Trump: Nothing wrong with accepting dirt from foreign governments on opponents

webfact

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, Sujo said:

You missing the part where it was PAID for and Steele was not a govt employee. He was a citizen.

He was gathering info from a hostile gov(Russia).It was leaked to news agencies.That infoe was payed for by FBI,FusionGPS,DNC and HC as I stated in my previous post.

If Mr. Trumps campaign were accused of this they would be all guilty or at least investigated by a Special Counsel! How ironic

2 hours ago, Berkshire said:

[Federal Elections Commission chair Ellen Weintraub said Thursday it is illegal to accept foreign interference during elections after President Trump publicly suggested he would accept foreign intel on opponents.

"I would not have thought that I needed to say this," Weintraub tweeted Thursday with her statement.]

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/fec-chair-responds-to-trump-saying-hed-accept-foreign-intel-on-opponent-it-is-illegal/ar-AACQjaT?ocid=wispr

It's pretty clear and unambiguous.  The stupidity of Trump and his supporters never cease to amaze. 

so this is illegal?

https://nypost.com/2018/02/07/russian-radio-hosts-once-pranked-adam-schiff-with-promise-of-naked-trump-photos/

6 minutes ago, dblstndrds said:

What you fail to note is that Schiff promptly reported it to the FBI. Here's Schiff's and his staff's responses to them:

He told Parubiy that the U.S. would welcome the chance to review the evidence he had described. “We will try to work with the FBI to figure out, along with your staff, how we can obtain copies.”...

A spokesman for Schiff said, “Before agreeing to take the call, and immediately following it, the committee informed appropriate law-enforcement and security personnel of the conversation, and of our belief that it was probably bogus.”

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2018/01/putins-game/546548/

1 hour ago, riclag said:

Millions of voters didn't vote for his Obamian orator prose skills! He's a man's man from Queens ,who has a brash way of  speech! He blew up what 235 years of what politicians and leaders of the world are suppose to be! Ain't nothin wrong with that!

A man's man?  I can think of nothing manly about this born rich, draft dodging germophobe.  What is the most manly thing he has done?

1 hour ago, riclag said:

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/crime-courts/fbi-releases-documents-showing-payments-trump-dossier-author-steele-n897506

So has the  FBI implicated  themselves for paying steele, a foreign entity,  for  gathering information along with fusion gps that gave it to the DNC and HC campaign to get oppo research on the  Trump campaign   or is it different because it's  President Trump! The hoax just got notched up by showing the hypocrisy of the left's  politics of intolerance 

Your link describes one of the tools used for a legal investigation.  So?

17 minutes ago, heybruce said:

Your link describes one of the tools used for a legal investigation.  So?

Mr. Trump has given authority to the AG and a bunch of prosecutors are and have been assigned the task of studying how those tools were used. The man says it was in his opinion, that many actions were treasonous and it was a attempted coup

18 minutes ago, riclag said:

Mr. Trump has given authority to the AG and a bunch of prosecutors are and have been assigned the task of studying how those tools were used. The man says it was in his opinion, that many actions were treasonous and it was a attempted coup

Yes, in Trump's learned opinion it was treason. The same Trump who threatened to go to the Supreme Court to stop the Democrats from impeaching him. He couldn't even be bothered to reference the Constitution about impeachment. Such an ignoramus.

2 hours ago, riclag said:

Millions of voters didn't vote for his Obamian orator prose skills! He's a man's man from Queens ,who has a brash way of  speech! He blew up what 235 years of what politicians and leaders of the world are suppose to be! Ain't nothin wrong with that!

So for you and trump supporters it's OK for trump to breach rule of law, professional ethics standards and so on. As he is President of the USA, for me completely unacceptable behaviour nor is his 10,000 plus fact checked lies and misinformation. IMO trump's behaviour represents an unacceptable direct threat to world stability.

33 minutes ago, simple1 said:

So for you and trump supporters it's OK for trump to breach rule of law, professional ethics standards and so on. As he is President of the USA, for me completely unacceptable behaviour nor is his 10,000 plus fact checked lies and misinformation. IMO trump's behaviour represents an unacceptable direct threat to world stability.

I must admit everything you said  about rule of law,professional ethics standards and behavior are being investigated as we speak,Horowitz and Durham! And if true according to the AG and Mr. Trump ,it is a threat to democracy.

47 minutes ago, riclag said:

"The man" says lots of nonsensical BS and is a liar of unprecedented magnitude.  It was not treason to investigate Russian meddling in the 2016 election, it would have been treason not to.

13 hours ago, heybruce said:

As has been explained repeatedly, paying for research is legal.  Accepting "free" assistance from a foreign government is illegal. 

Your stubborn refusal to accept a simple concept speaks poorly of you.

OK

So let me get this right - if a foreign government approached Trump with information - it'd only be OK if he paid them for it? 

12 minutes ago, riclag said:

I must admit everything you said  about rule of law,professional ethics standards and behavior are being investigated as we speak,Horowitz and Durham! And if true according to the AG and Mr. Trump ,it is a threat to democracy.

Let me guess--Hannity, a foam at the mouth pundit who is definitely not a journalist, is offering the same false equivalence between Trump accepting free goodies from foreigners as the Democrats paying for opposition research.

Right...I bet you teach your children that accepting candy from strangers is the same as buying it in a store.

3 minutes ago, pedro01 said:

OK

So let me get this right - if a foreign government approached Trump with information - it'd only be OK if he paid them for it? 

If Trump paid a reasonable price, not a token $1, for opposition research legally obtained under US law, it would be legal.

26 minutes ago, heybruce said:

"The man" says lots of nonsensical BS and is a liar of unprecedented magnitude.  It was not treason to investigate Russian meddling in the 2016 election, it would have been treason not to.

Like I said it's all being studied,by people who are highly qualified! Many American patriots  are curious about the investigation into the origins of Russian meddling and interference! Horowitz and durham are taking on the task

1 minute ago, riclag said:

Like I said it's all being studied,by people who are highly qualified! Many American patriots  are curious about Russian meddling and interference! Horowitz and durham are taking on the task

And many American patriots were curious about Trump having business negotiations with Russia while running a pro-Russia campaign at the same time that Russia was meddling in the US election. That's why we investigated.

Thank you for explaining the legitimacy of the Mueller investigation.

32 minutes ago, riclag said:

Got to acknowledge you never give up. On the other side of the coin some of trump's long term sycophants have and are continuing to abandon the pathological liar. Don't jump ship too late...

2 minutes ago, simple1 said:

Got to acknowledge you never give up. On the other side of the coin some of trump's long term sycophants have and are continuing to abandon the pathological liar. Don't jump ship too late...

Thanks

10 minutes ago, heybruce said:

And many American patriots were curious about Trump having business negotiations with Russia while running a pro-Russia campaign at the same time that Russia was meddling in the US election. That's why we investigated.

Thank you for explaining the legitimacy of the Mueller investigation.

AMERICAN COMPANIES OPERATING IN RUSSIA. In total there are almost 3,000 American companies in Russia, and the U.S. is also the leader in terms of foreign companies in Special Economic Zones, with 11 projects.[Dec 16, 2016]

From Harvard Kennedy School for International Affairs.
There is no endemic reason for Russian-U.S. relations to be as tense as they have [been]. This situation is largely due, on one side, to mishandling of Russian affairs by both the Clinton and Bush administrations, and on the other by the obvious manipulation of anti-Americanism for domestic gain by the Vladimir Putin and Dmitry Medvedev administrations in Russia. Unfortunately, this means that only unilateral U.S. action can undermine the cynical policies of the Russian leadership and restore dynamism to the Russian-U.S. relationship.
[2009]

Absolutely, Russian meddling in US elections and other aspects of US life must be investigated. They blew it and are still blowing it by focusing on Trump.  

So lets see, they blast Trump for a hypothetical situation in which he answered he would listen and if he thought there was something wrong turn it over to the FBI while giving a complete pass to Hillary and the DNC who it is documented hired a former British MI6 spy, and affirmatively contacted Russian sources to dig up "false" but disparaging information on Trump.  I guess if someone contacted Obama and notified him that Diane Feinstein's aide was in fact a Chinese Spy that he would not want to listen to that either. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/the-clinton-campaign-sought-dirt-on-trump-from-russian-officials-wheres-the-outrage/2018/08/02/dee4be12-9672-11e8-810c-5fa705927d54_story.html?utm_term=.28f7ba7454bb

Dossier.JPG

19 minutes ago, Thomas J said:

So lets see, they blast Trump for a hypothetical situation in which he answered he would listen and if he thought there was something wrong turn it over to the FBI while giving a complete pass to Hillary and the DNC who it is documented hired a former British MI6 spy, and affirmatively contacted Russian sources to dig up "false" but disparaging information on Trump.  I guess if someone contacted Obama and notified him that Diane Feinstein's aide was in fact a Chinese Spy that he would not want to listen to that either. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/the-clinton-campaign-sought-dirt-on-trump-from-russian-officials-wheres-the-outrage/2018/08/02/dee4be12-9672-11e8-810c-5fa705927d54_story.html?utm_term=.28f7ba7454bb

Dossier.JPG

Foreigners(Steele) meddled in Americas Elections!

From FBI Ohr- “I certainly told the FBI that Fusion GPS was working with, doing opposition research on Donald Trump,” Ohr told congressional investigators, adding that he warned the FBI that Steele expressed bias during their conversations.

“I provided information to the FBI when I thought Christopher Steele was, as I said, desperate that Trump not be elected,” he added. “So, yes, of course I provided that to the FBI.”

https://thehill.com/opinion/white-house/425739-fisa-shocker-doj-official-warned-steele-dossier-was-connected-to-clinton

https://thehill.com/opinion/white-house/442592-steeles-stunning-pre-fisa-confession-informant-needed-to-air-trump-dirt

1 hour ago, pedro01 said:

OK

No, silly, he'd have to hire a law firm  or consulting group to pay the foreign government for the information and then have them hand it over to him. You see, as long as you launder it through a third party, everything is fine and dandy! 

The current President of The United States of America is admitting he would gladly collude with a foreign power who had information on a political opponent (you know, the exact thing he was getting investigated for by Mueller) yet all you Trump fans can focus on is the definition of 'value' and the whataboutism of when Obama/Hillary did something with .......... blah, blah, blah. 

Russia interfered in the 2016 elections and this guy is admitting he would welcome it again in 2020.

Just let that sink in for a minute. The current POTUS is green lighting Russia and other adversaries to meddle in American elections and this doesn't bother you one iota?

Congratulations! Your race to the bottom of the ethics barrel is almost complete. Not long now before you hit rock bottom.   

18 minutes ago, riclag said:

Foreigners(Steele) meddled in Americas Elections!

From FBI Ohr- “I certainly told the FBI that Fusion GPS was working with, doing opposition research on Donald Trump,” Ohr told congressional investigators, adding that he warned the FBI that Steele expressed bias during their conversations.

“I provided information to the FBI when I thought Christopher Steele was, as I said, desperate that Trump not be elected,” he added. “So, yes, of course I provided that to the FBI.”

https://thehill.com/opinion/white-house/425739-fisa-shocker-doj-official-warned-steele-dossier-was-connected-to-clinton

https://thehill.com/opinion/white-house/442592-steeles-stunning-pre-fisa-confession-informant-needed-to-air-trump-dirt

Yes. Steele is a foreigner. But he was not working on behalf of a foreign government. And the FBI disclosed to the FIFA court that the material Steele collected was paid for by opponents of Trump.

What do you expect from someone who won't ask for or take advice from anyone.

'Donald Trump has caused Twitter to meltdown once again after referring to Prince Charles as ‘the Prince of Whales’ on Twitter.'

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/donald-trump-blasted-for-calling-prince-charles-the-prince-of-whales-134346079.html

15 minutes ago, johnnybangkok said:

The current President of The United States of America is admitting he would gladly collude with a foreign power who had information on a political opponent (you know, the exact thing he was getting investigated for by Mueller) yet all you Trump fans can focus on is the definition of 'value' and the whataboutism of when Obama/Hillary did something with .......... blah, blah, blah. 

Russia interfered in the 2016 elections and this guy is admitting he would welcome it again in 2020.

Just let that sink in for a minute. The current POTUS is green lighting Russia and other adversaries to meddle in American elections and this doesn't bother you one iota?

Congratulations! Your race to the bottom of the ethics barrel is almost complete. Not long now before you hit rock bottom.   

How is it whataboutism is the other side did it too and has not once apologized? If you were bemoaning the fact that both Trump AND the Democrats admit they would gladly collude with a foreign power who had information on a political opponent then maybe people would take you seriously. Your selective outrage betrays your true feelings. You realize this is all one big nothing burger, which is why you don't care in the slightest that Hillary colluded with foreign powers. You just want to gin up fake outrage to slander Trump. 

20 minutes ago, bristolboy said:

Yes. Steele is a foreigner. But he was not working on behalf of a foreign government. And the FBI disclosed to the FIFA court that the material Steele collected was paid for by opponents of Trump.

Stephanoppolis Included "foreigner " "hostile countries" and other countries in his ridiculous question that back fired on the liberals! The Fisa didn't include Clinton and the DNC sponsored  the new opo research There was a GOP(never Trumper) oppo version that was dropped  and the second one with the DNC   and the newly hired C. Steele who according to the FBI ,Mr. OHR was bias(dossier) in Mr. Trump being elected

4 hours ago, riclag said:

The hypocrisy of it.one set of rules for Mr. Trump and... 

The actions  of (Perkins coey,fusion,DNC, FBI,  some news Tedia ,and HC all  took steele's(foreigner) infoe and acted on it! 

Steele was using Russian sources(hostle gov)

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2017/03/how-the-explosive-russian-dossier-was-compiled-christopher-steele

Fusion GPS (who later employed  Steele) was initially engaged by a rightwing online publication, The Washington Free Beacon - Oh you forgot to mention that!

The Washington Free Beacon is an American, Washington DC Private business largely funded by Republican Donar Paul Singer - Oh you forgot to mention that!

The Contract between the Washington Free Beacon and Fusion GPS was to conduct campaign research for several Republican candidates into Trump, Singer and these Republican candidates were part of the 'Never Trump' movement within the Republican Party - Oh you forgot to mention that! 

The Washington Free Beacon dropped the contract with Fusion (for unexplained reasons) and Fusion then took a second contract with Clinton's campaign - Oh you forgot to mention that!

Fusion GPS is an American, Washington DC based private organisation - Oh you forgot to mention that. 

Research was fine when the GOP were paying for it, but became a problem when the Clinton's campaign were paying for it. Or did it become a problem when Steele started turning up extremely concerning evidence of Russian interference in he election to benefit Trump - a point that has since been proven. 

The timeline is here:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/2018/politics/steele-timeline/?utm_term=.4199e6de49dc

Archived