Donald Trump wades into Britain's Brexit crisis

webfact

3 hours ago, bluesofa said:

Do you mean you don't those coloured birds in, only white ones?

I think Kittenkong is referring to the WWII era classic song by Vera Lynn where she sings 'There'll be bluebirds over the white cliffs of Dover.'

• Haha 1

I would like to see Corbyn in Number 10, if only for his disgust with Trump. I'm damned sure he would not have permitted a state visit....prostituting the queen and all for the orange dotard's vanity. Sickening.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, soalbundy said:

Yeah, like he has to forgo the open carriage ride with the queen because of expected protests and 10,000 British police have to be on duty to protect him, on top of the hundreds of his own security guards, a British broadcaster has been taking the mickey about his unpopularity.

Think that is more to do with English weather and a possible bad hair day....

23 minutes ago, Dumbastheycome said:

I can not help but wonder what the Queen will have to say given an opportune moment. Her Majesty is not without wry and pointed wit on occasion.

Her husband is even better ????

Related image

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Pedrogaz said:

I would like to see Corbyn in Number 10, if only for his disgust with Trump. I'm damned sure he would not have permitted a state visit....prostituting the queen and all for the orange dotard's vanity. Sickening.

It was the Queen who invited Trump to the UK

• Like 1

1 hour ago, animalmagic said:
4 hours ago, bluesofa said:

Do you mean you don't those coloured birds in, only white ones?

I think Kittenkong is referring to the WWII era classic song by Vera Lynn where she sings 'There'll be bluebirds over the white cliffs of Dover.'

Oh right, my mistake.

38 minutes ago, Krataiboy said:

If you don't get a fair deal, you walk away.

Thanks, Mr President. Got it in one. Big contrast to his globalist predecessor, whining at us to stay in the EU at all costs.

And of course, dealing directly with the USA -which is about 10 times more powerful than UK, and represents the interests of most of the world's largest multinationals- will result in less influence of globalism in UK. 

????

Edited by candide
  • Haha 2

17 minutes ago, rudi49jr said:

That may be true, but wry and pointed wit is totally wasted on someone like Trump, he only understands small and simple words and things like irony and sarcasm (and dry English humor) are way over his head.

I am sure a small and simple translation would be forthcoming......perhaps post visit !????

• Haha 2

26 minutes ago, rudi49jr said:

How do you suppose The Donald would react if, say, Angela Merkel were to start advising him publicly about ‘the wall’, and trade tariffs and such things? Don’t you think he would tell Merkel to mind her own business? 

No, he's far too much of a gentleman. And definitely too smart to take advice on keeping unwanted migrants out by a former Communist who let in a million in one year!

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

23 minutes ago, Srikcir said:

Except when Trump shutdown the U.S. government for 30 days over a bipartisan congressional budget he didn't like, only to cave completely and sign a budget that was even less favorable to his administration than the one he rejected!

Well, you can't win every time with the walk-away tactic. But without it, you are Daniel in the lion's den.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, dick dasterdly said:

I agree, but the eu/may deal is only good for the eu.....

your opinion, maybe others have a different one. By living the EU you don't expect the UK to have same deal as they have if staying, sure something has to be different and by being different it will be challenged and criticized, impossible to please everybody, thus compromising is a must but when compromising the same problems raise and (again) not everyone will agree with that either, knife with 2 edges

• Like 1