Updated bank book ok but want to see again in 3 months !

9 hours ago, Rolanddrums said:

OK so early not allowed... What about late? I would guess late may be OK as long as bank book shows 800k in at the exact 90 date on the letter?... Anyone tried it?

Sent from my ANE-LX2 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

I have seen a few reports here where people have stated they will not be in Thailand at that point, and they have simply been told to attend immigration as soon as they come back to Thailand beyond 3 months. Update your passbook more often, to avoid a 'consolidated' entry and do that. Obviously leave the 800k untouched to ensure you comply. 

It's all a bit new for both Immigration and the Expats. 

• Like 2

There is no requirement to return to immigration 3 months after filing for an extension.  So don't turn up.  What can they possible charge you with?  You've broken no laws.  This is just petty ignorance from some immigration offices.

What next?  After 3 months, turn up daily/weekly to ensure you haven't gone below the 400K.

Absolute nonsense.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, onera1961 said:

Can somebody confirm that for an agent submitted application, there is no second visit required to verify bank book deposit? I have to start preparing for my options like a new OA, agent submitted application, or METV/SETV for my 6-month stay next year. 

A colleague rang our agent appointment was made for Friday agent confirmed NO CHANGES to system certainly no mention of repeat visit but will know for certain on Saturday

Re reporting ...She already has the bank book( a separate account is opened  for each client) so there no worry whatsoever at worst just EMS her/him the passport if too far to travel) if it is required which ,i doubt for agent clients

15 minutes ago, HHTel said:

There is no requirement to return to immigration 3 months after filing for an extension.  So don't turn up.  What can they possible charge you with?  You've broken no laws.  This is just petty ignorance from some immigration offices.

What next?  After 3 months, turn up daily/weekly to ensure you haven't gone below the 400K.

Absolute nonsense.

It may be. But it is written in the police order that you are required to keep the 800k for 3 more months. You are also required to sign a form acknowledging the rules. Why aggravate them if not necessary?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, KhunFred said:

None of this nonesense is necessary with an agent. Just bite the bullet, pay them their cut and be done with it.

Never used an agent in over 30 years and never had any problems.

Yesterday I went to renew my visa extention for a year and they sent me to counter B for checking my residence registration.  Of course I was not in the computer then they fined me THB800.00 for this even if I have not left the country since Nov 2017.

Everybody applying for visa extention yesterday had to go through this new procedure and all had to pay a fine of THB800.00 like me.  I feel like being robbed, I felt like a prisoner under electronic surveillance bracelet...  The whole stay extention procedure with Re-entry permit and fine cost me THB6500 and 9 hours.  

The new rules is to go to the Immigration when we temporarily leave the country withing 5 days of our return to register with them about our travel.  I am asking who will do that knowing that the minimum waiting time in the queue to enter immigration offices at Chaeng Wattana is 5 hours?

In addition of the 90 days reporting, why do we have to duplicate our place of stay with this?

image.png.65b6319d9c877379fe7e38dc460f5b5f.png

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, nickmondo said:

i renewed my retirement extension on 6th June via 800k method.

ZERO mention of me needing to go back in 3 months time to show 400k

same for me at Chaeng Wattana in May

(... and if they really want me to come by, they can contact me, after all they have my phone, my e-mail, my address, heck they even have a map to my place!)

Edited by klauskunkel

19 hours ago, KhunFred said:

None of this nonesense is necessary with an agent. Just bite the bullet, pay them their cut and be done with it.

How the hell do agents get away with it and what happens if you get caught “ deportation “ I would imagine.

11 minutes ago, nickmondo said:

Where? It varies Office to office. Also is it not 800k?

34 minutes ago, nickmondo said:

it all depends on WHICH immigration

and you need show the 800,000 is there for the  3 months AFTER you get ur extension. Than 400,000 till 2 months before next extension due, than you top it up back to 800,000

pattaya need return

phuket Nope

Others >???

Edited by phuketrichard

So the day after returning to show your bank statement 3 months after filing the extension, draw the bloody lot out.  When will they know that you broke the rules?  Exactly..... when you next file for an extension some 9 months later.

The authorities only have themselves to blame when being criticised for their lack of intelligence.  Some demonstrate it on a daily basis.

4 minutes ago, HHTel said:

So the day after returning to show your bank statement 3 months after filing the extension, draw the bloody lot out.  When will they know that you broke the rules?  Exactly..... when you next file for an extension some 9 months later.

The authorities only have themselves to blame when being criticised for their lack of intelligence.  Some demonstrate it on a daily basis.

Don't understand your point. IF you do that most likely your NEXT extension will be rejected. So WHY would you do that (intentionally)? 

39 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Don't understand your point. IF you do that most likely your NEXT extension will be rejected. So WHY would you do that (intentionally)? 

well for me, i am out of here when my next 1 year extension is due,

had enough of the changing goal posts

spoke with Phuket vol today an he and i agree, its only a matter of time till they make everyone on an o visa/extension have insurance.  That will greatly affect many over 65. 

$2,000+++for insurance/year !!!

Next they will go after those married.

Edited by phuketrichard
  • Like 2

Just now, phuketrichard said:

well for me,i am out of here when my next 1 year extension is due,

spoke with Phuket vol today an he and i agree, its only a matter of time till they make everyone on an o visa/extension have insurance.  That will great affect many over 65. 

Yeah insurance that only covers 400K (and the absurd 40K outpatient is basically worthless anyway for anything more serious than a paper cut. What's a vol?

Exactly. Of course it will be rejected.  I was making the point of the wasted return trip to some Immigration offices 3 months after getting the extension and of course, there is no point as any departing from the requirement will be picked up when you next try to extend.

3 minutes ago, phuketrichard said:

well for me, i am out of here when my next 1 year extension is due,

spoke with Phuket vol today an he and i agree, its only a matter of time till they make everyone on an o visa/extension have insurance.  That will greatly affect many over 65. 

The reason your post makes so much sense has nothing to do with scare-mongering, and everything to do with good critical thought. Just as those in science or business try to gauge where things are going so they can formulate strategies in anticipation of likely futures, if we examine recent trends (actions by Thai immigration), and examine those in the context of policy of a continuing administration (recently "elected") we should expect that the trends we are observing will continue into the near and medium future. 

I suggest everyone have a plan B, or even better, maintain presence elsewhere even if married.

• Like 2

I didnt see that and also posted a thread.  Happened to me today, never saw it.  wow, they want to chase us away.  I have no problem with it but just another thing.  Scary when she gave it to me, so i am glad it has happened with others also

56 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Well of course it would. He doesn't have the 800k pre-seasoned for 2 months! 

The concern is what further measures could be taken against someone who deliberately defaulted on the conditions of his last extension. Conditions he signed agreement to.  

• Like 1

Ok a brief summary of requirements so far as I see it from this thread+police notice :-

1) Police report of Jan 2019 says you must have 800k in bank for 3 months after visa granted, and 400k after that (So another 7 months, then back up to 800k for 2 months prior to your next application).

2) Jomtien Imm tell us we have to come back again at the 3 month point to check bank book meets requirements. No need to come back again after that apparently ...BUT

3) If funds fell below 800k at that time or below 400k from month 3 to month 10, even though you topped it back up to 800k in prep for next years Visa...u may have a problem getting it irrespective of whether you went back at the 3 month point before.

4) Some other Imm offices dont require the 3 month check but the ' throughout the previous years balance requirements' are still needed and may effect next years visa. At least Jomtien are giving more warning by stressing the point in their own style (ie come back in 3 months). 

5) Visa agents don't require all this? But maybe when applicant applies again next year Visa might be denied because of lack of funds throughout previous year? 

Edited by Rolanddrums

21 hours ago, KhunFred said:

Just curious, what is the cost difference between paying an agent for 10 years of extensions versus a 10 year Thai Elite?

Granted but meeting the requirements for your next extension is equally important if planning staying more than just the one year. If I hadn't been told and didn't comply I for one would be pretty p'd off at the next application.

So is there any requirement for anything other than 800k / 2 month before with an Ext renewal? 

If not how about a fine for dipping below the 800/400k at some point during the previous year?

If neither I agree just forget it all.

Edited by Rolanddrums

4 hours ago, jacko45k said:

It may be. But it is written in the police order that you are required to keep the 800k for 3 more months. You are also required to sign a form acknowledging the rules. Why aggravate them if not necessary?

They also have that magic rule  that they an ask for any extra documentation …. so  think that fit for the demand to come back after 3 month to show untouched balance . 

So good luck for that poster who said it is no law ,so just don't show up by trying that ….:biggrin: (he must be new in town...)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HHTel said:

But they are not conditions of your last extension.

I understand that future requirements should have no place in something already issued, but the way the order is written, it surely does apply to the last and current running extension. For some reason an extension based on 800/400k on deposit, requires having the money before and well after the application, unlike the monthly deposit of 65k, which is based on the prior year. 

Think of it like your driving licence, you get a 5 year one, but it can certainly be taken off you. 

1 hour ago, david555 said:

They also have that magic rule  that they an ask for any extra documentation …. so  think that fit for the demand to come back after 3 month to show untouched balance . 

So good luck for that poster who said it is no law ,so just don't show up by trying that ….:biggrin: (he must be new in town...)

I'm friends with a senior immigration officer here.  A lot of what I've spouted comes from him.  A couple of days ago when we were discussing the take on the 'rules' by other immigration offices, he said that it will always be the case where stupidity is the norm and often feels embarrassed being an immigration officer.  "They only have to check with head office to have the rules confirmed.  But that would, in their minds, show them to be stupid so they won't do it!  They would rather 'guess' what the rules mean."

He was the one who said, "Don't show up.  There's nothing they can do as long as you've followed the rules."