Video: Large police and army contingent inspect Walking Street - no prostitution found!

webfact

5 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

They were only checking Walking Street! Very few WS bars or gogos have rooms on site available for sex, and those that do are likely to have been forewarned. All was in order.

Sent from my SM-A500F using Tapatalk

555555555 ... Thank goodness they walked manfully “;0)

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Were they really on walking street ??? Employ me and in 2 minutes i would have had their first prossy for them to charge. For <deleted> sake, did they think a prostitute is going to rub up against a cop or army guy and

tell them boom boom 1200bht, what a bunch of absolute <deleted>, really if it wasnt on video it would

be hard to believe this story. Oh well the family friendly resort is fit for families again. bring the kids and

wife and have a great time in walking street.

I think much of this is PR for the world. For better or worse, Thailand has traditionally tolerated many kinds of behavior that the west condemns or at least frowns upon. From my experience here over the years, Thais would have no problem ignoring many "offensive" or politically incorrect activities, but the western countries practice what you could call extraterritorial jurisdiction. That is, they often impose their laws and values on emerging countries with threats of economic sanctions or withholding of monetary aid as well as more subtle forms of hegemony. The pictures here, to me, serves as an example of how Thailand deals with prostitution. The "dragnet" pictured in this article I would say is an appropriate response to a ridiculous request. 

As many of those who went out for checking about prostitution in the prostitution city and land of smile are getting part of their income from those places where prostitution happens, how could they see or recognize anything?!??!?!??!

23 minutes ago, jingjai9 said:

I think much of this is PR for the world. For better or worse, Thailand has traditionally tolerated many kinds of behavior that the west condemns or at least frowns upon. From my experience here over the years, Thais would have no problem ignoring many "offensive" or politically incorrect activities, but the western countries practice what you could call extraterritorial jurisdiction. That is, they often impose their laws and values on emerging countries with threats of economic sanctions or withholding of monetary aid as well as more subtle forms of hegemony. The pictures here, to me, serves as an example of how Thailand deals with prostitution. The "dragnet" pictured in this article I would say is an appropriate response to a ridiculous request. 

Ah,that explains the recent  'democracy ' PR show for the world....

5 hours ago, HuskerDo said:

I understand that when the girls were asking tourists if they wanted "boom-boom" the police interpreted it as them offering to teach tourists how to play the drums. Seems totally legit. No prostitution found. Just music lessons. How much for a "flute" lesson?

Or a "piccolo" lesson for the locals?

And meanwhile in soi 6 ....
Yeah. Quite how soi 6 gets away with it, I don't know (friends in high places I think!). What most people don't understand is that gogos and massage parlours are licensed under the Entertainment Places Act which allows most of what goes on in the bar. The Act even stipulates that girls must wear numbers. It doesn't permit nudity or sex on the premises, hence the buzzers and quick "costume" changes when the police are on their way.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

5 hours ago, Crossy said:

I read the headline and promptly spat tea in my keyboard!!

"pro corner" computer repair shop at fortune mall, praram 9 is very good at fixing spit/h2o damaged keyboards

6 hours ago, webfact said:

Pattaya's finest have once again been unable to find any evidence of prostitution in Thailand's most famous red light district.

their time would be better spent doing "obesity checks" in the go go's

I agree , apparently a bar fine is paid , to cover the bar for the loss of staff  . ( that’s not prostitution. ) 

and whatever happens with the person and the ‘ girlfriend ‘ is up to them . ( not prostitution) 

unlike somewhere for example like Holland where prostitution is legal ofcourse .. they are in a shop window , and there’s a set price for sex . 

Archived