'Trump baby' balloon to fly outside British parliament as big protests expected

webfact

11 hours ago, sanemax said:

It was actually  the Russians who defeated the Nazis, on the Eastern front 

Dont often see that in the Hollywood movies though

At last someone speaks truth! thank you USA for all you did but UK held out and Russians won the war not the Hollywood USA.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, kingdong said:

if the usa hadn,t helped us in ww2 you wouldn,t have a blimp flying over westminster you,d have had a swastika.

Explain how that could have happened without air nor naval superiority.

For the Germans to have flown their flag anywhere in the UK would first have required their actually being in the country other than as POWs because the only Germans who ever set foot on British soil in either world war were or soon became POWs.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, BobBKK said:

You used that analogy first by extrapolating the 25,000 into all of Britain. My point is any POTUS is welcome in my country as its honouring our relationship and nothing to do with the man (or woman). We know your politics.

I haven't actually "used that analogy", nor extrapolated anything regarding number of protestors. Kindly stop making up posts and views. Whether you like to acknowledge it or not, Trump's approval ratings in the UK (and most countries, including the USA) aren't favorable.

You may claim "nothing to do with the man" - obviously protestors feel otherwise.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, yogi100 said:

The 'huge silent majority' that are too busy working, have no problem with him, support him and welcome him into our country or are indifferent and the 'rent a mob' crowd like the bunch of left wing layabouts who are only too evident in the photos and videos shrieking 'nazi scum' into the faces of his supporters.

So no actual facts there, just the same old rant. Could you possibly support the "huge silent majority" claim with anything other than that? Same goes for the "rent a mob" bit? Yeah...thought so.

6 minutes ago, OtinPattaya said:

Trump may be a baby, and have an inflated ego--nobody really denies that--but I'd submit that that's better having a throng of London-esque professional political cowards that could give two sh!ts about what is ACTUALLY best for the people of Great Britain. 

That's absurd. You're comparing the most powerful person in the world to everyday people exercising their freedom to protest. Makes no sense at all! 

8 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

That's absurd. You're comparing the most powerful person in the world to everyday people exercising their freedom to protest. Makes no sense at all! 

Exactly what's absurd? Nobody is disputing anyone's right to protest. When did say I otherwise? Are you saying that a political leader should have lesser rights expressing his or her own opinions than the average citizen?

Edited by OtinPattaya
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, OtinPattaya said:

Exactly what's absurd? Nobody is disputing anyone's right to protest. When did say I otherwise? Are you saying that a political leader should have lesser rights expressing his or her own opinions than the average citizen?

Don't know what Jingthing is saying, but IMO, yes, a political leader has lesser rights. That's called diplomacy.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, yogi100 said:

But neither have any other presidents who've been elected who were of a generation that would have allowed them to have served in WW2 or any previous wars. Obama did not, Bush Jnr did not and nor did the peanut farmer.

And was the Vietnam conflict actually a declared 'war' like WW1 and WW2 or was it just a matter of the US poking it's nose into another country's affairs that were none of its business like it did admittedly with our help in Iraq.

In actual fact many people around the world considered the USA had no business in Vietnam including apparently many of its own citizens. Many returning servicemen were publicly vilified especially after people became aware of the events at My Lai.

The US asked the UK to come and help out but the UK refused for what it considered to be justifiably moral reasons.

Perhaps Trump felt the same way but was too immature at the time to say so. I would not have gone if I could have got out of it and neither probably would you have either.

Yet Trump is picking fights that could see the US drawn into conflicts over issue more petty than Vietnam...

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, OtinPattaya said:

Mate, we're definitely not talking about the same thing. Stop smoking your dope and actually READ the post that you apparently have strong objections to. 

We are talking about the same thing and I don't smoke tobacco let alone dope thank you very much.

15 minutes ago, Basil B said:

Yet Trump is picking fights that could see the US drawn into conflicts over issue more petty than Vietnam...

But he's not started invading other countries yet has he.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, OtinPattaya said:

We as Americans have been hearing about how Trump is going to embroil, not only America, but the entire western world in bellicose conflict, since before he was even elected. Really? All I see is a very, very, very long after-due trade-war with China, something that should have started at least 3 administrations ago. And it would have been nice if you Brits, Canadians, and Euros, and especially the wonderfully useless French and Scandinavians, had backed us up on that. 

I'm sure the Candadians, Brits, Euros etc. would have backed getting tougher on China. It would have been a good idea though to not spoil the efforts by coming out with tariffs on Europe and Canada just as you want their cooperation.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Morch said:

So no actual facts there, just the same old rant. Could you possibly support the "huge silent majority" claim with anything other than that? Same goes for the "rent a mob" bit? Yeah...thought so.

I've just supplied the actual facts. 

Now you supply some 'actual facts' that disprove mine.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, OtinPattaya said:

We as Americans have been hearing about how Trump is going to embroil, not only America, but the entire western world in bellicose conflict, since before he was even elected. Really? All I see is a very, very, very long after-due trade-war with China, something that should have started at least 3 administrations ago. And it would have been nice if you Brits, Canadians, and Euros, and especially the wonderfully useless French and Scandinavians, had backed us up on that. 

He has started a Tit for Tat trade war that is spiralling out of control that may lead to conflict, he has not the decorum or diplomatic skills to resolve the trade war with the chinese who are just as pigheaded as him,

Talk about a Bull in China shop. 

2 minutes ago, yogi100 said:

I've just supplied the actual facts. 

Now you supply some 'actual facts' that disprove mine.

No. You asserted a whole lot of things without any actual support. Links referring to Trump's low approval ratings, in the UK and elsewhere appeared, I believe, on this topic. Certainly on many others. What you have on offer is an opinion about a "huge silent majority", and "rent a mob". There's nothing to "disprove".

On 6/5/2019 at 11:28 AM, Basil B said:

I do not know, but how many other draft dodgers became a president?

America has had a lot of presidents with distinguished war records

George H W Bush, Distinguished Flying Cross
Richard Nixon, Two Service Stars
Lyndon B Johnson, Silver Star
John F Kennedy, Navy and Marine Corps Medal and a Purple Heart
Theodore Roosevelt, Medal of Honor

Sending this Draft dodging senile fool to honor Americas "D-Day" fallen is an insult to them and their families.

Biden received student draft deferments during this period, at the peak of the Vietnam War, and in 1968, he was reclassified by the Selective Service System as not available for service due to having had asthma as a teenager.

College and religion were Romney’s reasons for deferments.

The saga of Bill Clinton and his draft status began with a student deferment in 1964, when he was studying at Georgetown. However, by 1968, the government ended deferments for grad students, and the Rhodes Scholar began maneuvering to avoid service.

According to a Snopes fact-check post, he used connections with the naval reserve and the draft board to sidestep service so he could attend Oxford. Later, Clinton signed up for the ROTC program in order to avoid being drafted — but never served there, either.

Cassius Clay, bernie sanders used conscience objector status

but keep up the outrage machine

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, stevenl said:

I'm sure the Candadians, Brits, Euros etc. would have backed getting tougher on China. It would have been a good idea though to not spoil the efforts by coming out with tariffs on Europe and Canada just as you want their cooperation.

"I'm sure the Candadians, Brits, Euros etc. would have backed getting tougher on China."

Then why haven't they? Over the last 3 decades? 

• Like 1