Hundreds of thousands march in Hong Kong to protest China extradition bill

webfact

C77DFB80-E724-4FEB-816D-C6FCF91DC393.thumb.jpeg.bb14e4ed74518bd5233bd28800dba283.jpegWill the authorities ignore a million voices?

There are around 300,000 honkongers living in HK who have Canadian passports. Not to mention Australian, US and other passport holders. 150,000 0r so British PPT holding Hongkongers.

Many of them well-off, qualified, competent, multilingual.

If they don’t feel safe, they can and will leave. 

Most Hongkongers just want to be left alone—something Chinese authorities find really hard to do.

Edited by Thakkar
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, webfact said:

"The whole of Hong Kong is against her."

it doesn't matter as long she has Beijing backing support, unfortunately Hong Kong people still think in the past, it's time for them to realize they are part of mainland China and no freedom

3 hours ago, seancbk said:

Fantastic pictures of Hong Kongers marching in protest.  Make me proud of my status as a permanent resident there. 

Hopefully the people's voice will be listened to.

wishful thinking, you really think Xi will let it happen??  it appears the new law (extradition) will mot protect foreigners either, is it correct? I lived there from 2001 to 2005

44 minutes ago, Thakkar said:

C77DFB80-E724-4FEB-816D-C6FCF91DC393.thumb.jpeg.bb14e4ed74518bd5233bd28800dba283.jpegWill the authorities ignore a million voices?

There are around 300,000 honkongers living in HK who have Canadian passports. Not to mention Australian, US and other passport holders. 150,000 0r so British PPT holding Hongkongers.

Many of them well-off, qualified, competent, multilingual.

If they don’t feel safe, they can and will leave. 

Most Hongkongers just want to be left alone—something Chinese authorities find really hard to do.

just look how long has China been pushing Taiwan, same will happen to HK, never will be left alone

6 hours ago, webfact said:

She has also said speedy action is needed to ensure a Hong Kong man suspected of murdering his girlfriend can be sent to Taiwan for trial. 

'carrie' doesn't seem to know which side of fence she is sitting?

Surely (the above) is an example what they are trying to thwart?  plus China doesn't even recognise Taiwan

1 minute ago, Thailand said:

Carrie Lam has been groomed for this position for some years and will do nothing to oppose the PRC, looks like the one country two systems for 50 years is crumbling.

agree and what surprised me the most while there, was the Hong Kongers believing the promises from mainland China about their freedoms to be guaranteed for 50 years, even my kid didn't believe it, obvious that as soon as the UK moved out thing would (immediately) start to change