Thanathorn: “We were robbed of victory!”

webfact

13 minutes ago, AGareth2 said:

given the numbers in the lower house

how long before this govt falls?

And maybe sooner than expected when more of the ems realize they have been conned and they fully realize they are supporting a planned dictatorship.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, scorecard said:

Some 'dems' might even jump ship in the near future as they realize that they have been conned, and If that happens and reduces the MP etc., numbers to a tipping point.

Meanwhile Khun Thanathorn has time to make lots of critical opportunities to explain to his followers and all of Thailand what's wrong, make them much more aware of their rights and responsibilities, explain why change is needed, what they are entitled to, what exactly must change and why etc. Step by step. 

Has the tipping point not been reached already at least 5 dem"s have resigned so does that reduce the number the pms the government have  and whats happened the the other 30 pm have they been suspended for media shares

22 minutes ago, scorecard said:

And maybe sooner than expected when more of the ems realize they have been conned and they fully realize they are supporting a planned dictatorship.

They're not stupid. They knew exactly what they are supporting and no doubt some will have slightly larger bank balances as a result. In Thai politics, most politicians seem to go for what suits them as individuals and not what's best for the country.

12 minutes ago, ocddave said:

I'll remember to quote you in the future, but I am pretty sure Abhisit did not resign for nothing, he did it to make sure he would HAVE a future. This is Thailand, nobody does anything here without first thinking themselves, not their countrymen.

He resigned NOW, because it means nothing NOW, because NOW he commands ZERO respect and ZERO support.

Dead duck.

Just a carcass swinging in the breeze.

He is, now, where he belongs.

Where he has always belonged,

out of the picture,

never to return,

an irrelevancy.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

The army guy who had set fire to a temple to drive away the previous abbot and unofficially appointed himself as abbot for 5 years is now officially an abbot after recruiting his own batch of monks.

What a strategist! 

Edited by EricTh
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Now that this is settled for now perhaps all the political scientists here can take their passions and direct them to their own 'utopias'. You know, all the countries that are so politically sound and are leading beacons for the the rest of the world to follow lol. Take a look at your own homelands, and then tell us all on how it should be. Maybe it's the frustration of seeing your country slowly going down the tube economically. Or maybe it's the precipitous fall of world influence your homestead is experiencing. Perhaps it's an immigration issue which is causing problems related to day to day security of your fellow countryman. With this election over for now at least now you can pull your fingers back from pointing at Thailand and maybe direct them to your own esteemed politicians. You know the ones that make this world a better place to live in? Wait, you don't have any that fit that description? Exactly. I guess that's why you get so excited at other nations political activities, because it's a little painful to look at your own. 

Edited by from the home of CC
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, robblok said:

How do you come to the numbers that more than half did not want Prayut.  Do show me i like to know. Because you can say that the democrats and the Bumyaithai voters did not want this but its their leaders that decide. They will be decimated in the next election if they went against their voters. Just the way it goes in other countries with coalitions. (i come from a country famous for its coalitions).

And yes I agree cheating went on with the small parties getting seats. 

As I said would rather have seen Thanathorn win but its not this way. Maybe its even better because the current government will have a lot of economic problems so next time the voting the current mob will be decimated. 

Unless they appoint 500 senators, and i  wouldn't be surprised.

2 hours ago, PatOngo said:

Well Duh! Did you just work that out?

The people will cry for freedom, cry for justice

I don't think they will. So long as they have rice to eat today, everything will be ok!

Unfortunately, yes - far too many surviving on a day to day basis with little hope of beating the problem. 

It will only ever improve when there isn't a bowl or 2 of rice each day. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, z42 said:

By far the dirtiest election i've ever seen. The silver lining is that the incompetence and mismanagement that will prevail in the coming years will make all of those associated with this ghastly pro-junta coalition completely unelectable in the future.

Thaksin is a completely spent force now. New players will win the day in the elections of the future

So maybe there is a silver lining to the dodgy outcome... 

We hope that the battles of a few years ago, reds against yellows, do not start again, now the other part would be the military and as we know they do not think twice about shooting!
I still hope that democracy can prevail!

Keep it civil and no personal remarks please.

7) You will respect fellow members and post in a civil manner. No personal attacks, hateful or insulting towards other members, (flaming) Stalking of members on either the forum or via PM will not be allowed.