Farang escapes serious punishment for anti-govt song, apologises, removes video

snoop1130

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As long as a culture is unable to accept criticism and learn from it, the situation will not improve or change for the better. Just remember how the history books of Thailand were falsified.
Thailand is still in the Stone Age. Unfortunately.

1 hour ago, ZeVonderBearz said:

The same Smiley Culture, who the police claim, stabbed himself in the chest during a police raid.

Yes, but as that failed to enhance the topic I didn't bother mentioning it ????

Hold on a minute. I am confused. I thought that they said after the election was completed, the nation would progress from a military controlled junta, to a democracy. Was I mistaken? In a democracy, criticism of the government is allowed. It is encouraged. It is the hallmark of the free speech that a democracy affords, right?

So, what gives here? Is the army wrong? Have they over stepped their reach? Is it possible they have not adjusted from the heavy handed total control, to a more reasonable, and even tempered democratic approach? Or is this a sign of things to come? Are we really in a Burma or Cambodia style "strongman democracy"? 

Or, is the issue here a foreigner being bold enough to criticize his hosts (his masters?)?

12 hours ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

Common sense all round. 

Common sense response by the police for simply asking him to take the video down.

Can you imagine the negative headlines if he had been arrested or even deported. 

Common sense by the guy the for agreeing to remove the video. 

Totally agree .....  could you imagine if he did the same say in Russia or China or Myanmar, he'd probably be in jail by now.

Stupid is as stupid does.

Deport him.

23 minutes ago, steven100 said:

Totally agree .....  could you imagine if he did the same say in Russia or China or Myanmar, he'd probably be in jail by now.

Stupid is as stupid does.

Deport him.

And if your aunt had balls she’d be your uncle.

what does it matter what would happen to him in any other country.

could you imagine what would happen to him if he did it in UK, Australia, US, he’d probably be......oh.

Why should he be deported, they said he cant be criminally prosecuted so he hasnt committed any crime.

1 minute ago, Sujo said:

And if your aunt had balls she’d be your uncle.

what does it matter what would happen to him in any other country.

could you imagine what would happen to him if he did it in UK, Australia, US, he’d probably be......oh.

Why should he be deported, they said he cant be criminally prosecuted so he hasnt committed any crime.

lol .....  well if he doesn't like the way the country is governed then he should move to a more suitable location, he's not Thai he's farang and the government doesn't owe him any favours.

Just now, Sonhia said:

Pathetic!

What a sad place...

It's only sad in your eyes. Not sad for most, I can still do what ever I need to do each day, I can still travel without any problem, I can still enjoy living here cheaper than Australia or the UK or US.

13 hours ago, darksidedog said:

And you can pretty much bet your last dollar that some "face" obsessed idiot will do precisely that, if for no other reason other than to grab some publicity themselves. Very sad that people can't take something meant in the spirit of fun to be accepted as such.

He should have known better ... Its a cert that there will be a private Prosecution on horizon ... If I was him I would start packing now ... Aufweidersen

it seems all the farangs like to do is trash their host country, expressing extreme cynical views about Thailand and Thai society. Very unfair.

Not a big fan of Prayut but we must remember the whole story. Without the Thai military stepping in the Red Shirt agitators would have pushed Thailand in acivil war. After weeks of disrupting Bangkok they start with burning down Central. Military did what it had to do. If anythong, it were the Red Shirts who forced what came next.

Besides that, Prayut did not a bad job all these years. As an environmentalist myself, i noticed he did some pretty good stuff with regards to the environment.

Even if you oppose so strongly, we live here voluntarely, we are guests. Why get involved in politics in such a negative way? Funny song for the farang but it m9ght be denigrating for at least some Thai. Dont like it here? Move to Vietnam. 

Anyway, thx to this farang sucker, life has just become a bit more dificult for the farang. 

3 minutes ago, herwin1234 said:

it seems all the farangs like to do is trash their host country, expressing extreme cynical views about Thailand and Thai society. Very unfair.

Not a big fan of Prayut but we must remember the whole story. Without the Thai military stepping in the Red Shirt agitators would have pushed Thailand in acivil war. After weeks of disrupting Bangkok they start with burning down Central. Military did what it had to do. If anythong, it were the Red Shirts who forced what came next.

Besides that, Prayut did not a bad job all these years. As an environmentalist myself, i noticed he did some pretty good stuff with regards to the environment.

Even if you oppose so strongly, we live here voluntarely, we are guests. Why get involved in politics in such a negative way? Funny song for the farang but it m9ght be denigrating for at least some Thai. Dont like it here? Move to Vietnam. 

Anyway, thx to this farang sucker, life has just become a bit more dificult for the farang. 

What a sensible post. It seems you understand Thailand more than most of these clowns on TV.

Thailand is what it is and we as expats should accept that without bashing the country on every issue that comes along.  Great post !!  thank you.

very well spoken, and correct.

5 minutes ago, herwin1234 said:

I'm sorry, but could you explain your thoughts on this?

Not trying to disrespect you, but how will this one foreigner's upload to FB/YouTube have any effect on how we live in Thailand?

2 minutes ago, steven100 said:

What a sensible post. It seems you understand Thailand more than most of these clowns on TV.

Thailand is what it is and we as expats should accept that without bashing the country on every issue that comes along.  Great post !!  thank you.

very well spoken, and correct.

Get a room, boys. 

1 minute ago, rkidlad said:

Get a room, boys. 

why do you stay in Thailand if all you want to do is bash the country that you are a guest in ???  or are you posting from outside because you got burnt .... lol  :whistling:   hmmmm ... i thought so

Just now, steven100 said:

why do you stay in Thailand if all you want to do is bash the country that you are a guest in ???  or are you posting from outside because you got burnt .... lol  :whistling:   hmmmm ... i thought so

Why ask if you already know, Steven. 

I don't bash Thailand at all. I bash bad ideas. If that offends you, don't worry - bad ideas don't have feelings. 

12 minutes ago, herwin1234 said:

Well if its a bit more difficult just move to Vietnam.

Are you seriously suggesting that a guest must like everything about Thailand or just leave? You think its ok that things people consider bad should not be spoken about?

11 hours ago, Eligius said:

'Channel 7 reported that contact with the legal affairs department of the National Council for Peace and Order and the Thai technology police had been made by reporters.'

This sounds like Channel 7 are snitches or grasses - stirring up trouble, wanting to get this guy into hot water. If that is the case, it's pretty disgusting.

In my opinion, the guy's video was amusing and well done, but he was extremely foolish to poke his lone head above the parapet in this way; actually, I think he must be pretty mad (in the sense of crazy) to have done so.

If this had been a Thai, I think the consequences would have been more serious. But as other posters have said, this chap may not yet have heard the last of the matter. It would not surprise me one bit if some nationalistic, junta-adoring, private (allegedly) Thai citizen does indeed take out a private prosecution against this comedian. He really should make plans to leave Thailand while he still can, I feel ...

Haha I think they already took some action without taking any, if you know what I mean. The authorities said they won't take any action, and yet two rozzers showed up at the bloke's place and demanded he took the video down AND posted an apology, before they'd leave him in peace. Sounds to me like he's already been given a 'warning'... heheh

I can't understand his Thai without the subtitles and I've studied Thai at intermediate level.

I am impressed by his Thai but he can't pronounce Thai that well when I listened carefully

I am also impressed by his creativity in producing the song although he can't sing well. LOL

1 hour ago, herwin1234 said:

The red shirts were protesting because the elected government had been removed by the military. What would you do if the military in your country kicked out the government you voted for and replaced it with one more friendly to them?

Archived