UK not paying Brexit bill would be debt default, French source says

webfact

Amazing! Germany is going into freefall and many people still want to take no deal off the table. Is there any better example of Remainer disingenuity regarding UK interests? 
Will Germany leave the Euro (the Dmark by any other name) causing a Euro crash? I'm beginning to think they might!
Usual Brexiteer blah of making something up and then wrapping it in nonsense. Good to go.

Sent from my SM-N935F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

On 6/10/2019 at 8:37 AM, Chomper Higgot said:

Ditch the nation’s largest and most profitable trade partnership, wreck the economy, shutdown Parliament, sabotage the nation’s standing on the world stage, willfully ruin the nation’s financial credibility.

Pure vandalism.

it's in favour of the EU

Edited by sandrabbit
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Loiner said:

We won't be the ones downing. We are going to survive and thrive without the yoke of the EU.

Yes indeed! I just heard that Boris predicted he'll get a GREAT trade agreement with Guyana so UK's future is golden!!! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

50 minutes ago, sandrabbit said:

this is one area where Donald is right, for Germany it's like money laundering because the currency is at a low value. If Germany was alone with the mark it would be struggling to sell abroad. I feel for Greece who have been shafted by the EU.

You lost me when you said "Donald is right"

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On ‎6‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 10:12 AM, Loiner said:

By jove I think you've almost got it. There will be no Armageddon and trade will not stop, whatever the trading terms are after Brexit. The Remainer soothsayers of economic doom are basing their propaganda on such fallacies. 

The trade balance is overwhelmingly in favour of EU countries, so why would you want to make problems after we have exited? 
There's always the question of our massive contribution of course, and the future existence implications to your corrupt club, but trying to punish the UK before and after Brexit is not a good idea. Tariffs work both ways and while UK imports of EU goods will not cease, they could become so expensive that you are left with some massive over production. Remember the wine lakes and butter mountains - they would seem insignificant. 

"corrupt club"

If you think Westminster is not corrupt then I wonder where you've been.

• Like 1

Yes indeed! I just heard that Boris predicted he'll get a GREAT trade agreement with Guyana so UK's future is golden!!! 
The Hard Brexiteers here are totally uninterested in economics or anything else trade-wise that requires adding up. Over their heads and bores them rigid. Even the old £350m a week NHS saving claim now a throwaway. And never mind sterling. A necessary sacrifice for the nationalist cause. Roll-up! Roll-up! Get your Hard Brexit devalued sterling here!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It seems it is going back to the brexit trenches ….

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/jun/18/barnier-rebuffs-appeal-over-citizens-rights-in-event-of-no-deal-brexit

Barclay and Barnier clash on citizens' rights under no-deal Brexit

EU negotiator urged to rethink decision to reject plea by UK to ringfence key part of deal

The EU’s chief negotiator has been asked to think again after rejecting an appeal by the UK’s Brexit secretary for the full gamut of citizens’ rights in the withdrawal agreement to be protected in the event of a no-deal exit.

In a clear signal from Brussels that it is not willing to countenance a “managed no deal”, Michel Barnier has described the suggestion that such elements of the agreement could be carved out as “far from straightforward” and insisted that the focus should be on getting the Brexit deal ratified.

more...

It seems it is going back to the brexit trenches ….

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/jun/18/barnier-rebuffs-appeal-over-citizens-rights-in-event-of-no-deal-brexit

Barclay and Barnier clash on citizens' rights under no-deal Brexit
EU negotiator urged to rethink decision to reject plea by UK to ringfence key part of deal
The EU’s chief negotiator has been asked to think again after rejecting an appeal by the UK’s Brexit secretary for the full gamut of citizens’ rights in the withdrawal agreement to be protected in the event of a no-deal exit.
In a clear signal from Brussels that it is not willing to countenance a “managed no deal”, Michel Barnier has described the suggestion that such elements of the agreement could be carved out as “far from straightforward” and insisted that the focus should be on getting the Brexit deal ratified.

more...

Unfortunately the Brexiteers are trying their usual stupid thing of thinking they can cherry-pick with nobody noticing.

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, nauseus said:

As the remainers continue to support the edicts from the EU. 

Barmier says "my way or the highway"!

So let's hit the road...

Hit the road Union Jack????.. and don't you come back no moooore )))  ????

Edited by david555

Totally not interested in Remainers false wails of economic woe and Armageddon, because they have their predictions of doom all wrong. Yes, they are all just boring now. Sterling devaluation has not been such a disaster to most of the UK either - there are some actual benefits from it, UK investment and inbound tourism as two simple examples.
Could this imply that the Remoaners here do not really have the UK best interests at heart, but possibly only their own retirement funds? Well there's 17.4 Million who certainly don't care at all, because they're looking out for the future of the whole 66 Million back in Blighty. Sorry, it's all necessary for the national cause but it's got to be done, so how would you like to be sacrificed?
Or would it be a case of back to Hongkers instead? 
Got it covered. Now that the threat of Hard No-deal Brexit driving sterling down, will buy some cheap GBP with HKD. Thanks for the sterling slide boys!

1 minute ago, SheungWan said:

Got it covered. Now that the threat of Hard No-deal Brexit driving sterling down, will buy some cheap GBP with HKD. Thanks for the sterling slide boys!

Aha. So you do see a future bounce in Sterling then. Let us all know when to buy please.  

• Like 1

11 hours ago, SheungWan said:

Unfortunately the Brexiteers are trying their usual stupid thing of thinking they can cherry-pick with nobody noticing.

Someone is trying to protect millions people as a result of this mess. These people should not have to be included in the political and economic argument. If you want to compare them to cherries, I suppose that says how much you care.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, aright said:

Priceless! Brexiteers don't understand yet Remainers want to stay in a Union where 5 nations have debts larger than their economic output and 21 have debts larger than the 60% of GDP limit set out in the Maastricht Treaty.

You and the EU are hardly in a position to preach about responsible economics are you/

And UK national debt is at 86.1% of GDP on 3rd quarter 2018, above the EU average.....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nauseus said:

Above the EU average....by......5.5%. Which is a lot less than Italy, France and Spain who are above the EU average by 52.2, 18.7, and 17.5% respectively.

And Greece, Portugal, Belgium and Cyprus still have huge debts.

Ireland has the distinction of having the highest debt per capita in the Eurozone.  

https://ec.europa.eu/eurostat/documents/2995521/9510404/2-21012019-AP-EN.pdf/97de2ad5-5b7e-4de9-ab36-7bbf8773aad0

https://www.irishtimes.com/business/economy/budget-2019-who-still-owes-more-the-irish-or-the-greeks-1.3625800

And now Dragi is going to pump out the money again!

Lifeboat stations!

And this is an interesting read. Europeans pissed with Dragi.

https://www.investing.com/news/economy-news/german-conservative-criticizes-draghis-alarming-policy-comments-1901599

• Like 1