Updated bank book ok but want to see again in 3 months !

59 minutes ago, HHTel said:

I'm friends with a senior immigration officer here.  A lot of what I've spouted comes from him.  A couple of days ago when we were discussing the take on the 'rules' by other immigration offices, he said that it will always be the case where stupidity is the norm and often feels embarrassed being an immigration officer.  "They only have to check with head office to have the rules confirmed.  But that would, in their minds, show them to be stupid so they won't do it!  They would rather 'guess' what the rules mean."

He was the one who said, "Don't show up.  There's nothing they can do as long as you've followed the rules."

O.K. just follow his advice and do  it …… when confronted    your friend I.O shall denies that hey ever said ….. remember the sudden degrading and disappearing from Big Joke ?immigration has his own "Klan" ….

You think that friend I.O. go stick his neck out against his colleagues for ...a farang ?

Anyway try your luck , and let us know the result next year when your ret. ext is up to a new one ...

PS: but this could work ….. next ret. ext. let our friend I.O. do it for you …. I am sure that would work perfectly???? ...

Edited by david555

He has helped a friend out in the past who was having silly problems at another office.  And yes, he will stick his neck out and has done.  He has what many are missing - common sense, knowledge of the rules and he's not afraid of admitting that he doesn't know and will get confirmation from his bosses in BKK.

In all the years I've known him, he will NOT bend the rules.  He's in a position to give me a clear run but he won't do it.

Just now, Wullie Mercer said:

Can anyone verify that item "6" is factual?

I believe it is the grandfathering of a past agreement. Only applies to those who have been on continuous retirement extensions since before Oct 1998. 

• Like 1

On 11 June 2019 at 3:20 PM, Rolanddrums said:

Thanks Jacko. Yes I want to return to UK somewhere around that 3 month later date in Sept, hence I'm interested to know the time window allowed either side for the bank book update and and Immigration  visit, does anyone know? If its very narrow window and I'm 10,000 km away that could be very inconvenient even for a retiree.

I asked the question of immigration when they asked me to represent the updated passbook with regard to being away on the due date, and the IO said just bring it in when you're back. They might check your TM 6 to make sure you're not fibbing on being away...

3 minutes ago, Rolanddrums said:

How can someone enter in 1998 (or before) , be on continuous retirement visa since then and still be only 55-60 years old (6b requirements).. Person would be minimum 50+21= 71 years old.... Crazy.

Was the age to obtain a retirement extension in 1998 50 yo? 

1 hour ago, Rolanddrums said:

How can someone enter in 1998 (or before) , be on continuous retirement visa since then and still be only 55-60 years old (6b requirements).. Person would be minimum 50+21= 71 years old.... Crazy.

That was the minimum required ages back in 1998 to qualify for grandfathering.

If a person qualified for the extension back then and kept getting extensions every year they would only need the amounts mentioned to apply for their extension now.

On 6/11/2019 at 2:53 PM, Rolanddrums said:

Thanks Joe common mistake no doubt. . Jomtien didn't need bank book update same day btw. But now this.

This was my experience too. I did it one day before. Important is that you have an entry in your books at the same day when the bank letter gets issued. If you make a deposit or withdrawal is not important and also that after this the amount in the bank letter will not be correct anymore because this movement will mostly not be reflected in this letter.