No rent for fire-affected vendors at Chatuchak market for a year

webfact

No rent for fire-affected vendors at Chatuchak market for a year

84d99c51154918c59abe8a17378250ec.jpg

BANGKOK, 5 June 2019 (NNT) - Police have continued to investigate Sunday’s fire at Chatuchak market which may have been caused by a short circuit. A sum of 10,000 baht in compensation payments will be provided to each of the affected vendors by Friday and no rent will be collected from them for a year.

Bangkok Governor Asawin Khwanmuang inspected the fire scene at Project 22 Soi 4 and Project 25 Soi 3, where 110 stall vendors have been affected. Each is entitled to the 10,000 baht compensation by Friday. Tents will be set up for temporary use by the affected vendors this week. New stalls will be built in four phases, each of which will have 27-28 stalls. The construction won’t take longer than two-months, and no rent will be collected from the affected vendors for a year.

The affected vendors are well satisfied with the compensation payment and assistance being provided by the Bangkok Metropolitan Administration. They have agreed to check power lines to prevent a repeat blaze. Sunday’s fire was the most severe in Chatuchak market in 30 years.

The Bangkok governor commented that the fire may have been caused by a short circuit due to the dilapidated power lines. Power lines in the market are yet to be thoroughly checked out. The fire scene has been cordoned off for safety reasons while the affected vendors have moved their damaged goods out of the way.

nnt_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright nnt 2019-06-05

i am waiting for some poor soul to drop dead at soi Bukhoe, market, has anyone noticed the power cables all on the ground some are just taped they are in a shocking state, next time you go there just be careful where you tread

12 minutes ago, mercman24 said:

i am waiting for some poor soul to drop dead at soi Bukhoe, market, has anyone noticed the power cables all on the ground some are just taped they are in a shocking state, next time you go there just be careful where you tread

And so many other places in LOS

I wonder how many people die per year from electrocution?

5 hours ago, watcharacters said:

Interesting topic from a legal standpoint.   

I wonder how many business owners have a clause in their lease exempting them from paying rent in the event of circumstances such as fire or floods and etc?

Presuming the have a written lease.. or they just pay cash on the night for rental?