can the pound hold 39bt

7 minutes ago, mvsaraburi said:

said it repeatedly on here, say hello to 30/1 very soon.  it won't need a 'strong baht'.  the pound is a complete basket case now.  if you can move money out of sterling now and into baht do so, because, come the end of year you'll be 20% up.

Don't you just love a good ol' knee jerk reaction

• Haha 1

If you accept that Brexit is purely destructive, then this is the only way it can go. No deal, massive devaluation in sterling, people’s lives destroyed, maximum destruction. 

I can quite imagine them queuing up for drinking water at a communal tap

“yeah, but look at the Euro!”

Trump in the Whitehouse and Johnson running the UK. People wonder why currencies are doing badly?

Yes, Brexit caused a major loss in the value of the pound and it could get worse if there is no deal - which Johnson seems set on. Hopefully the pound will begin to recover when the Brexit things is settled - it could get worse for a while if there is no deal though.

But long term there is a more serious risk to western currencies, I'm no expert but I listen to what the experts say. At the moment it appears that the biggest threat is that of a world recession caused by the Trump initiated trade wars between the US and China - there has already been a small slowdown. Trump is also having a go at US/EU trade now!

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, KhaoYai said:

But long term there is a more serious risk to western currencies, I'm no expert but I listen to what the experts say. At the moment it appears that the biggest threat is that of a world recession caused by the Trump initiated trade wars between the US and China - there has already been a small slowdown. Trump is also having a go at US/EU trade now!

you don't have to listen to experts as a little logical thinking shows clearly that Trump's behaviour is a threat to the global economy. but this threat has no impact or is a risk to western currencies.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Naam said:

but this threat has no impact or is a risk to western currencies

I can't work out your thinking on that one. In mid 2007 - before the recent world recession the pound was trading in the low to mid 60's. By the end of the recession - 8 years later, it was down in the low 50's. And you say slowdown's have no risk to western currencies?

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Jip99 said:

Gloat while you can, you sad person.

Teddy had the sense to buy at a much higher rate ????

he didnt state that on here or are you speaking on his behalf to make yourself feel better? seems odd the number one brexiteer on here knew what was coming,i smell a rat and a pile of porkies.

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Jip99 said:

Gloat while you can, you sad person.

Teddy had the sense to buy at a much higher rate ????

where is he? i think he has returned to reap the rewards of brexit? he could be down spoons ????????

• Haha 1

On 6/3/2019 at 2:33 PM, AlexRich said:

A lot will depend on Brexit ... if that goes badly then it will get worse against the Baht, Euro and US Dollar. 

If Article 50 is revoked you’ll be back to 50.

Silly man. It's the pound that will be pounded straight up the gazoo, the Euro can only revive from the current british try at a stranglehold.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, bomber said:

he didnt state that on here or are you speaking on his behalf to make yourself feel better? seems odd the number one brexiteer on here knew what was coming,i smell a rat and a pile of porkies.

Don’t be so obnoxious by making up lies.... a bit of a trait with whining remoaners like yourself.

The fact that Teddy cashed out in better times in none of your business.

1 minute ago, Jip99 said:

Don’t be so obnoxious by making up lies.... a bit of a trait with whining remoaners like yourself.

The fact that Teddy cashed out in better times in none of your business.

you told me his business i wasnt aware he was a financial wizard,i think he is your hero ????  you should get him to buy you a bar,i hear you cannot loose with a bar ????

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, sammieuk1 said:

Its falling like a stone against the Turkish lira one of the 3 worst performing currencies in the world and 25% since bolocksit????

hows it doing against the mauritanian ouguiya,the only nation on the planet that operates solely on WTO rules,our new partners and masters ????

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, KhaoYai said:

I can't work out your thinking on that one. In mid 2007 - before the recent world recession the pound was trading in the low to mid 60's. By the end of the recession - 8 years later, it was down in the low 50's. And you say slowdown's have no risk to western currencies?

you are missing the context of my comment which was the claim "Trump... Trade war... = risk to western currencies". in trade wars or an economic crisis all participants lose but that does not necessarily mean their currencies lose equally.

and that applies to your pick "GBP THB mid 60s" too as both UK and Thailand suffered because of the 2008 crisis.

10 minutes ago, bomber said:

you told me his business i wasnt aware he was a financial wizard,i think he is your hero ????  you should get him to buy you a bar,i hear you cannot loose with a bar ????

You are a rambling fool.

26 minutes ago, ThePioneer said:

image.png.290e72213a9447948c7486750f5aa9da.png

through my rose tinted glasses that looks near enough 50 to me,whats 12-13 baht,some service girls pull faces at such a small tip like that these days. 

On 7/12/2019 at 5:03 PM, sanemax said:

I moved to Portugal , where is the place that I can get 3 euros to the Pound ?

The place that you told me about that gives 3 Euros to the Pound  ?

Exsuse me , does Portugal have many lady bar , same same thailand..555

Edited by elliss

10 minutes ago, bomber said:

through my rose tinted glasses that looks near enough 50 to me,whats 12-13 baht,some service girls pull faces at such a small tip like that these days. 

Tip less than 40 bht , they never serve you beer again, or take care you,,sure. 

Koun john ,  aka cheap charlie   no good , no take care lady bar..

They know , you know..555

Edited by elliss

52 minutes ago, Bullie said:

Silly man. It's the pound that will be pounded straight up the gazoo, the Euro can only revive from the current british try at a stranglehold.

Really? You think “no deal” Brexit will see GBP soar? Watch out for flying pigs!

• Like 1