can the pound hold 39bt

6 hours ago, Jajazazajaja said:

Seriously, you are blaming Carney for the devaluation of the pound?

wow, that’s a completely new level

of bull****

That's not what I said. Carney's input has had its influence since the referendum - obviously not the main reason for the pound weakening but he does not help.

Let's see how the Euro does over the next few months before you all get too excited. 

Edited by nauseus
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, Jajazazajaja said:

Seriously, you are blaming Carney for the devaluation of the pound?

wow, that’s a completely new level

of bull****

Not BS at all.. Open your eyes and when he talks garbage which he does 100% of the time then watch the pound fall.. It really does everytime.. This man has been pissing me off for the last 3 years.. He needs to keep his mouth shut .. He is wrong everytime.

• Like 1

Just tried to use one of those $, £ and € multi-currency ATM's while passing through Heathrow - £/$ exchange rate was 1.01.

I know those machines have a poor exchange rate, but still ????

But loads of foreign tourists taking advantage of the low Pound.

3 hours ago, nauseus said:

That's not what I said. Carney's input has had its influence since the referendum - obviously not the main reason for the pound weakening but he does not help.

Let's see how the Euro does over the next few months before you all get too excited. 

I don’t care how the euro does. I don’t get any comfort from the fact Brexit is harming the EU as well as the UK

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Huayrat said:

Not BS at all.. Open your eyes and when he talks garbage which he does 100% of the time then watch the pound fall.. It really does everytime.. This man has been pissing me off for the last 3 years.. He needs to keep his mouth shut .. He is wrong everytime.

You read some rubbish on here, dont you?

I guess Carney doesn’t “believe” enough, right?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 6/20/2019 at 5:04 AM, Kwasaki said:

Amazing 22 pages of fortune tellers. :coffee1:

On 6/20/2019 at 5:26 AM, nauseus said:

Yes. What would you like to know? ????

It makes a difference if an individual has taken or intends taking a significant currency position as a result of forwards projection. Even doing nothing ie sitting on sterling is a position. Three years of net decline since the referendum.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jajazazajaja said:

You read some rubbish on here, dont you?

I guess Carney doesn’t “believe” enough, right?

Just about sums up Brexiteer logic ... we’re not hitting those sunny uplands we were promised because “remoaners” are dragging us down. Never seems to occur to them that they are reaping what they have sowed?

5 minutes ago, AlexRich said:

Just about sums up Brexiteer logic ... we’re not hitting those sunny uplands we were promised because “remoaners” are dragging us down. Never seems to occur to them that they are reaping what they have sowed?

We havent left the EU though , had we left the EU things may be better now .

You mention Brexiteers logic , but you are doing exactly the same as them , as you have no idea how things would be , had we left three years ago 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, sanemax said:

We havent left the EU though , had we left the EU things may be better now .

You mention Brexiteers logic , but you are doing exactly the same as them , as you have no idea how things would be , had we left three years ago 

Same old Max .... there’s always an excuse ... keep spinning that Brexit fantasy. The whole thing has been a mess and looks likely to get messier. 

Just now, AlexRich said:

Same old Max .... there’s always an excuse ... keep spinning that Brexit fantasy. The whole thing has been a mess and looks likely to get messier. 

I did not make any excuse though and I also didnt spin any fantasy .

I merely stated that we havent left the EU yet and no one can say what the economic  situation would be like now, had we left the EU three years ago 

• Haha 1

On 7/3/2019 at 4:20 AM, roadrunner32 said:

Thai Baht is the problem. Of course the pound has his own trouble due to the brexit but the Baht is growing up against all western currencies for a while and it seems not to want to stop.  I wonder why no one take action against that? That is right?  Is that everything ok for the thai central bank and for  thai  authorities too? They have the power to stop and to reverse it. Why don't they do it? Apparently  for some dark reason of which it's not given us to know, it is ok for them.

the Thai Baht is your problem Mate and no action is taken because obviously the Bank of Thailand and other authorities think that everything is ok. you are right "they" could reverse it but it's not an easy procedure and the only dark reason why it is not reversed is created by bar stool talk (because for a bottle of Singha, Chang, Heineken or the fee of a working Lady more $, £, €, AUD have to be shelled out) backed by wishful thinking and wet dreams of expats who derive their income in $, £, €, AUD and have problems to make ends meet. 

15 minutes ago, Naam said:

the Thai Baht is your problem Mate and no action is taken because obviously the Bank of Thailand and other authorities think that everything is ok. you are right "they" could reverse it but it's not an easy procedure and the only dark reason why it is not reversed is created by bar stool talk (because for a bottle of Singha, Chang, Heineken or the fee of a working Lady more $, £, €, AUD have to be shelled out) backed by wishful thinking and wet dreams of expats who derive their income in $, £, €, AUD and have problems to make ends meet. 

The Thai Government is aware that Thai exports are and will be affected. There has been a subtle drop in the baht (v USD) this week, while the dollar has also weakened against some other currencies (not the pound of course) and this is rare. But the Bank of Thailand is limited in what it can do on it's own.

45 minutes ago, nauseus said:

The Thai Government is aware that Thai exports are and will be affected. There has been a subtle drop in the baht (v USD) this week, while the dollar has also weakened against some other currencies (not the pound of course) and this is rare. But the Bank of Thailand is limited in what it can do on it's own.

i see a subtle strengthening of THB/USD.

usdthb 10d.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

[quote post="14312343" But the Bank of Thailand is limited in what it can do on it's own.

The BoT has a as any national/central a bunch of possibilities to influence their currency.

- cut interest rates
- buy foreign currencies/sell THB
- buy foreign bonds
- restrict foreign currency inflows

But all this would make the Thai elite poorer, so not in their books.

Time for a new George Soros.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, CLS said:

[quote post="14312343" But the Bank of Thailand is limited in what it can do on it's own.

The BoT has a as any national/central a bunch of possibilities to influence their currency.

- cut interest rates 
- buy foreign currencies/sell THB
- buy foreign bonds
- restrict foreign currency inflows

But all this would make the Thai elite poorer, so not in their books.

Time for a new George Soros.

Most of your "possibilities" are not suited to this economy at this time.

Foreign reserves are already high v GDP, they do not need to buy foreign currency.

They just limited a Thai debt issue.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AlexRich said:

no,they are reaping the situation created by remoaners who don,t want to  respect a democratic vote,and politicians putting their own pathetic egos and personal financial circumstances before that of their duty to the citizens,until  we are out things cannot start to get better,forget the uk for one minute and look at the rest  of the eu,do,es anyone honestly think it will survive once the uks gone?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

On 6/4/2019 at 1:45 PM, Estrada said:

The Pound will fall to B30-35 after a hard Brexit crash out and stay around 39-40 id a soft Brexit. It will rise to B50 if we remain. I warned the Brexiteer economic suicide squad here at the time after they voted to leave and the Pound fell 20%. They then told me "don't worry it will climb back up within 3 weeks! Currently I am losing 27% of my pension's values compared to when the Conservatives first announced a referendum.

The High Baht has also take effect on the £ as with the US. AUD & CAN $ as well as the Euro all are down about 20%, I remember when the £ was around 65 then in 2008 the banking crises happened which hammered the £ & it started to drop to 50 then high/mid 40's, then Brexit in 2016 which sent the £ down further it's going to take a long time or I may not see it in my lifetime to see the £ go back up to the 60's again. 

• Like 1

Most of your "possibilities" are not suited to this economy at this time.

Foreign reserves are already high v GDP, they do not need to buy foreign currency.

They just limited a Thai debt issue.

TH at 40% of GDP
CH at 108% of GDP

But fight against currency appreciation comes with a risk.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, worgeordie said:

37 +few satang at Bangkok bank this morning,

the heading needs to be now ,will the £ hold 37 !!!

regards Worgeordie

NO..

End of year , 35 bht ..

Edited by elliss