UK PM candidate Johnson: Britain must leave EU by Oct. 31 or pay the price

webfact

8 hours ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

No one will get you out of the EU, unless that someone can find a parliamentary majority for it. Your problem is not the PM’s name, but his/her ability to build bridges and find compromises (that and your weak negotiation position). 

We have already had the parliamentary majority for it. The European Union (Withdrawal) Act 2018 was legislated for us to Leave.

That's all we need. No requirement for any type of a deal in there, no compromises by anybody, nor any more voting. It's the Trump card to anything the EU might decide to discuss at another eleventh hour.  

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, puipuitom said:

So organise a secodn referendum, in which the British voters can decide what tyopepe of a Brexit they want, and if May succeeded in enough to avoid a no deal. 

What is wrong with that, except of cource.. it ends in a "forget Brexit"...

Can we get one thing straight here, the only people that want a "second referendum" are the losers and the people that don't want to leave the EU. They are the people who would be quite happy to overturn a democratic vote for their own selfish means, in life we have to accept decisions sometimes, although we don't agree with them. I don't like paying my electric bill every month, but I know it's the right thing to do, same as remainers should accept the result of the democratic vote that the British electorate was offered.

You go on to say "British voters can decide what type of Brexit they want" it is not an Argos catalogue where you look in the catalogue and say, oh, I quite like that one. Brexit means leave, and that is what the majority of the British voting public voted for, please respect their decision.

3 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Three years of near continuous decline in value.

I wonder how many expats in Thailand relying on income from the UK this is hurting?

FD1A12CB-BCC3-4C75-B553-94126A4ADA46.jpeg

This decline is NOT as a result of Brexit, because Brexit hasn't happened. This is as a result of the FEAR of Brexit. The longer it is delayed the further the decline. The best thing we can do is to stop all this cross party bickering, respect the decision of the referendum and hasten our departure. The sooner we are in a position to deal with the consequences the sooner we can regain stability, confidence and growth in our economy. 

(In addition, there is the impact of the current strength of the baht, which would have had a similar, albeit not as pronounced, effect on pound sterling regardless of Brexit)

1 hour ago, Loiner said:

We have already had the parliamentary majority for it. The European Union (Withdrawal) Act 2018 was legislated for us to Leave.

That's all we need. No requirement for any type of a deal in there, no compromises by anybody, nor any more voting. It's the Trump card to anything the EU might decide to discuss at another eleventh hour.  

The sad thing is, I think you actually believe this (despite begging from extension to extension). 

1 hour ago, foxboy said:

This decline is NOT as a result of Brexit, because Brexit hasn't happened. This is as a result of the FEAR of Brexit. The longer it is delayed the further the decline. The best thing we can do is to stop all this cross party bickering, respect the decision of the referendum and hasten our departure. The sooner we are in a position to deal with the consequences the sooner we can regain stability, confidence and growth in our economy. 

(In addition, there is the impact of the current strength of the baht, which would have had a similar, albeit not as pronounced, effect on pound sterling regardless of Brexit)

Utterly delusional.

Brexit heads towards a no-deal exit (ie the UK bereft of any international trade deals) and you blame the fall in pound on a delay to the UK destroying its international market access. 

1 hour ago, vogie said:

Can we get one thing straight here, the only people that want a "second referendum" are the losers and the people that don't want to leave the EU.

Because the “winners” (lol) know they would lose a referendum ???? 

1 hour ago, vogie said:

in life we have to accept decisions sometimes, although we don't agree with them.

No, you don’t. 

1 hour ago, vogie said:

I don't like paying my electric bill every month, but I know it's the right thing to do, same as remainers should accept the result of the democratic vote that the British electorate was offered.

Or they just show you their middle finger and keep fighting for their cause. You can keep whining on Internet forums. 

1 hour ago, vogie said:

You go on to say "British voters can decide what type of Brexit they want" it is not an Argos catalogue where you look in the catalogue and say, oh, I quite like that one.

By now, there is clear menu to chose from available. The reason Brexiteers don’t like the idea is that the menu doesn’t include the pink unicorn option anymore that they promised the people to manipulate them into voting for Brexit. 

1 hour ago, vogie said:

Brexit means leave, and that is what the majority of the British voting public voted for, please respect their decision.

Please respect that no one voted for a hard Brexit because it was never on the ballot paper. Please respect that people want to have their say now as the menu has become clear, and please respect that some people want to revisit their first vote in the light of what mass Brexit turned out to be. 

11 minutes ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

The sad thing is, I think you actually believe this (despite begging from extension to extension). 

You're not going to give us another one are you. But you said........ M. Macron says........

Hey, now that Theresa the Appeaser has gone, what if Boris does not ask for one??

8 minutes ago, Loiner said:

You're not going to give us another one are you. But you said........ M. Macron says........

Hey, now that Theresa the Appeaser has gone, what if Boris does not ask for one??

Then parliament will prevent it. Or you will crash out without a deal. Either way works for me. There is no outcome under which Brexiteers will win and the EU would lose. That’s all that matters for me. Until then, I will enjoy the shytshow you started. 

17 minutes ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

Because the “winners” (lol) know they would lose a referendum ???? 

No, you don’t. 

Or they just show you their middle finger and keep fighting for their cause. You can keep whining on Internet forums. 

By now, there is clear menu to chose from available. The reason Brexiteers don’t like the idea is that the menu doesn’t include the pink unicorn option anymore that they promised the people to manipulate them into voting for Brexit. 

Please respect that no one voted for a hard Brexit because it was never on the ballot paper. Please respect that people want to have their say now as the menu has become clear, and please respect that some people want to revisit their first vote in the light of what mass Brexit turned out to be. 

Because the “winners” (lol) know they would lose a referendum

You sound like a child in a playground, if you won the Euro Millions Draw and the organisers said you had to buy another ticket to see if you had really won it, I suspect you would be none too happy.

There were many things not on the ballot paper, please try to concentrate what was on the ballot paper and your understanding of Brexit may become more apparent, it stated Leave or Remain.

I'm really not sure if you have an aversion to realise what is happening around you or are you being deliberately obtuse.

4 minutes ago, vogie said:

Because the “winners” (lol) know they would lose a referendum

You sound like a child in a playground, if you won the Euro Millions Draw and the organisers said you had to buy another ticket to see if you had really won it, I suspect you would be none too happy.

That’s not what happened I’m afraid ???? 

4 minutes ago, vogie said:

There were many things not on the ballot paper, please try to concentrate what was on the ballot paper and your understanding of Brexit may become more apparent, it stated Leave or Remain.

I'm really not sure if you have an aversion to realise what is happening around you or are you being deliberately obtuse.

Then leave under May’s deal, or leave under a customs union, because all your interpretations of what leave means for you were not on the ballot paper ???? 

1 hour ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Utterly delusional.

Brexit heads towards a no-deal exit (ie the UK bereft of any international trade deals) and you blame the fall in pound on a delay to the UK destroying its international market access. 

So by your logic we have been heading towards a no-deal exit for the last 3 years, as evidenced by your graph?

Before you start throwing words around like 'delusional', you need to take a long look in the mirror pal

8 hours ago, AlexRich said:

The Tory membership are off their heads if they vote for Johnson. He’ll go to Europe, be told where to go, he’ll then try to engineer a no deal Brexit and find that his government is brought down in a vote of no confidence. A general election will destroy the Tories, as Farage will split their vote ... leading to the most extreme left wing government in living memory. Back to Tory members ... who will then get hit by wealth taxes, inheritance taxes, etc and see either the softest of Brexit’s or a referendum that leads to no Brexit at all.

The Tory membership and ERG loonies are set to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. 

“Leading to the most extreme left wing government in living memory, thanks to the remainers”

6420212D-97BC-46B4-A41C-0F677641438B.jpeg

3 hours ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

Then parliament will prevent it. Or you will crash out without a deal. Either way works for me. There is no outcome under which Brexiteers will win and the EU would lose. That’s all that matters for me. Until then, I will enjoy the shytshow you started. 

I'll take your "without a deal" option please. The sooner the better. That's all that matters for me.

Under what circumstances do you believe this is about Brexiteers winning and the EU losing? Is this what all your nonsense is about? It's about the UK being able to Leave the EU. Make it easy without any tricks or cheats and the EU might get a few 'wins' out of it too. Just stop extending your shytshow. 

14 hours ago, vogie said:

But he is the only man to get us out of the EU and keep a Corbyn Marxist government out of number 10, now you wouldn't want that now would you.

Hmmh, interesting. So you got a Marxist communist Democratic Party in UK parliament. 

Sounds strange or you drank too much booze? 

5 hours ago, vogie said:

They are the people who would be quite happy to overturn a democratic vote for their own selfish means, in life we have to accept decisions sometimes,

Nonsense! 

A second referendum is not an overturn because the first was built on lies. 

The second would be as democratic as the first but with greater knowledge about the facts and consequenses after BREXIT 

15 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Johnson becoming PM would result in a loss of trust in politics, the man is a documented habitual liar.

Well, your likely choices in the next General Election will be Boris, Corbyn and Farage. Which one of those 3 would NOT result in a loss of trust in politics, in your opinion?

10 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Three years of near continuous decline in value.

I wonder how many expats in Thailand relying on income from the UK this is hurting?

FD1A12CB-BCC3-4C75-B553-94126A4ADA46.jpeg

I have more bad news, Chomper. It turns out that Brexit is affecting ALL major currencies, not just the pound ????

It turns out that the US dollar, the Euro, the Japanese Yen and the Swiss Franc have all been smashed by Brexit fears!

Just take a look at these graphs, also from Bangkok Bank. As you can see, Brexit has destroyed every major currency in the world ????

dollar.PNG.32075153baff569fa837640bf2114c00.PNGEuro.PNG.f10d7fe89edf699ed7e0db3f1ff10417.PNG67742104_SwissFranc.PNG.6532b60c578e05f94c676185152fe767.PNGyen.PNG.69b76b1682fd15729ed60ba3d698f244.PNGpound.PNG.f1227ec72d61d24d9cbf112ed4d9fa80.PNG

Indeed, it seems that the only currency unaffected by Brexit terror is the Thai Baht, thanks to the wise stewardship of Prime Minister Prayut.

1 hour ago, nkg said:

I have more bad news, Chomper. It turns out that Brexit is affecting ALL major currencies, not just the pound ????

It turns out that the US dollar, the Euro, the Japanese Yen and the Swiss Franc have all been smashed by Brexit fears!

Just take a look at these graphs, also from Bangkok Bank. As you can see, Brexit has destroyed every major currency in the world ????

dollar.PNG.32075153baff569fa837640bf2114c00.PNGEuro.PNG.f10d7fe89edf699ed7e0db3f1ff10417.PNG67742104_SwissFranc.PNG.6532b60c578e05f94c676185152fe767.PNGyen.PNG.69b76b1682fd15729ed60ba3d698f244.PNGpound.PNG.f1227ec72d61d24d9cbf112ed4d9fa80.PNG

Indeed, it seems that the only currency unaffected by Brexit terror is the Thai Baht, thanks to the wise stewardship of Prime Minister Prayut.

Only the GBP has been affected by Brexit - the other currencies have only been impacted by the strengthening THB.  The graphs have their vertical axes drawn to different scales. You can see that the gradations on the GBP graph are much closer together. Drawn to the same scale the GBP graph would show a much steeper slope.  Looking at the Euro graph suggests its dropped by around 13-14% over the period. JPY similar. GBP looks like its dropped significantly more, a least 22% from pre-referendum value. That's quite a difference.

17 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Johnson becoming PM would result in a loss of trust in politics, the man is a documented habitual liar.

True, but aren't all politicians. Johnson is just a poorer liar.

4 minutes ago, HauptmannUK said:

Only the GBP has been affected by Brexit - the other currencies have only been impacted by the strengthening THB.  The graphs have their vertical axes drawn to different scales. You can see that the gradations on the GBP graph are much closer together. Drawn to the same scale the GBP graph would show a much steeper slope.  Looking at the Euro graph suggests its dropped by around 13-14% over the period. GBP looks like its dropped significantly more, around 22% from pre-referendum value.

Nobody is disputing that the GBP fell immediately following the Brexit vote. That's crystal clear.

Some people are trying to push the "narrative" that Brexit has caused a 3 year fall of the Pound versus the Baht. It's not true.

Since November 2016, the pound has been stronger against the Baht than the US dollar, Euro and Japanese Yen. That is the truth.

11 hours ago, tebee said:

Boris will say whatever he thinks will get him elected. When he does get elected he will say a completely different thing if it keeps him in power.

Trying to leave with no deal on october 31 would probably result in a vote of no confidence in the government and a GE. Do you think Boris wants to be the shortest serving PM in history ? 

If we did leave then and it was 20% as chaotic as people project, can you see the conservatives getting re-elected within a generation ? He also doesn't want to be known as the PM who lead the party into oblivian.

I'm amazed that so many leavers put their trust in a man who is such a well known lier and cheater and who has no principals other that what is best for Boris  

Thank you for an excellent post.

I expected that this thread would see the overall unicorn density rocket, given the topic was a self serving buffoon without honesty, or an iota of decency - I was not to be disappointed. 

Sadly for leavers I expect your analysis to be proved correct. The joke - although they won't be laughing - is that Boris is not a Leaver, or Remainer. Boris is the Boris candidate for the Boris party, and the irony is that he is quite likely to prove to be as unfaithful to his deluded leaver followers, as he is to his women, if it suits his agenda. 

I would say to Tory members - go on - vote for moobman if you wan't, given the alternatives how could things get any worse.

7 minutes ago, nkg said:

Nobody is disputing that the GBP fell immediately following the Brexit vote. That's crystal clear.

Some people are trying to push the "narrative" that Brexit has caused a 3 year fall of the Pound versus the Baht. It's not true.

Since November 2016, the pound has been stronger against the Baht than the US dollar, Euro and Japanese Yen. That is the truth.

Slightly strange argument, and not sure why November 2016 shoukd be a particular time of reference.  THB was jumping about a bit in Nov. 2016 - but even so it looks like EUR has fallen 7% since then and GBP 10%.  You're not very convincing on this one.....

10 minutes ago, HauptmannUK said:

Slightly strange argument, and not sure why November 2016 shoukd be a particular time of reference.  THB was jumping about a bit in Nov. 2016 - but even so it looks like EUR has fallen 7% since then and GBP 10%.  You're not very convincing on this one.....

So you acknowledge that for the last 2 and a half years, the pound has held up against the baht as well or better than other major currencies, such as the USD, EUR and JPY?

Some people would like to ignore that the Thai Baht has been gaining strength against all major currencies since late 2016, hence my choice of November 2016.

The story that Brexit has dragged the pound down against the baht for 3 years is a lie.

5 hours ago, nontabury said:

“Leading to the most extreme left wing government in living memory, thanks to the remainers”

It’s down to the ERG and the hard Brexit fools. They will soon be getting exactly what they deserve ... a Corbyn administration that will impose crippling taxes on them and a second vote ... that might just scupper Brexit for ever. 

54 minutes ago, nkg said:

So you acknowledge that for the last 2 and a half years, the pound has held up against the baht as well or better than other major currencies, such as the USD, EUR and JPY?

Some people would like to ignore that the Thai Baht has been gaining strength against all major currencies since late 2016, hence my choice of November 2016.

The story that Brexit has dragged the pound down against the baht for 3 years is a lie.

Funny how it fell around 20% in value against the Baht when the referendum result came in? 

If Brexit was irrelevant you’d have thought there would have been virtually no movement?

And it’s only deteriorated ... and only ever jumped against the Baht when a softer Brexit seemed likely.

We all get that many variables impact one currency against another, but to deny that Brexit has not had a significant impact is patently false.

20 minutes ago, AlexRich said:

Funny how it fell around 20% in value against the Baht when the referendum result came in? 

If Brexit was irrelevant you’d have thought there would have been virtually no movement?

And it’s only deteriorated ... and only ever jumped against the Baht when a softer Brexit seemed likely.

We all get that many variables impact one currency against another, but to deny that Brexit has not had a significant impact is patently false.

I didn't say Brexit was irrelevant. I said:

1 hour ago, nkg said:

I went on to say that Brexit hasn't had any effect on the pound vs the baht for the last 2 and a half years.

12 hours ago, evadgib said:

GMB's analysis was pretty revealing this morning. They didn't really have a good word for any of the candidates or the BBC's format.

What idiot went for 'Val Doonican' chairs? 

It was a set up by the antiBrexit Beeb. Even the questions and questioners were planted to try and discredit Boris & Co, except the Remainer Rory Stewart. How about these two?
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/9326850/bbc-blasted-uk-jews-imam-anti-israel/

image.png.96cac4abf3f698b9b8d91665303d5ff8.png

Yes Abdullah, it seems that words do have consequences.

6 hours ago, sawadee1947 said:

Nonsense! 

A second referendum is not an overturn because the first was built on lies. 

The second would be as democratic as the first but with greater knowledge about the facts and consequenses after BREXIT 

What about the lies that the UK were told about joining the EEC in the first place.

https://campaignforanindependentbritain.org.uk/britain-europe-bruges-group/

Talk about hypocrisy. You want a united ireland yet the UK cant be independent from the EU. How ironic.

14 hours ago, alanrchase said:

When asked to raise their hand if they would guarantee leaving by Oct 31 all four participants declined to do so. Enough said.

How can you guarantee when you have a remainer parliament. it is like asking if you put you're hand in a fire can you guarantee it won't be blistered. Your point is rubbish.

Archived