need to complete the two-pages, and then mail that in (along with a SASE)?

Or do they need to include relevant documents on themselves (ID, Blue Book, other?), and the tenant (Lease, Passport, Ext Stay, Entry Stamp, TM6, other?)

I have seen this list, 

1. Chanote copy (I owner)
2. Yellow Book copy
3. Passport copy
4. Departure card copy
5. TM30 filled
6. Return envelope with address and 10 THB stamps attached

And this one,

Copy of Foreign Tenant’s Passport, Visa Page and Departure Card
– Copy of Title Deed and House Registration Book
– Copy of Rental Contract
– Completed TM.30 Form

I don't know the answer to your question with any certainty...but I can add some added details....

1. the list of various documents I posted above re submitting the TM30 by mail came from here on ThaiVisa and was presumably in the context of the farang tenant submitting the filing by mail... not the Thai owner doing so.

2. Earlier this year, I sent a postal letter to Thai Immigration CW asking about the TM30 enforcement requirements. And instead of getting any kind of direct answers to my questions, they simply sent me a 1 page, two sided printed document entirely in TH language spelling out the details for TM 30 reporting, presumably aimed at Thais (given it was entirely in TH language).

And on that instruction sheet, from my wife's translation, it appeared to reference just sending in the completed TM30 form along with a SASE envelope... No mention of all the various photocopies listed here as things a farang tenant should submit.

PS - Though, from reports I've read elsewhere, I wouldn't rule out that a farang tenant doing an IN PERSON TM30 at BKK CW might well be asked for copies of the Thai owner's tabien ban and Thai ID... 

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

5 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Thanks.... Reading your account is carbon copy of my situation. I likewise intend to include my lease. I'm going to post tm30 upon my return from last trip outside Thailand prior to next annual extension. Will see how that goes. 

I just figured, if BKK CW didn't like what I submitted or considered it incomplete, I'd either a] not get a TM30 receipt back from them, and/or b] get some kind of warning or rejection note sent back in my SASE... And obviously, at least in my case, neither of those negative results happened.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

I don't know the answer to your question with any certainty...but I can add some added details....

1. the list of various documents I posted above re submitting the TM30 by mail came from here on ThaiVisa and was presumably in the context of the farang tenant submitting the filing by mail... not the Thai owner doing so.

2. Earlier this year, I sent a postal letter to Thai Immigration CW asking about the TM30 enforcement requirements. And instead of getting any kind of direct answers to my questions, they simply sent me a 1 page, two sided printed document entirely in TH language spelling out the details for TM 30 reporting, presumably aimed at Thais (given it was entirely in TH language).

And on that instruction sheet, from my wife's translation, it appeared to reference just sending in the completed TM30 form along with a SASE envelope... No mention of all the various photocopies listed here as things a farang tenant should submit.

PS - Though, from reports I've read elsewhere, I wouldn't rule out that a farang tenant doing an IN PERSON TM30 at BKK CW might well be asked for copies of the Thai owner's tabien ban and Thai ID... 

Would you be willing to scan and upload the Thai-language document on TM30 requirements that you received from CW? My landlady had never heard of TM30 before and I'd like to show it to her when we meet tomorrow.

8 minutes ago, david_je said:

Would you be willing to scan and upload the Thai-language document on TM30 requirements that you received from CW? My landlady had never heard of TM30 before and I'd like to show it to her when we meet tomorrow.

Sure, I can do that later this afternoon... I was already thinking about that, after I mentioned the document from Immigration above. But I wasn't sure, given that it's all in TH language...

There also is this Immigration website in TH language that I believe explains the whole deal...

https://www.immigration.go.th/content/การแจ้งที่พักคนต่างด้าว

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

34 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Sure, I can do that later this afternoon... I was already thinking about that, after I mentioned the document from Immigration above. But I wasn't sure, given that it's all in TH language...

There also is this Immigration website in TH language that I believe explains the whole deal...

On the document click english top right corner. The translation is near perfect

4 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Thank you for that. Is this the same as the document you received by mail? The English translation doesn't say anything about sending supporting documents, so it seems all my landlady needs to do is to send the TM30. If anyone has had owner mail in only the TM30 alone and receive back the approval receipt, would appreciate if could let us know for reassurance.

53 minutes ago, david_je said:

Thank you for that. Is this the same as the document you received by mail? 

No, the webpage I linked to above is not the same document, although the info is obviously somewhat similar, since they're both on the same topic...

Here's the two-page Thai language document that Thai Immigration sent me earlier this year on TM30 reporting compliance. The handwritten notes are my Thai wife's version of EN translation of some of the content.

PS - After receiving the doc, I tried calling the contact phone number for Immigration listed toward the bottom of the second page, and no one answered.

426854603_ImmigrationTM30InfoSheet1.thumb.jpg.01d28d29d388e685ef894e2ff8721033.jpg

174594170_ImmigrationTM30InfoSheet2.thumb.jpg.a807bc53201e5d93851ae55e7a224959.jpg

• Thanks 1

No, the webpage I linked to above is not the same document, although the info is obviously somewhat similar, since they're both on the same topic... 

Thank you for posting that. Can you tell me if there's anything important in that document that is different from, or in addition to, the webpage you linked to? It may be while before I can ask a friend for translation.

Now I've read the webpage more carefully and am confused. I had thought maybe the landlady needs only to send the TM30 form. The first part of the webpage, Filling in ...TM30, sort of implies that that is the case. But the next part is Prepare the Documents, and six documents are listed, including a "letter of authorization to conduct the registration via internet" (?) and an empty CD (?). Can anyone with experience explain?

Particularly interested in whether my landlady can mail in just the TM30 form, I wait for the receipt and take that to CW when I do my retirement extension. And I bring along a TM30 I fill in myself as possessor and supporting documents just in case.

19 minutes ago, david_je said:

But the next part is Prepare the Documents, and six documents are listed, including a "letter of authorization to conduct the registration via internet" (?) and an empty CD (?). Can anyone with experience explain?

That is an older procedure for hotels to register for the online system.

19 minutes ago, david_je said:

Particularly interested in whether my landlady can mail in just the TM30 form, I wait for the receipt and take that to CW when I do my retirement extension. And I bring along a TM30 I fill in myself as possessor and supporting documents just in case.

You can do either, really up to your timing/schedule leading up to your ext stay.

Given some time I'd have the landlady mail in the form, that's the path I'm on currently (still waiting for online system approval). Otherwise do it in person, but self-filing with you as Possessor or whatever.

So I plan to have my landlord (add her name, age on line 1, sign, I've completed the rest within PDF) complete the TM30, and my doc pack now includes:

TM30 both pages

blue book

Thai landlord's ID

My passport: main page, current ext stay, multi reentry, last stamp in, happens to be all on two adjacent pages

TM6 (both sides) 

old visa being continuously extended

lease

SASE with 10 baht stamp

Edited by mtls2005

22 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

That is an older procedure for hotels to register for the online system.

You can do either, really up to your timing/schedule leading up to your ext stay.

Given some time I'd have the landlady mail in the form, that's the path I'm on currently (still waiting for online system approval). Otherwise do it in person, but self-filing with you as Possessor or whatever.

So I plan to have my landlord (add her name, age on line 1, sign, I've completed the rest within PDF) complete the TM30, and my doc pack now includes:

TM30 both pages

blue book

Thai landlord's ID

My passport: main page, current ext stay, multi reentry, last stamp in, happens to be all on two adjacent pages

TM6 (both sides) 

old visa being continuously extended

lease

SASE with 10 baht stamp

So you're having the owner fill out the TM30, and you're just taking care of the mailing it in, right? That's what I plan to do too. And even though it's owner filing, you're including all those documents? Have you seen somewhere that they are required if owner files? 

You also mentioned you're waiting for online system approval. Are you mailing in instead because it's been a long wait? I took a quick look at online registration; it's in Thai and I've read elsewhere on this forum that online filing is difficult.

2 hours ago, david_je said:
So you're having the owner fill out the TM30, and you're just taking care of the mailing it in, right? That's what I plan to do too. And even though it's owner filing, you're including all those documents? Have you seen somewhere that they are required if owner files? 
You also mentioned you're waiting for online system approval. Are you mailing in instead because it's been a long wait? I took a quick look at online registration; it's in Thai and I've read elsewhere on this forum that online filing is difficult.

With this method (which I'm doing) are you having the receipt mailed back to your address (in your name) or to the owner? Minor detail, but not really sure.

Sent from my U FEEL PRIME using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Edited by yabbra

2 hours ago, david_je said:

I'm not sure I understand the desire or need to get the Thai landlord involved in the TM30 process, assuming that they haven't already filed one for you.

As I noted above, earlier this year, I submitted my own TM30 to CW BKK by postal mail with just my own documents (I had but did not send my landlord's Thai ID and tabien ban copies), And got my TM30 receipt back in the mail in less than 2 weeks.

In a case where I'd know my landlord is on the ball and going to do the TM30 as required, I'd be happy to leave it to them.  But in the other kinds of cases like mine where the landlord has never done a TM30 and is relatively clueless, I'd rather take the responsibility myself, make sure it's done correctly, and have my own TM30 receipt in hand when I go to do my next extension of stay.

With the postal mail process, there's no registering online and having to fight your way thru a balky, Thai language website that's far from clear in terms of how to use it.  Thais like their paper documents. In this case, I'm happy to add to their mountain pile of c**p.

34 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

I'm not sure I understand the desire or need to get the Thai landlord involved in the TM30 process, assuming that they haven't already filed one for you.

What you're saying makes sense and now I'm having second thoughts about asking the owner to do it as she is, like yours, clueless. I did ask here earlier if there were any pros or cons with CW getting the form from the owner or from the tenant. If there isn't, then, as you said, I/the tenant can control the filing process myself and get a receipt with my name on it. I can file on same day I do retirement extension, but if I mail it in beforehand, would save some time/worry and a fine (it seems).

Question: on your successful form, what did you put as the dates at the top (when form was written) and on the bottom (unclear, but seems to do with period of tenant's arrival or stay)? I ask because my last arrival in Thailand was a few weeks ago and this is a 24-hour notification form. (I had never heard of TM30 before.)

38 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

I'm not sure I understand the desire or need to get the Thai landlord involved in the TM30 process

What might work for you may not work for everyone. Even Sansabelt trousers come in more than one size, right?

In my case, the landlord has expressed an interest in complying with the law, is quite intelligent and savvy (i.e. not "clueless') so I've been helping her with mail-in reporting and online reporting. Win-win.

3 hours ago, david_je said:

So you're having the owner fill out the TM30, and you're just taking care of the mailing it in, right?

Yes. I completed the TM30 in full save for my landlord's name, age, and signature. 

And even though it's owner filing, you're including all those documents?

Yes. Since when have more documents ever been worse than fewer? In Thailand I mean.

Have you seen somewhere that they are required if owner files? 

Yes, in some lists found on FB and the interwebs.

You also mentioned you're waiting for online system approval. Are you mailing in instead because it's been a long wait?

Yes, Plan B. Online is Plan A. I return 5 July so just setting things up.

1 hour ago, yabbra said:

With this method (which I'm doing) are you having the receipt mailed back to your address (in your name) or to the owner? Minor detail, but not really sure.

In my case not so challenging. Landlord lives across the street. Also, she will be reporting multiple foreigners so the bottommost receipt is associated with a report, not an individual foreigner.

The intent of the law, at least the section (38) which applies to the reporting foreigners it (reporting foreigners) is meant to be done by Thais. Having foreigners is self-defeating in some ways, but perhaps unavoidable given things like individual house rentals, condo ownership, etc.

59 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

As I noted above, earlier this year, I submitted my own TM30 to CW BKK by postal mail with just my own documents (I had but did not send my landlord's Thai ID and tabien ban copies), And got my TM30 receipt back in the mail in less than 2 weeks.

By the way, the receipt does indeed have your name on it, correct? I suppose if I had landlady file the TM30, the receipt would have her name and that may complicate things when I bring it for my extension.

8 minutes ago, david_je said:

What you're saying makes sense and now I'm having second thoughts about asking the owner to do it as she is, like yours, clueless. I did ask here earlier if there were any pros or cons with CW getting the form from the owner or from the tenant. If there isn't, then, as you said, I/the tenant can control the filing process myself and get a receipt with my name on it. I can file on same day I do retirement extension, but if I mail it in beforehand, would save some time/worry and a fine (it seems).

Question: on your successful form, what did you put as the dates at the top (when form was written) and on the bottom (unclear, but seems to do with period of tenant's arrival or stay)? I ask because my last arrival in Thailand was a few weeks ago and this is a 24-hour notification form. (I had never heard of TM30 before.)

I did mine back in January, when awareness of this new enforcement deal was just being understood by us folks here in BKK.  That happened to be about a month after I had returned from an international trip.

So, I dated my form on the date I mailed it to BKK CW. And I correctly noted my arrival date into Thailand as having been a date about a month earlier... (Yes, I was well beyond the 24 hour rule.).  But, they accepted my filing and I got my receipt in the mail.

Next time, of course, just to be on the safe side, I'll get my paperwork together BEFORE I go on any international travel, and then have it ready to mail more or less as soon as I wake up at home in BKK after the long flight.

But still, it was good to see BKK CW, at least in my case, wasn't getting crazy about the 24 hour rule.

As for your dates question, the date in the top right corner of the form is simply the date you're preparing/sending the TM30. The date further down toward the bottom of the text of the document is the date you're declaring that you arrived at the address you're reporting.

4 minutes ago, david_je said:

By the way, the receipt does indeed have your name on it, correct? I suppose if I had landlady file the TM30, the receipt would have her name and that may complicate things when I bring it for my extension.

yes, the receipt part at the bottom that gets returned has spaces for the Immigration officer to write in your name, nationality and reporting date.  And at least on my receipt, the IO also wrote in at the bottom of my receipt my reporting address.