Anyone get a Non imm O based on retirement from Savannakhet without a proof of retirement letter

I'll be 50 if i apply, so no pension yet. I understand i can get a letter from the British Embassy, but, has anyone got the Non imm O based on retirement without a retirement letter?

This is for people who are less than their countries retirement age who don't receive a pension yet

1 minute ago, scubascuba3 said:
2 minutes ago, theoldgit said:
As you're asking about a visa for Thailand I'll move your question to the proper forum.

The British Embassy stopped issuing income letters last year.

Yes this isn't about an income letter, but a letter of retirement

Not sure that there's such a thing as a letter of retirement, certainly not from the British Embassy.
If you're referring to proof of any pension, that would come from a pension provider.

4 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:
6 minutes ago, theoldgit said:
As you're asking about a visa for Thailand I'll move your question to the proper forum.

The British Embassy stopped issuing income letters last year.

Yes this isn't about an income letter, but a letter of retirement

What is a letter of retirement?

Not sure that there's such a thing as a letter of retirement, certainly not from the British Embassy.
If you're referring to proof of any pension, that would come from a pension provider.

At 50 you can't get proof of a pension. The Savannakhet website requires (translation) "Certificate of retirement from the embassy of persons with nationality"

What is a letter of retirement?

It was something[mention=66997]Ubonjoe[/mention] said was required, I haven't seen one, probably just an affidavit to say I'm retired. I've emailed the British Embassy to see if they offer it.

I'll be using the 800k equivalent in my UK bank

46 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

It was something[mention=66997]Ubonjoe[/mention] said was required, I haven't seen one, probably just an affidavit to say I'm retired. I've emailed the British Embassy to see if they offer it.

If you are going to apply here in Thailand for a "retirement" visa in actuality you will apply for an Non Immigrant O Visa 90 days... then at about 30 days remaining you apply for a one year extension of stay... To apply with Cash in the Bank you must have the 800,000 Baht in a Thai Bank 2 months before applying.

If you want to apply for a "retirement" in Britain you go to a Thai Consulate and apply for the Non Immigrant O-A Visa Multi-Entry with 800,000 baht equivalent in a British Bank - three months prior to applying.

In most instances one does not have to have any retirement status document to apply.. The funds can be from any source. Maybe there is a requirement in Britain Thai Consulates but not elsewhere.

There is more detail to this story but I am trying to be brief.

If you are going to apply here in Thailand for a "retirement" visa in actuality you will apply for an Non Immigrant O Visa 90 days... then at about 30 days remaining you apply for a one year extension of stay... To apply with Cash in the Bank you must have the 800,000 Baht in a Thai Bank 2 months before applying.

If you want to apply for a "retirement" in Britain you go to a Thai Consulate and apply for the Non Immigrant O-A Visa Multi-Entry with 800,000 baht equivalent in a British Bank - three months prior to applying.

In most instances one does not have to have any retirement status document to apply.. The funds can be from any source. Maybe there is a requirement in Britain Thai Consulates but not elsewhere.

There is more detail to this story but I am trying to be brief.
Interesting but not what the op is about

Interesting but not what the op is about
The OP's question / statement was confusing. Except maybe for Brits (which I doubt) no such thing as letter of retirement is required - relatedcto a pension or otherwise... I answered that

It also seemed to say that he was using 800,000 in a Brit Bank - not possible in Thailand.
Maybe the OP didn't say that but these entangled quotes are not straightforward.

Sent from my ASUS_X00TD using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

3 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

have you confirmed that the consulate in savannakhet will accept the funds being in a UK bank rather than a thai bank ?

have you confirmed that the consulate in savannakhet will accept the funds being in a UK bank rather than a thai bank ?

Ubonjoe confirmed that in another thread going at the moment

There must be people aged 50 to approx 65 who got this visa without proof of retirement?

I'm just wondering if its essential?

Hey sorry to but in, I'm having trouble with secton 4 of the application form. date of arrival in thailand, should be the day you intend to go back, and duration of proposed stay should be 365days?thanks

Edited by SkyNets

10 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Ubonjoe confirmed that in another thread going at the moment

ok.  thanks for that.  i was looking for a place to get a non imm O 'retirement' a few years back and didn't have much luck with the consulates in nearby countries in terms of accepting home country accounts.  i didn't look at savannakhet back then but i've learned since that they are more lenient than other consulates in the region.

No such thing as a retirement letter as applicable to Thai immigration requirements. No chance of using a foreign bank for 800k procedure. Must be in a Thai bank for periods specified by Thai authorities.

talk about confusion

I believe the OP is wanting to get a 90 day Type O visa in a neighbouring country and wants to know what he needs especially concerning the "Proof of Retirement" and also were is the best place to get such a visa for an over 50 single person

if the eventual goal is to get a 12 month extension of stay then a 60 day tourist visa could be an option also and convert to type o in Thailand

• Like 1

On 6/7/2019 at 9:15 PM, scubascuba3 said:

At 50 you can't get proof of a pension. The Savannakhet website requires (translation) "Certificate of retirement from the embassy of persons with nationality"

i tried to locate the savannakhet website and didn't have much luck.  can you provide a link of where you saw this information ?  there are many websites that appear to be the consulate website but in reality are not the offical website for the consulate.

8 minutes ago, buick said:

i tried to locate the savannakhet website and didn't have much luck.  can you provide a link of where you saw this information ?  there are many websites that appear to be the consulate website but in reality are not the offical website for the consulate.

The site is only in Thai. This is visa requirements page. http://www.thaisavannakhet.com/savannakhet/th/consulate-service/inspect/

Google translate does a fair job on it.

For embassies and official consulates this site has links to them. http://www.thaiembassy.org/main/

Recently applied for Non O visa u der identical circumstances.  Just needed documents supporting financial position, but no proof of retirement was required.  That was at Chonburi immigration but it seems they are at least trying to standardise processes.

3 hours ago, Thingamabob said:

No such thing as a retirement letter as applicable to Thai immigration requirements. No chance of using a foreign bank for 800k procedure. Must be in a Thai bank for periods specified by Thai authorities.

The question was about getting a single entry Non O visa from a consulate outside Thailand (intending later to get an extension of stay inside Thailand for the purposes of retirement). Where possible, the financial proof for the visa does not need to be in a Thai bank account, but definitely must be for the later extension of stay.

Recently applied for Non O visa u der identical circumstances.  Just needed documents supporting financial position, but no proof of retirement was required.  That was at Chonburi immigration but it seems they are at least trying to standardise processes.

The difference is they need 800k baht in the bank account whereas Savannakhet needs 800k equivalent. I'm trying to avoid buying 800k baht

talk about confusion

I believe the OP is wanting to get a 90 day Type O visa in a neighbouring country and wants to know what he needs especially concerning the "Proof of Retirement" and also were is the best place to get such a visa for an over 50 single person

if the eventual goal is to get a 12 month extension of stay then a 60 day tourist visa could be an option also and convert to type o in Thailand

You got it. I'm surprised there aren't more people in my situation. I'm just trying to avoid buying 800k thai baht at the moment. If I apply in Thailand i need the baht

The question was about getting a single entry Non O visa from a consulate outside Thailand (intending later to get an extension of stay inside Thailand for the purposes of retirement). Where possible, the financial proof for the visa does not need to be in a Thai bank account, but definitely must be for the later extension of stay.
I'm wondering if "proof of retirement letter" is even required? as no one seems to know about it

2 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

I'm wondering if "proof of retirement letter" is even required? as no one seems to know about it

If a retirement letter is needed-  I would  write on an Embassy Affidavit-  I, the undersigned declare I am retired  and have the Embassy notarise it with their signature.

2 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

'm wondering if "proof of retirement letter" is even required?

It has been asked for in Savannakhet and Penang before when using the money in the bank option.

People used proof of income from their embassy was accepted showing ever a small amount of inocme.

Some have used a statement done at their embassy that they were retired.

Their have been more recent posts of people using a document from their pension provider that was accepted.

If using the 65k baht option only the proof of income from a embassy was needed.

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

People used proof of income from their embassy was accepted showing ever a small amount of inocme.

Proof of income is not available now

Some have used a statement done at their embassy that they were retired.

May be this will work. So, it is just a certified statements (under "oath"). For US citizens, you can get anything , including certifying that you're a time travelling were wolf, certified under oath.

Their have been more recent posts of people using a document from their pension provider that was accepted.

Does not apply to OP because he is not drawing any pension

If using the 65k baht option only the proof of income from a embassy was needed.

What does it have to the with the OP's question? He wants Non-O from Savnakhet based on 800K in a foreign bank. 

8 hours ago, Thingamabob said:

Nothing to do with Thai Immigration.

The OP wants to apply for a Non Imm O Visa from the Thai Consulate in Savannakhet, Lao.

The requirement states:

Type O Non (retirement Office)

-Visa ( ask at the Consulate: loading from the Web, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs or to download the App Download. .)
-Original passport with a copy.
-3 x 4 cm photos number 2 leaves.
-Certificate of retirement from the Embassy of the people who have citizenship.
-Certificate of financial status.
-A copy of the House registration of the person that the applicant reside?
-Copy of the passport of the person who request residence.
-The fees of 2,000 baht.

31 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

A copy of the House registration of the person that the applicant reside?

Curious about this. A person applying for a non-Imm O need not necessarily be a resident of Thailand. Or am I missing something?

1 minute ago, Bang Bang said:

Curious about this. A person applying for a non-Imm O need not necessarily be a resident of Thailand. Or am I missing something?

Copy of the house registration (Tabien Baan) where the alien is residing in Thailand.

The house owner could be Thai or foreigner, it's immaterial, just proof of his address in Thailand.

• Like 1