Officials check 'political' pedestal tray design at school

snoop1130

Prawit claims there was a conspiracy to get school pupils to make political statements in their offerings to teachers. His reasoning was that the pupils can't think. [emoji3][emoji25]
And thereby insulting both the students and their teachers.

He can wish that the Thai youth remain ignorant to what is happening but they are realising they have a voice. Hope for the future.

My 11 year old was telling me that his classmates are talking more and more about current affairs.

Sent from my SM-J730GM using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Eric Loh said:

Prawit claims there was a conspiracy to get school pupils to make political statements in their offerings to teachers. His reasoning was that the pupils can't think. ????????

That's the problem with the 2 Ps. Thai army....... not taught to think.....just listen and obey. He can't believe that people actually do think.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, KMartinHandyman said:

Parents idea is my opinion

Why? Don't you know that students do talk amongst themselves. These are Mattayom students. They have their own thoughts about good / bad; right / wrong etc.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I don't what age range Mattayom students are, but very well done to each and every one of them.

These kids are the future of Thailand, the next generation of FFP activists and MP's and hopefully the prime minister of this land, I hope I live long enough to see it.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Golden Triangle said:

I don't what age range Mattayom students are, but very well done to each and every one of them.

These kids are the future of Thailand, the next generation of FFP activists and MP's and hopefully the prime minister of this land, I hope I live long enough to see it.

Grades 6-12. The students were grade 12 so last year in high school.

• Like 2

I have not seen the students and even Mattayom kids so politically aware since 1973. Student activism  has been strong from 1950 and died after the 1973 massacre. Lots of this rise of student awareness due to the small group of young activists and FFP. The future of politic will most likely to be shaped by this new young awareness. There may still be some hope for democracy in Thailand.

• Like 1

The cancer of dissent suppression has spread worldwide. As paraphrased but normally attributed to Edmund Burke, "For bad men to accomplish their purposes it is only necessary that good men do nothing". Kudos to these kids for doing something.

Edited by PerkinsCuthbert
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, Golden Triangle said:

Mattayom is high school, typical age same as in most countries. 

16 minutes ago, scorecard said:

Mattayom is high school, typical age same as in most countries. 

I'm from the UK I have no idea about High School ages - are we talking teenagers ? some about to leave school for the world of work or whatever ? I left Secondary Modern education at 15 to go to work and a few months later joined the army.

2 minutes ago, Golden Triangle said:

I'm from the UK I have no idea about High School ages - are we talking teenagers ? some about to leave school for the world of work or whatever ? I left Secondary Modern education at 15 to go to work and a few months later joined the army.

Yes teenagers, at the end of mayttayom / high school they proceed to university or into first jobs. 

• Thanks 1

Kids and adults in Thailand do think for themselves but when the punishment for expressing your thoughts is ending up belly full of concrete in the Mekong or in exile like Faiyen then it quickly becomes obvious why the vast majority stay stum. Those who claim that Thais are mindless and can't think for themselves are those who don't get out and speak with people. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Eric Loh said:

Prawit claims there was a conspiracy to get school pupils to make political statements in their offerings to teachers. His reasoning was that the pupils can't think. ????????

He also thinks that the rest of the nation can't think - and - one day - that will come back to bite him - hard.

ironically the Russians had a revolution but their wealth disparity is almost the same as Thailand's. Thais are too busy with eating, lakorn and their phones to be mounting the barricades again, a lot got shot dead last time!

6 hours ago, Golden Triangle said:

12 to 18 - these were, I would expect, M5 or M6 - 17 & 18

On 6/14/2019 at 5:42 PM, worgeordie said:

The Government seems worried about any little thing,

be it a T  shirt,a Song and now a pedestal trays,designed

by youngsters,.......what next ?

regards worgeordie

Apparently, the Thai government thinks it owns Social Media now. Learning from brother Xi?

50 minutes ago, Longcut said:

Apparently, the Thai government thinks it owns Social Media now. Learning from brother Xi?

Next it will be a CCTV camera in every home,for Farang's at least.

regards worgeordie

It would be interesting to know what the government will be doing to the school via back channels...or what other local interests will be doing to curry favor with the government. The public statement is for public consumption only.

Edited by ramr