Convenient way to report foreigners staying in your property, say immigration

webfact

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

IF this works, great. 

However, some ThaiVisa posters have reported that the online Webpage for TM30 has some problems. 

In my experience these online government Apps never work, the 'DLT checkIn' App to report cheating taxi's etc has never worked !!... 

So.. It will be very interesting to see if this works throughout the country and if so its an excellent step forwards, but I'll not hold my breath just yet. 

I'm with you hear buddy. It seems strange that the internet hit of ASEAN cannot get any of its governmental application to function. I wonder what the non-hub countries must be like? Terrible I bet, that Singapore for example, I bet nothing works there.

29 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Not a good idea. The authorities will want at least 100,000 baht per bracelet.

Brilliant idea. Also make farangs pay for the 90 day parole appointment. More feed in the trough. 

"Application provider of Immigration Bureau - According to section 38 of the 1979 immigration act, "House owners, heads of household, landlords or managers of hotels who accommodate foreign nationals on a temporary basis who stay in the kingdom legally, must notify the local immigration authorities within 24 hours from the time of arrival of the foreign national via Mobile Application"

What about the illegal ones?

4 hours ago, pattjock said:

This is only for people who own a property where a foreigner is staying, for any length of time.

The foreigner staying at the place do not need to have a copy of this and is not in any way responsible for doing this. It's all up to the owner of the property.

The three cases when it will involve the foreigner is:

1. If a foreigner is living in his own condo he has to do this every time he returns from a trip outside Thailand.

2. If a foreigner is living in a condo or house, owned by his wife, his wife has to do this.

3. If a foreigner is renting out a property to another foreigner he has to do this.

If this an immigration law, and we complete an immigration form when entering the country that demands to know the address we are staying at in Thailand, why does immigration then also need my wife to tell them that I have arrived at the address I have already given them?

4 hours ago, pattjock said:

This is only for people who own a property where a foreigner is staying, for any length of time.

The foreigner staying at the place do not need to have a copy of this and is not in any way responsible for doing this. It's all up to the owner of the property.

The three cases when it will involve the foreigner is:

1. If a foreigner is living in his own condo he has to do this every time he returns from a trip outside Thailand.

2. If a foreigner is living in a condo or house, owned by his wife, his wife has to do this.

3. If a foreigner is renting out a property to another foreigner he has to do this.

This is absolutely true according to the rules. The problem is that neither the IO or the house owner no about this, so you have to do it yourself. For five years I have tried to explain exactly this to two IO;s and my wife, as we live half the year in the south and a half in my wife's house in the north, but none beliefs me.

Just now, Bangkok Barry said:

If this an immigration law, and we complete an immigration form when entering the country that demands to know the address we are staying at in Thailand, why does immigration then also need my wife to tell them that I have arrived at the address I have already given them?

In case you have done a runner to your mia noi instead.

4 hours ago, MRToMRT said:

"House owners, heads of household, landlords or managers of hotels who accommodate foreign nationals on a temporary basis who stay in the kingdom legally, must notify the local immigration authorities within 24 hours from the time of arrival of the foreign national via Mobile Application"

So theres really no need for a foreigner to report themselves, it implies?

I believe this is correct - The onus is on whoever allows the foreigner to stay at the address, not the foreigner themselves.

3 minutes ago, TonyR101 said:

I believe this is correct - The onus is on whoever allows the foreigner to stay at the address, not the foreigner themselves.

but if you stay with your Thai wife you are probably the head of household. 

downloaded this app but cant get it to resister me. Get as far as upload but cant get past this without presumably uploading a file. Doesnt tell me what file they want uploading but I assume it may be my passport, Tried that but it wont accept any file just says cant find when I imput a valid filename. Trying to register without a file upload just gives an error,

Another useful app from Immigration.

2 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

My Google accounts are U.S. based, and I don't see it either when I search Google Play on my accounts...

But I did find the following:

TM6:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=th.go.immigration.etm6

Immigration E Services for Foreigners:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=th.go.immigration.immeService

The author of both is listed as "immigration Bureau."  Can someone else who sees it advise who the author is listed as for the TM30 app???

The owner is immigration bureau.  From the url, I can find it on my pc but it says that it is incompatible with my devices.  Normally I can install to my phone from the play store on my PC.  My phone is about the most compatible phone there is, a Goggle Pixel with Android 9. Searching the play store from my phone, i cannot find it.

On 5/17/2019 at 7:37 AM, Jingthing said:

So you've obviously been getting annual retirement extensions in Thailand. So you started with an O-A. Applying for retirement extensions in Thailand would have been EXACTLY the same process if you had started with an O. So you don't need 800K in your bank account. So you've obviously been using either the income method or the combo method.

On 5/17/2019 at 8:02 AM, JTXR said:

Parsve, for your extensions, what did you show the IOs with regard to financial information?

On 5/17/2019 at 8:50 AM, Jingthing said:

HUH?!?

What is wrong exactly? 

I assumed you have been using the income method for extensions. I was correct, not wrong.

If you wish to continue to get extensions based on INCOME, the bank method requirements are totally irrelevant to you or anyone else applying based on INCOME only. Also it's irrelevant if you started with an O or O-A -- the extension rules are 100 percent the SAME.

To add if you're one of the unlucky ones from a nation that has a non-performing embassy as far as income letters going forward, then if you want to continue using the income method, you must follow the MONTHLY IMPORT rules for such income applications when you can't get an embassy letter. In that sense the income method has changed for those people. 

And from July 1, if I am remembering it right, those with an O-A (O-A is a visa you get outside Thailand, whiles O is a visa you get inside) and over 50, you have, if you, came before or arrived on O-A after July 1 you need to show up that you have an insurance, with O, you not need. 

15 minutes ago, TonyR101 said:

If you look at the online form you will clearly see that one of the options is "Possessor".  The onus is always on whomever the IO says it is on. 

8 minutes ago, AAArdvark said:

If you look at the online form you will clearly see that one of the options is "Possessor".  The onus is always on whomever the IO says it is on. 

I get your point but think the intention is that whoever allow the foreigner to stay at a place have to do the reporting, unless the foreigner himself owns the place.

A foreigner will, I hope, never be fined if a hotel do not submit a TM30 to the Immigration Department even if he have "possession" of the room.

5 hours ago, MRToMRT said:

"House owners, heads of household, landlords or managers of hotels who accommodate foreign nationals on a temporary basis who stay in the kingdom legally, must notify the local immigration authorities within 24 hours from the time of arrival of the foreign national via Mobile Application"

So theres really no need for a foreigner to report themselves, it implies?

The description of who reports is unequivocally clear in the list of those who must report, as is the imperative to do so within 24 hours without vaguery, defined as in the use of the word “must”. The use of this word does not supply interpretation or query.

The vagueries comes from Immigrstion Dept not having an enforcement protocol that is consistent and is actualised across the board, and in IO’s trying it on to get the foreigner to pay a fine as a de facto for renters not reporting their inhabiting their property.

id like to see some cashes up falang go into immigration n the attempt to shake them down for a landlords tardiness and the falang with their lawyer to go straight for the jugular of the IO that tries to fleece them.

Now that would make a great TV article !!!!!

36 minutes ago, AAArdvark said:

The owner is immigration bureau.  From the url, I can find it on my pc but it says that it is incompatible with my devices.  Normally I can install to my phone from the play store on my PC.  My phone is about the most compatible phone there is, a Goggle Pixel with Android 9. Searching the play store from my phone, i cannot find it.

Same here. I tried on my PC with both a Thai and then a U.S. IP address... I tried on my U.S. purchased Android phone and then on my Thai purchased Android phone, both with recent OS versions. And no dice on any of those... Got the same incompatible message on all....

The only common thread among all those devices, AFAIK, is they all have non-Thai based Google accounts...

Pretty smart of Thai Immigration to create an Android app for TM30 reporting in Thailand, and then configure it so it can't be accessed by non Thai Google accounts!!!!   Unless, of course, they only meant it to be used by Thai owners/landlords.

14 minutes ago, Tropposurfer said:

The vagueries comes from Immigrstion Dept not having an enforcement protocol that is consistent and is actualised across the board, and in IO’s trying it on to get the foreigner to pay a fine as a de facto for renters not reporting their inhabiting their property.

And I think there are a couple of reasons for non enforcement. 1. It's a nice little earner for IOs to keep it vague and entrap farangs 2. The immigration law sections themselves make no sense in this day and age and immigration just ignores it as Thais tend to do.

Neither of these is going to get better anytime soon. Enjoy the tropical paradise.

18 minutes ago, pattjock said:

I get your point but think the intention is that whoever allow the foreigner to stay at a place have to do the reporting, unless the foreigner himself owns the place.

A foreigner will, I hope, never be fined if a hotel do not submit a TM30 to the Immigration Department even if he have "possession" of the room.

AFAICT from the various reports here, LOTS of farang condo and apartment renters going for their annual extensions of stay are being fined at BKK CW Immigration because the OWNERS of those units haven't done their TM30 reporting....   But not much about the OWNERS....

Immigration mainly seems to be collecting the cash from the tenants who they have under their thumbs...and not the landlords who may never have to show up to the local Immigration office for anything.

2 hours ago, robertson468 said:

Seen it, done it, use it already.  Very easy.  If you fail to report Guests you could be in for a fine of 8,000 baht per Guest for first offence as happened to one Owner on Koh samui who had several people staying in his residence........sort of cut his net takings a bit!

Very useful development and thanks to OP for highlighting.

I've successfully downloaded the app on my iPhone (i needed to change my Region in the App store first) and it opens fine.

I can complete most of the information Ok but have a problem when asked to "Attach File" 

I've no idea what I should be attaching at this point. Can anyone advise please. Thanks in advance.

foreigners owners, be careful, this is an easy way to track down the people without working permit and/or retirement extension of stay and renting on daily basis.... catch 22,  know somebody that was caught

My condo office does report my arrival online as soon as I arrive.She gives me a print out where my name ,and any other ( people who arrive the same day ) is stated. Now certain here are  saying  I don’t have to go to the immigration to report my arrival myself as well ?  But when I ask for an extension of my tourist visa Jomtień asks’for the notification of address slip of paper ??? So, what to do ? Who is right ? ( ps I normally always  report myself the next day of arriving as well ) 

Archived