can the pound hold 39bt

3 minutes ago, AlexRich said:

Really? You think “no deal” Brexit will see GBP soar? Watch out for flying pigs!

bullie ????  with a name like that he just had to be a brexiteer ????  

• Haha 2

On 6/3/2019 at 9:46 PM, KiChakayan said:

Are you talking about one of the most competitive economies in Europe. I know, Rowan Sebastian Atkinson is going to be PM, but where are the unemployed? You have to go to retire in France to see them.

I hope that you didn't mean the UK with the most competitive economy?

What does the UK export these days? They've lost Rolls Royce and a lot more. The unemployment rate fell to a 44 year low in 2018. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Isaanbiker said:

I hope that you didn't mean the UK with the most competitive economy?

What does the UK export these days? They've lost Rolls Royce and a lot more. The unemployment rate fell to a 44 year low in 2018. 

Zero hour contracts , shame on UK ..

19 minutes ago, DougM said:

Most brexiteers have probably never left their own little corner of England and have no notion of how the pound is comparing to foreign currencies.

Why should they be concerned about the exchange rate ?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, sanemax said:

Why should they be concerned about the exchange rate ?

If you live outside the UK and earn GBP you've got a lot less to spend. If you stay in the UK and GBP continues to fall then items that you buy from overseas will be more expensive. 

You're economically worse off. 

Edited by AlexRich
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, hello55060 said:

Mark Carney to steady the ship on Thursday ????

first thing he will do with a no deal is cut interest rates to zero in 3 stages,each time the pound will lose around 1% to add to the 6-8% drop on halloween,good thing is with the pound falling earlier than expected 10% of 35 is only 3.5 ????

2 hours ago, DougM said:

Most brexiteers have probably never left their own little corner of England and have no notion of how the pound is comparing to foreign currencies.

many havent left their own corner in spoons.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, bomber said:

first thing he will do with a no deal is cut interest rates to zero in 3 stages,each time the pound will lose around 1% to add to the 6-8% drop on halloween,good thing is with the pound falling earlier than expected 10% of 35 is only 3.5 ????

This entire thread is filled with you gloating about how the pound is doing badly. Why are you so happy about Britain doing badly?

You are Thaivisa's answer to Lord Haw Haw.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, nkg said:

This entire thread is filled with you gloating about how the pound is doing badly. Why are you so happy about Britain doing badly?

You are Thaivisa's answer to Lord Haw Haw.

gloating because its gone exactly as i predicted 3 years ago,project correct prediction,i do like to see the brexit voting expats have a rough time,not that there are many on here,yet again we have another reference to Germany,get over it man it was 80 years ago,move on and get over it

Edited by bomber
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, bomber said:

gloating because its gone exactly as i predicted 3 years ago,project correct prediction,i do like to see the brexit voting expats have a rough time,not that there are many on here,yet again we have another reference to Germany,get over it man it was 80 years ago,move on and get over it

Lord Haw Haw wasn't a German, he was a traitor.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, bomber said:

If I showed your posts to some of the British soldiers who fought in World War 2, what do you think they would say?

Do you think they would congratulate you for your clever predictions?

Or maybe they would wonder why you took so much pleasure in rubbishing your own country. I don't think those old soldiers would share in your glee at Britain's problems.

Brexiteers and Remainers alike want to see Britain recover from its present position. Do you? Or are you enjoying gloating too much?

• Like 2

Just now, nkg said:

If I showed your posts to some of the British soldiers who fought in World War 2, what do you think they would say?

Or maybe they would wonder why you took so much pleasure in rubbishing your own country. I don't think those old soldiers would share in your glee at Britain's problems.

Brexiteers and Remainers alike want to see Britain recover from its present position. Do you? Or are you enjoying gloating too much?

you will be struggling to find many alive but go for it,it just proves i was correct all along,your a sad individual who is still using brexit to try and prove a point about a war that finished 74 years ago,you have totally gone off the original topic in a sad pathetic way,your like a few others on here,TOTALLY PARANOID ABOUT GERMANY

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bomber said:

you will be struggling to find many alive but go for it,it just proves i was correct all along,your a sad individual who is still using brexit to try and prove a point about a war that finished 74 years ago,you have totally gone off the original topic in a sad pathetic way,your like a few others on here,TOTALLY PARANOID ABOUT GERMANY

So you don't want to see Britain recover, is that correct? You want Britain to suffer so that you can prove you were right about the collapse of the pound?

I am using the example of British WW2 soldiers as an example of men who loved their country. Then there are those who take every opportunity to ridicule their country ....

• Like 2

1 minute ago, nkg said:

It's present position was caused by the Brexiteers. Mainly because most of them don't have a brain betwixt them.

None of them have a clue as to what it likely to happen if we crash out of the EU without a deal.

The bleat on about EU regulations, without understanding that it brings us a lot of protections against predators.

Trump, for instance, is a predator. He will insist on us taking their sub-standard products in exchange for any kind of deal.

You can see how he behaves when he thinks he has any kind of leverage.

Much harder to behave in such a way against a European bloc. They can simply refuse to take the substandard products, ignoring Trump's cries of protectionism.

Against the U.K alone, he will most definitely insist that we accept these products or he will threaten with tariffs.

So many of the protections we have will simply disappear, because of the need to do a deal.

The simplistic are won over by nonsense claims of putting more money into the NHS from the money we give to the EU. Ridiculous.

The reality is that they are hoping that the EU will blink. Because without a deal, it's not a pretty picture.

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, nkg said:

So you don't want to see Britain recover, is that correct? You want Britain to suffer so that you can prove you were right about the collapse of the pound?

I am using the example of British WW2 soldiers as an example of men who loved their country. Then there are those who take every opportunity to ridicule their country ....

ze war is ova tommy,you cannot get it out of your head,its pretty easy to ridicule the UK even before brexit,ask any neutral on this board and they are baffled by our actions,i will continue to laff,you continue to live in the past.

2 minutes ago, bomber said:

ze war is ova tommy,you cannot get it out of your head,its pretty easy to ridicule the UK even before brexit,ask any neutral on this board and they are baffled by our actions,i will continue to laff,you continue to live in the past. 

Yes, have a good laugh at British WW2 veterans. Are you actually British yourself? Or just pretending?

I imagine you are more interested in the performance of a very different currency. Is that why you don't care about the pound, Comrade Bomber?

16 minutes ago, JamJar said:

It's present position was caused by the Brexiteers. Mainly because most of them don't have a brain betwixt them.

None of them have a clue as to what it likely to happen if we crash out of the EU without a deal.

The bleat on about EU regulations, without understanding that it brings us a lot of protections against predators.

Trump, for instance, is a predator. He will insist on us taking their sub-standard products in exchange for any kind of deal.

Much harder to behave in such a way against a European bloc. They can simply refuse to take the substandard products, ignoring Trump's cries of protectionism.

Against the U.K alone, he will most definitely insist that we accept these products or he will threaten with tariffs.

So many of the protections we have will simply disappear, because of the need to do a deal.

The simplistic are won over by nonsense claims of putting more money into the NHS from the money we give to the EU. Ridiculous.

The reality is that they are hoping that the EU will blink. Because without a deal, it's not a pretty picture.

if ya dont like the EU ya aint gonna like trump,the UK will never produce much to sell to america,the majority of our manufacturing is geared up to EU standards/specs and in general everything is similar to ours,the US is a different animal altogether and it would take decades to adapt,you only have to look at their cars,trucks,motorhomes etc,we are not going to conquer iam afraid.Best off protecting what we have already.

20 minutes ago, JamJar said:

I'm sorry, but there is plenty of blame to be shared around. Lots of idiotic politicians from all parties led the UK to its current predicament.

I don't trust the EU or any of Britain's political parties to extricate the UK from this situation.

6 minutes ago, nkg said:

Yes, have a good laugh at British WW2 veterans. Are you actually British yourself? Or just pretending?

I imagine you are more interested in the performance of a very different currency. Is that why you don't care about the pound, Comrade Bomber?

British born and bred,as for Labour i detest them,ive said on here for a long time brexit will give us corbyn and then its a double whammy.