Two women injured in UK homophobic attack 'for refusing to kiss'

rooster59

Just now, ivor bigun said:

Another thing i find wrong is when people go straight to social media and post pictures,why did they have to do that?

As Warren Beatty said in the documentary In Bed With Madonna "if it's not on the Internet it didn't happen" (actually he said "on film" - the Internet wasn't around much back then). People are utterly obsessed with believing that their life has more meaning (or possibly any meaning) only if it's posted on Facebook etc.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Pedrogaz said:

How utterly strange. I'm not sure I buy into the gays-are great-meme and should be included in every TV program and movie. 

I have to be really honest, and say that men kissing makes me physically sick and I have to look away, but that is just a personal thing, I simply don't want or need to see it....seeing congealed bacon grease makes me retch and feel the same way. But I don't think they should be beaten up or denied jobs on the basis if their sexuality.

Lesbians kissing on the other hand is a true on for me. I simply cannot understand a male mind that does not find lesbians fascinating.

If the expression of my physical reactions causes me to be modded...I understand

"Lesbians kissing on the other hand is a true on for me."

Clearly their attackers felt the same way.....

• Like 2

Sadly, that's the case in other areas too.

I lived in Luton for a few years, and it was hard to distinguish between the white yobs (non-immigrant)/'black/moslem' yobs etc. 

They were all as bad as each other [emoji3525].
"Were you truly wafted here from paradise,no Luton airport"

Sent from my SM-A720F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

33 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

Because women aren't as physically strong as men....  But please continue with your argument that there is no problem with men assaulting women.....

Off topic,

Many Hollywood movies appear to suggest a lot of women are stronger than men.

Who am I to disagree with feminists and other strong, independent women.

On topic,

Can't really be bothered what happened to foreign women travelling alone late at night in a major city. Every sensible person knows these places aren't safe for women (or men for that matter) after dark. I don't know them, I don't care what happens to them.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, ivor bigun said:

No it was not,where are there statistics that say that,since mass immigration crime has rocketed,although much of the time its not recorded.

Info is current, you've got better empirical data than the Home Office?

• Like 1

Are you that vapid that you think they posted photos so they could show they are proud to be gay?

I was going to ask what is wrong with some of the people on this forum. Rubbish like this, another guy banging on about how he likes to see lesbians kissing, others going on about Hollywood movies and gay agendas... but they I thought, it is TVF, wouldn't expect anything less here
Well they do seem to be proud to show of their "queerness" as they are posting ,so my answer is yes that is why they posted .

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, ivor bigun said:

No it was not,where are there statistics that say that,since mass immigration crime has rocketed,although much of the time its not recorded.

It is a common perception that immigration is linked with increased crime rates. Most literature on the topic, however, refutes that simple view. The present research is no exception.

From this study: http://eprints.hud.ac.uk/id/eprint/34401/1/2 Ignatans and Roebuck.pdf

• Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Krataiboy said:

Why assume the assailants were falangs? They are described as "males" in the news report.

In general, Westerners are far more accepting of gays etc than Muslim countries like Pakistan, where the Mayor of London has his roots.

Careful, I already had a post removed for suggesting this.

I'm white and completely OK with gays, along with all my white pals.

As I already posted, I don't like seeing anyone kissing, not even me, but I can shut my eyes if I have to.

Holding hands or walking arm in arm, no problem.

Edited by BritManToo

19 minutes ago, Krataiboy said:

Why assume the assailants were falangs? They are described only as "mals" in the news report.

In general, Westerners are far more accepting of gays etc than their counterparts in other countries, particularly Islamic states like Pakistan, where the Mayor of London has his roots.

Given that the Mayor has come out strongly against such bigotry, that's a mark in his favor, isn't it. And given the comments of some of those who claim deep roots in the UK, that's a rather opposite kind of mark.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, dick dasterdly said:

Disagree entirely.

'Pack mentality' - has always existed to one extent or another ☹️.

You'd prefer to put it down to brexit - but it would probably be better if you parade your anti-brexit views on another thread....

Did you miss the bit in my post where I wrote, "I am not suggesting that mob rule has never been a phenomenon in the past,"?

Did you also miss my post where I said that I did not attribute this behaviour to any particular group? 

But I stand by what I said - a minority of people are becoming emboldened and the result is, increasingly, a breakdown of law and order, whether that be throwing milkshakes over politicians or racially abusing and assaulting passersby for amusement. As for Brexit Britain - like it or not, the most humiliating, most disgraceful period most of us have ever experienced in the UK will be known for decades to come as the Brexit years. 

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, ThaiBunny said:

What I find fascinating is that lesbians want to be distinguished from men in every possible way, down to insisting on "gay and lesbian" rather than "homosexual men and women" yet there's no separate word for lesbian phobia. This seems an oversight on the part of the politically correct

Perhaps Queen Victoria banned the use of the word, as well as refusing to outlaw lesbianism at the same time as homosexuality, and the word has disappeared from use?

8 hours ago, Skallywag said:

Too bad the women didn't have tasers or stun guns...wait those are illegal in the UK.  Even pepper spray is illegal?!

How are unarmed people supposed to defend themselves against these ruffians? 

You are not supposed to defend yourself in the UK, people have been jailed for it.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, nontabury said:

Very true, it’s only a couple of days ago, that a man was subject to such pack mentality, while displaying his displeasure at the ant- Trump demonstration in Trafalgar Square.

Fully agreed. Likewise, all this milkshake attacks etc - I may dislike the people who are being targetted but they have every right to be able to walk down the street without being assaulted. Now it seems almost a sport, with the perpetrators being lionised on social media. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Berkshire said:

London doesn't seem like a safe place anymore, not with these teenage animals roaming about.  Disgusting.

"London doesn't seem like a safe place anymore,"   When was it ever? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Mister Fixit said:

I hate this sort of cowardly behaviour by little thugs.

With luck they will be banged up in prison for the maximum possible time, where I have no doubt they will be punished again and again by their fellow inmates.

I wish the girls a quick and full recovery and hope they will enrol in Krav Maga classes as soon as possible so they can wait for the perps and kick the f@@@ing  cr@p out of them when they get out.  

"With luck they will be banged up in prison for the maximum possible time,"

No, a handshake and a 500 GBP fine.:cheesy:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dick dasterdly said:

"why is attacking a woman any worse than attacking a man?"

Because women aren't as physically strong as men....  But please continue with your argument that there is no problem with men assaulting women.....

(I'm obviously ignoring your one possible example of "black belt karate woman" " attacking an 80 years old fragile man"......)

Many years ago, I had a women working for me, who was known to have put at least a couple of men in hospital. And furthermore she had a couple of sisters who were even more vicious than her. Exceptions I know,but they do exist, especially where alcohol is involved.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

Perhaps Queen Victoria banned the use of the word, as well as refusing to outlaw lesbianism at the same time as homosexuality, and the word has disappeared from use?

alternatively they could roly poly it up into homobianility .. with an 'ism on the end for those who prefer ..

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Justgrazing said:
26 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

alternatively they could roly poly it up into homobianility .. with an 'ism on the end for those who prefer ..

homobianility: I'm sure I saw one road tested on Top Gear a few years ago. Wasn't it some sort of off-road/utility vehicle?

btw, fancy a bottle of whatever it is I've been drinking?