Convenient way to report foreigners staying in your property, say immigration

webfact

Immigration's TM6 and TM47 apps both show up as accessible in all my Android devices (U.S. and Thai purchases), which each have a U.S. based Play Store account. The TM30 app shows up as available on NONE of them.

Somebody (Immigration, Google, I dunno) has screwed up... Re the TM30 app, they obviously made the text of the app description in the Google Play store in an EN version (you don't have to use Google Translate to translate a Thai version of it). But somehow, they haven't made access to the app as broadly available as they should have.

If it was only intended for Thai users, they wouldn't have needed to have done an EN language app description.

You must remember that the TM30 system was originally designed for hotels and condominiums to report of foreigner.

They changed how they applied the rules

Then they started fining people for not complying with the new system.

That has caused a backlash and they are now trying to put things right.

The program was probably designed to only be used buy hotels and Condos within Thailand and was probably written by an immigration officer in his slack time.

Just look at the immigration Web page.

It befits a Third World Immigration department.

I'm sure they have not really thought things through and are not doing it intentionally. They are just inept!

In Thailand goal posts have wheels

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, Toany said:

You must remember that the TM30 system was originally designed for hotels and condominiums to report of foreigner.

They changed how they applied the rules

Then they started fining people for not complying with the new system.

That has caused a backlash and they are now trying to put things right.

The program was probably designed to only be used buy hotels and Condos within Thailand and was probably written by an immigration officer in his slack time.

Just look at the immigration Web page.

It befits a Third World Immigration department.

I'm sure they have not really thought things through and are not doing it intentionally. They are just inept!

See post #212

Read and Learn - doesnt matter where you are located worldwide, just change the settings and download… :thumbsup:

7 hours ago, ttrd said:

See post #212

Read and Learn - doesnt matter where you are located worldwide, just change the settings and download… :thumbsup:

On the Android side of things, Google only allows you to change your Play Store country setting once a year. Once you change it, you can't change it again for that account for another year.  Making that kind of change can well impact other things beyond getting access to one lousy Thai Immigration app.

If you move to a new country you may want to change your Google Play country. Your Google Play country determines what content you see in the store. The apps, games, and other content in the Store can vary by country.

• You can only change your Play country once per year. So if you change your country, you won’t be able to change it back for 1 year.
  • When you change your country, you won’t be able to use your Google Play balance that you have in your old country in your new country.

https://support.google.com/googleplay/answer/7431675?hl=en

11 hours ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

It's extremely simple to set up a new Google account - takes no more than a minute or two. If you're in Thailand when you do it, it will automatically be a Thai-based account. In addition to the apps mentioned here, it will give you access to various other apps, some quite useful, that are only available to Thai-based Google accounts.

I also find it very handy to have another Google account that for instance, allows me to log into various websites without creating a new account on that site but doesn't 'give away' my regular Google account details to third party sites or apps.

Yep, I'd imagine creating and using a new Google account IN COUNTRY would solve the access problem... But in my particular case, I've already got about a half dozen of them, and not really looking to add another just to satisfy Thai Immigration....

I think, in order for the TM30 app to continue working on an Android device after doing that, you'd have to keep that particular TH Google account active on the device, apart from any others the device may already have.

21 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

In addition to the good response Toany gave above, AFAIK, the issue of being unable to access the app in the Google Play store has nothing to do with "foreign phones."  I have Thai purchased phones, Thai SIMs, and Thai internet connections, and I can't access the app in any of them.

The problem, AFAIK, is they've for some reason appear to have set the app to only be accessible to Google accounts based in Thailand as opposed to other countries.  And even if living here long term, a lot of expats for a lot of different reasons are probably likely to have their Google account based in their home country instead of Thailand, for language reasons among others.

The job of Thai Immigration is supposed to be to enforce and administer the country's immigration laws, and in doing that, provide services to a wide range of people from countries around the world... Their service orientation is supposed to be internationally oriented, not Thai nationalist oriented.

You can change the google account country in settings anytime.

Switch between existing country profiles
  1. On your Android phone or tablet, open the Google Play Store .
  2. Tap Menu Account Country and profiles. You'll see two countries - your current Google Play country and the country you're currently in.
  3. Tap the country you want to change to.

You may need to change it back to get a banking app or similar from home country.

8 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

I think, in order for the TM30 app to continue working on an Android device after doing that, you'd have to keep that particular TH Google account active on the device, apart from any others the device may already have.

Not in my experience. Once you've installed an app, it keeps working - at least for all the ones I've tried. It doesn't seem to matter which account is active or even if it's deleted from the device.

However I see that as @Peterw42 has just posted, you can change the country for an existing profile anyway, so you don't even need to create a new account.

2 hours ago, Peterw42 said:

You can change the google account country in settings anytime.

Switch between existing country profiles
  1. On your Android phone or tablet, open the Google Play Store .
  2. Tap Menu Account Country and profiles. You'll see two countries - your current Google Play country and the country you're currently in.
  3. Tap the country you want to change to.

You may need to change it back to get a banking app or similar from home country.

According to Google, you can only change your Google Play Store country setting once a year. Meaning once you make such a change, for that particular account, you're stuck with it for a year.

If you move to a new country you may want to change your Google Play country. Your Google Play country determines what content you see in the store. The apps, games, and other content in the Store can vary by country.

You can only change your Play country once per year. So if you change your country, you won’t be able to change it back for 1 year.

When you change your country, you won’t be able to use your Google Play balance that you have in your old country in your new country.

https://support.google.com/googleplay/answer/7431675?hl=en

2 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

According to Google, you can only change your Google Play Store country setting once a year. Meaning once you make such a change, for that particular account, you're stuck with it for a year.

In that case, if you only have one Google account, it still might be better to create a new account. However, if you already have several, you could probably choose one of them to change the country on, without any particularly negative effects.

5 hours ago, mania said:

This must confuse those posters who always say.....

I luv Thailand better because "My home country is such a nanny state" ????

Thailand is the mother of all nanny states. There are laws up the wazoo. The reason people have been touting "the land of the free" is corruption, the laws have not been enforced. Until they are.

On 6/1/2019 at 8:05 AM, StevieAus said:

You could could probably ask the same “ why” about many things here that don’t make sense such as when the bank book is full and you want a new one why you have to virtually bring all the same documents you used to open the original account.

Re the original question here in Chiang Mai Province if you leave the country even cross the border into Burma for half a day you have to re notify your address using the TM 30 form.

I have given up trying to work out the logic of many things as there isn’t any, easier to go with the flow.

There are indeed many things here that don't make sense. About bank books I don't know, since I don't use them. 

I report only with the arrival card after I come back into Thailand (or nothing if from an internal trip) and I have never used a tm30 form. Wouldt know how it even looks like. 

There are indeed many things here that don't make sense. About bank books I don't know, since I don't use them. 
I report only with the arrival card after I come back into Thailand (or nothing if from an internal trip) and I have never used a tm30 form. Wouldt know how it even looks like. 
I think you will find that it has changed when you next visit immigration. Take some extra money with you.

15 minutes ago, Toany said:

I think you will find that it has changed when you next visit immigration. Take some extra money with you.

Let's see. My company arranges all since 14 years. I just need show my face at immigration during visa and wp extensions every 2 years. Never had any problem. For the 90 days reporting I give a signed and filled tm47 form and my passport to business affairs in my company and I never have to go to immigration for that. Never any problem. 

Let's see. My company arranges all since 14 years. I just need show my face at immigration during visa and wp extensions every 2 years. Never had any problem. For the 90 days reporting I give a signed and filled tm47 form and my passport to business affairs in my company and I never have to go to immigration for that. Never any problem. 
You are lucky. Somebody in your company deals with immigration for you.
Many other people pay an agent to do the same for them.

I hope it continues that way for you.

I own a condo in Bkk, jointly with my wife (also non-Thai). Now and then we have friends or family visit us from various countries, and in their "visa on arrival" or visa-exempt, as the case may be, at the airport, they write my address and phone number on the arrival card.

Do I still need to report them to immigration on line on this TM 30?

Thanks for your guidance.  

I own a condo in Bkk, jointly with my wife (also non-Thai). Now and then we have friends or family visit us from various countries, and in their "visa on arrival" or visa-exempt, as the case may be, at the airport, they write my address and phone number on the arrival card.
Do I still need to report them to immigration on line on this TM 30?
Thanks for your guidance.  
Yes you do.

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk

On 5/30/2019 at 10:22 PM, richard_smith237 said:

IF this works, great. 

However, some ThaiVisa posters have reported that the online Webpage for TM30 has some problems. 

In my experience these online government Apps never work, the 'DLT checkIn' App to report cheating taxi's etc has never worked !!... 

So.. It will be very interesting to see if this works throughout the country and if so its an excellent step forwards, but I'll not hold my breath just yet. 

it will be riddled with problems and be more confusing then using a paper form. the thais are not a bright bunch and were not dealing with einstein here.

51 minutes ago, Toany said:

You are lucky. Somebody in your company deals with immigration for you.
Many other people pay an agent to do the same for them.

I hope it continues that way for you.

You are right, if I read about all the difficulties that people on retire and marriage visa extensions are, I'm lucky.

I'm planning to apply Thai citizenship, so when I stop working I won't have problems, but it's a lenghty process to get citizenship.

Just downloaded the TM30 app, need some clarification.

1, The wife owns the house where we live so is she registered as “owner” or “house master”?

2, on the registration page it asks for “accommodation name” what does this mean?

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Just give it a my name. Not important what

1, The wife owns the house where we live so is she registered as “owner” or “house master”?

2, on the registration page it asks for “accommodation name” what does this mean?

1 hour ago, ThailandTom1 said:

1) "owner" if her name is on the chanote or whatever

2) it's meant for the hotel name, condo name...houses don't have names, but how should they know that? Just put some crap a la "urwifesname Residence" imo

On 5/31/2019 at 1:17 PM, ThomasThBKK said:

There's also an app now for TM6 papers (eTM6) and 90 day reports (Immigration services) from the same author.

They are prolly all legit and make life easier - if they will work. 

But i DO HAVE ONE BURNING QUESTION: WHY U NOT PUT ALL OF THESE FEATURES IN A SINGLE APP?

90 day does NOT work

16 hours ago, Cheops said:

You are right, if I read about all the difficulties that people on retire and marriage visa extensions are, I'm lucky.

I'm planning to apply Thai citizenship, so when I stop working I won't have problems, but it's a lenghty process to get citizenship.

restricted to a few each year and,Read ,write, speak Thai, and sing the kings song. good luck with that.

The whole purpose is to know where we are, yet they make it hard to do so, why not just make the TM30 as easy as possible for foreigners to indicate where they are? If they want to question the location, so be it, but allow the entry so they have a starting point, and so the foreigner isn't punished for trying to do the right thing. The alternative is they have no idea where you are, and wait for you to show up for your extension/etc, kind of counterproductive. So is the process to harass foreigners, and extract some baht, or to actually track us?

2 hours ago, ocddave said:

The whole purpose is to know where we are, yet they make it hard to do so, why not just make the TM30 as easy as possible for foreigners to indicate where they are? If they want to question the location, so be it, but allow the entry so they have a starting point, and so the foreigner isn't punished for trying to do the right thing. The alternative is they have no idea where you are, and wait for you to show up for your extension/etc, kind of counterproductive. So is the process to harass foreigners, and extract some baht, or to actually track us?

Because if it was made to easy, it could upset a new income stream. 

TIT.

2 hours ago, brianthainess said:

restricted to a few each year and,Read ,write, speak Thai, and sing the kings song. good luck with that.

Thanks. If you work here for more than 3 years and you are married for more than 3 years, you can apply for Thai citizenship. If you have kids you can even apply after 1 year working. Although I can speak Thai, this is not a requirement. If you are not married and go the PR route, then you need to be able to speak some Thai. 

6 minutes ago, Father Fintan Stack said:

Do you not have to be a permanent resident before you apply for citizenship first?

PR takes a minimum of 3 years to do first (I have it).

No, marriage to a local bypasses the need for PR (for either sex).

If you're a foreign woman married to a local man, you can apply for citizenship right away with almost no conditions to be met.

Citizenship is a dream these days, 

3/3 of my friends got declined last year... Don't assume you will get it.

These are all guys with 1)perfect thai language skills 2) hiso thai wifes 3) successful businesses in bangkok 4) 2 of them german, 1 from the USA, all of them here for q long time already 

They just don't want to give passports out imo. 

Archived