Convenient way to report foreigners staying in your property, say immigration

webfact

8 hours ago, DrTuner said:

Take extreme care when installing 3rd party apps that haven't been vetted by Google. You've been warned.

Google will warn you.

You have to agree to accept the installation. 

I'm on Android 9 and Samsung security 9.5 Galaxy S8 plus, and it actually scans the app after warning you. 

Nice innit?

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 hours ago, Wilsonandson said:

What is the use of this information? Why does the police need to know everywhere I am at all times? Are foreigners a danger to Thai's?

Sent from my SM-A700FD using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Absolutely! - We threaten their very existence!  Stealing their jobs, their women, their land - - - - Oh Wait! - - They already have laws in place to stop all that.

But it's OK if you're Chinese!

4 minutes ago, essox essox said:

so If I own condos.....one in Pattaya (which I live in most of the time) and one, say Hua Hin, and i decide to go to condo in Hua Hin for a weeks holiday....WHAT DO I HAVE TO DO??

Technically you would be required to report at each place but in practice, If you wont be having any business with Hua Hin immigration, dont bother reporting there. 

17 hours ago, Cheops said:

Really? Then why do you need to fill in the address where you will be staying on the arrival card? Do they just want to know you actually made it back home through the traffic in Bangkok? 555

You could could probably ask the same “ why” about many things here that don’t make sense such as when the bank book is full and you want a new one why you have to virtually bring all the same documents you used to open the original account.

Re the original question here in Chiang Mai Province if you leave the country even cross the border into Burma for half a day you have to re notify your address using the TM 30 form.

I have given up trying to work out the logic of many things as there isn’t any, easier to go with the flow.

All three apps (TM6, TM47 and TM30) are up on the PlayStore, but maybe only find-able if you have a THL Playstore account. Just logout of GMAIL, then search, or use a different browser, maybe create a new local account?

https://play.google.com/store/apps/developer?id=Immigration+Bureau

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=th.go.immigration.section38

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=th.go.immigration.immeService

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=th.go.immigration.etm6

The APKs are available for down/side-load. Just search for the app name +apk. Example "Section38 APK". You will have to enable Install Unknown Apps - THIS CAN BE DANGEROUS SO PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU INFORM YOURSELF BEFORE DOING THIS - (Android 9: Apps & notification, Advanced, Special App Access, Install unknown apps).

I'm personally not touching these things, will let others blaze the trail.

FWIW it looks like the TM6 and TM47 apps are available to ALL - which makes sense obviously, just the TM30 (Section38) app which seems restricted to local THL usage.

so If I own condos.....one in Pattaya (which I live in most of the time) and one, say Hua Hin, and i decide to go to condo in Hua Hin for a weeks holiday....WHAT DO I HAVE TO DO??
My immigration office told me I must report each time I change where I stay for the night. They told me that I needed to report twice every week in my case.
That is the rule, if you choose to follow them.

In Thailand goal posts have wheels

10 hours ago, Fairynuff said:

There’s just no logical, stress LOGICAL reason for suddenly enforcing this old law. It’s cumbersome, ineffective and pointless. All it does is create extra work for everyone. Of course there’s the revenue to consider even that’s an end result of the extra work. We’re often given reasons to feel unwelcome and disrespected by the “powers” and if it wasn’t for the many decent Thai people I interact daily I may well consider moving on.

If you get involved with other government departments you will find that most of them also have cumbersome, ineffective and pointless procedures which apply to Thai people as well.

Had a friend buy a car from another province required a 150 km trip to the DLT head office in Chiang Mai and a several hour wait to transfer the details to him then another visit a few days later and another long wait for the car to be physically checked.

Cannot do it all on the same day and cannot do it at the local DLT office where they will do the transfer and check the car If was bought in the same province ( Chiang  Mai ) same procedure for Thai people

I have been involved with my wife with other government departments and   these are matters that are not for me and they are exactly the same.

The only exception is the Thai passport office where after two visits for my wife and daughter  found them very efficient and helpful

You could could probably ask the same “ why” about many things here that don’t make sense such as when the bank book is full and you want a new one why you have to virtually bring all the same documents you used to open the original account.
Re the original question here in Chiang Mai Province if you leave the country even cross the border into Burma for half a day you have to re notify your address using the TM 30 form.
I have given up trying to work out the logic of many things as there isn’t any, easier to go with the flow.
My immigration office requires ne to file a new TM30 after each trip away from my normal home address. Even internally within Thailand

I hate the word "Foreigner", I the West, anyone looking Asian is described as an "Asian" unless we know

where they come from, then we say, he/she is Thai, Japanese, Korean, etc...

In Thailand I prefer the word Farang, which sounds more like someone living here and it's friendlier!

16 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Same here. I tried on my PC with both a Thai and then a U.S. IP address... I tried on my U.S. purchased Android phone and then on my Thai purchased Android phone, both with recent OS versions. And no dice on any of those... Got the same incompatible message on all....

The only common thread among all those devices, AFAIK, is they all have non-Thai based Google accounts...

Pretty smart of Thai Immigration to create an Android app for TM30 reporting in Thailand, and then configure it so it can't be accessed by non Thai Google accounts!!!!   Unless, of course, they only meant it to be used by Thai owners/landlords.

Why would Thai immigration design an app which is only required for use within Thailand to be usable for those outside Thailand.  It is a Thai system for Thais and others living here, not for foreigners who bring in their foreign phones.  It is up to the outsider to fit in with the local system not the other way round.

Why would Thai immigration design an app which is only required for use within Thailand to be usable for those outside Thailand.  It is a Thai system for Thais and others living here, not for foreigners who bring in their foreign phones.  It is up to the outsider to fit in with the local system not the other way round.
Many owners of property in Thailand live overseas. Particularly the Chinese

1 minute ago, Toany said:

Many owners of property in Thailand live overseas. Particularly the Chinese

So it's up to them to find out how to use the local system.

12 minutes ago, gmac said:

In addition to the good response Toany gave above, AFAIK, the issue of being unable to access the app in the Google Play store has nothing to do with "foreign phones."  I have Thai purchased phones, Thai SIMs, and Thai internet connections, and I can't access the app in any of them.

The problem, AFAIK, is they've for some reason appear to have set the app to only be accessible to Google accounts based in Thailand as opposed to other countries.  And even if living here long term, a lot of expats for a lot of different reasons are probably likely to have their Google account based in their home country instead of Thailand, for language reasons among others.

The job of Thai Immigration is supposed to be to enforce and administer the country's immigration laws, and in doing that, provide services to a wide range of people from countries around the world... Their service orientation is supposed to be internationally oriented, not Thai nationalist oriented.

44 minutes ago, gmac said:

TM6 and TM47 apps are used solely by foreigners, apps available in the PlayStore regardless of geo-links.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=th.go.immigration.etm6&hl=en

To ease the immigration entry process now you can fill out the Immigration Form(s) (TM.6) in the comfort of your home or office via Mobile Application before your traveling in/out Thailand.

The TM30 app should be similarly available as some foreigners are housemasters and have to report themselves and other foreigners.

Carry on.

Don't know if (BIG IF) it functions or not, but just installed on GF phone. On my Thailand bought phone with only ever Thai SIM, said...app not available in your country. Must have to do with Google Account Settings, language, etc. 

2 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

The problem, AFAIK, is they've for some reason appear to have set the app to only be accessible to Google accounts based in Thailand as opposed to other countries.  And even if living here long term, a lot of expats for a lot of different reasons are probably likely to have their Google account based in their home country instead of Thailand, for language reasons among others.

It's extremely simple to set up a new Google account - takes no more than a minute or two. If you're in Thailand when you do it, it will automatically be a Thai-based account. In addition to the apps mentioned here, it will give you access to various other apps, some quite useful, that are only available to Thai-based Google accounts.

I also find it very handy to have another Google account that for instance, allows me to log into various websites without creating a new account on that site but doesn't 'give away' my regular Google account details to third party sites or apps.

6 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

All three apps (TM6, TM47 and TM30) are up on the PlayStore, but maybe only find-able if you have a THL Playstore account. Just logout of GMAIL, then search, or use a different browser, maybe create a new local account?

Found it, not sure where my google account is "located". The TM6 is of interest, I'm going out and coming back in a couple of weeks so I'll see if the dude at the elite counter in swampy knows anything about it. Will still fill a normal TM6 in the plane as can't trust these things to work. No idea how you're supposed to get the part of TM6 you staple to the passport when using the app. 

Look for "eTM6 immigration bureau" in play store.

EDIT: a-ha, you still need to print it out using your own printer. While I actually do have a battery operated portable HP printer to do this, I think I'm one in 1000000 that's got such a thing.

Screenshot_20190601-141238.thumb.png.9c788d77fb22c036804d72f21768f511.png

I think the app tells you to print out your TM6

Found it, not sure where my google account is "located". The TM6 is of interest, I'm going out and coming back in a couple of weeks so I'll see if the dude at the elite counter in swampy knows anything about it. Will still fill a normal TM6 in the plane as can't trust these things to work. No idea how you're supposed to get the part of TM6 you staple to the passport when using the app. 

Look for "eTM6 immigration bureau" in play store.

3 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

TM6 and TM47 apps are used solely by foreigners, apps available in the PlayStore regardless of geo-links.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=th.go.immigration.etm6&hl=en

To ease the immigration entry process now you can fill out the Immigration Form(s) (TM.6) in the comfort of your home or office via Mobile Application before your traveling in/out Thailand.

The TM30 app should be similarly available as some foreigners are housemasters and have to report themselves and other foreigners.

Carry on.

Has anybody used the TM6 app when arriving in Thailand?

How does it work? Do you just show them your mobile when arriving/departing?

Just now, Mike Teavee said:

How does it work? Do you just show them your mobile when arriving/departing?

See above, I added the screenshot with instructions. Not convenient, a QR code on mobile screen would have been the obvious solution. Immigration still wants to support the paper industry.

4 hours ago, gmac said:

I was expecting the last few words to read......if you don’t like it go home

3 hours ago, Skeptic7 said:

Don't know if (BIG IF) it functions or not, but just installed on GF phone. On my Thailand bought phone with only ever Thai SIM, said...app not available in your country. Must have to do with Google Account Settings, language, etc. 

Same here... The inability to access the TM30 app in the Google Play store has nothing to do with whether the phone is Thai bought or not, whether it has a Thai SIM or not, etc etc...

It appears to be a function of where one's Google account is based, Thailand vs other countries.  And I'm not going to change all my Google stuff to have a Thailand setting -- which affects your web content settings, search settings and other stuff - just to be able to access their TM30 app.

5 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

Immigration's TM6 and TM47 apps both show up as accessible in all my Android devices (U.S. and Thai purchases), which each have a U.S. based Play Store account. The TM30 app shows up as available on NONE of them.

Somebody (Immigration, Google, I dunno) has screwed up... Re the TM30 app, they obviously made the text of the app description in the Google Play store in an EN version (you don't have to use Google Translate to translate a Thai version of it). But somehow, they haven't made access to the app as broadly available as they should have.

If it was only intended for Thai users, they wouldn't have needed to have done an EN language app description.

TM30 - Guide/Who it applies for:

https://www.thethailandlife.com/tm30-guide

TM30 - Register online:

https://extranet.immigration.go.th/fn24online/

To get the TM30 APP - Step by step:

Setting - Itune/Appstore - Apple ID - View ID - Country/Region - Change Country or Region - Thailand - Fill up the form With street, city, county, postcode and Your mobile number - Done.

Then go to Appstore and search for "Section38" - download the app … :thumbsup:

Archived