VIDEO: Foreigner caught on camera stealing 20,000 baht lobster from Pattaya restaurant

Jonathan Fairfield

4 hours ago, faraday said:

I'm damn sure he's not British though; we wouldn't dream of being like that. :laugh:

On second thoughts, maybe he is Blitish; Brexit has messed up the £ & we can't afford Robster.....

The camera footage is a bit grainy, but I don't think he's got Brexit ears.

• Haha 2

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

23 hours ago, Justgrazing said:

What's the difference between a lobster and a China man run over by a bus .? 

One's a crustacean and the others a crushed-asian .. 

Dude goes with a £10 night lady and contracts crabs .. When he see's her again to complain she laughed " what did you want for a tenner Lobsters .! " 

I say, I say, I say. My dog's got no nose.

How does he smell?

Terrible!

• Haha 1

20k baht or 600usd . is the price for a japanese giant rainbow lobster at the restaurant in japan

normal price 11 - 15 usd / lb and dont think that weighed in excess of 30 pounds.

Edited by atyclb

8 hours ago, BestB said:

Would love to know how they determined he was Russian from

this video ?

he was not wearing Speedo’s or captains hat or Navy shirt or holding Russian flag or carrying bottle of vodka 

Thais regard Russians as white trash rightly or wrongly. I would say it is more towards the class thing than strictly nationality. I had met wealthy and well behaved Russians and mainland Chinese in Thailand. 

Edited by Ctkong

3 minutes ago, observer90210 said:

Unacceptable to steal others property of course. But are people that stupid to pay THB 20'000 in Thailand for a lobster ? Even in St Tropez or Monaco one could get that for less...

Spiny Lobster price here is around tb 1500 per kilo. Crabs around tb1000 per kilo. Large Shrimps around tb 800 per kilo. Cost price. Maybe she was quoting restaurant selling price. 

9 minutes ago, Ctkong said:

Thais regard Russians as white trash rightly or wrongly. I would say it is more towards the class thing than strictly nationality. I had met wealthy and well behaved Russians and mainland Chinese in Thailand. 

Very true. Thais now do not look any more at one's nationality or one's skin colour. They plainly judge people by dress apperance and from the size of one's wallet.

16 minutes ago, observer90210 said:

Unacceptable to steal others property of course. But are people that stupid to pay THB 20'000 in Thailand for a lobster ? Even in St Tropez or Monaco one could get that for less...

you'd be hard pressed to pay 20k baht (600) usd at upscale seafood places in da nang where they have dozens of tanks with flown in seafood from all around the world. puts those pattaya restaurants to shame

Screen Shot 2019-06-02 at 18.16.58.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

With the value of the lobster and shrimp places at more than 20,000 baht, I'm not sure who is the bigger thief the restaurant ore the Russian. :coffee1:

15 hours ago, Bundooman said:

Anyone charging 20K Baht for lobster is 'stealing' as well. In this case - no sympathy!

I got the impression the total bag was worth 20,000 baht, not a single lobster. Perhaps an inflated figure if bought from the market, and rather too exact to be believed. Can't say I am familiar with the price of it anyhow, sort of gave up when I saw how much they went for at the over-the-sea tourist restaurants, where apparently you are obliged to still pay the full price even if it has gone off!

On 6/1/2019 at 9:58 AM, jacko45k said:

Who leaves 20,000 baht worth of anything lying around?

What else for the restaurant owner to do - take the lobsters and schrimps with him in bed or put them in a waterproof safe … ? ...

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, ttrd said:

What else for the restaurant owner to do - take the lobsters and schrimps with him in bed or put them in a waterproof safe … ? ...

He left them sitting around in plastic bags, I suggest the fridge indoors!

Duh!

Edited by jacko45k

On 6/2/2019 at 9:24 AM, BestB said:

Would love to know how they determined he was Russian from

this video ?

he was not wearing Speedo’s or captains hat or Navy shirt or holding Russian flag or carrying bottle of vodka 

Translation error.

He was rushin' away from the crime scene.

Where's Dimitri with our dinner? The good guys out, bad guys in.

Is that what they wanted? I bet three lobsters that they've made the wrong decision to "outlaw" people like us. 

Edited by Isaanbiker
Grabbing a cold one