Big Joke set for sensational return to Thai Police, claims Thai media

rooster59

1 hour ago, Pib said:

If he comes back as "Assistant Commissioner" that's a step down and a two star position versus the three star position he held before.   I expect they are just trying to find a place to quietly keep him until he decides to retire.  

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Royal_Thai_Police#Rank_structure

image.png.8892c49759ef4999917f837992e6d48f.png

Only if you compare it to the UK Military/Police, as your illustration says.

I still get the feeling he'll pack plenty of punch.

No no no please don't come back.i got sick of reading every morning how the batman of Bangkok saved Thailand from the bad farang and how he managed to raise the Phoenix in Phuket single handed.i like the new guy who has got his job.no big photo ops and just gets on with it.

Edited by happy chappie

3 hours ago, Expat Tom said:

One more mark in the plus column of reasons to leave Thailand for Vietnam. My visa is up in Feb and I'll be gone by December. I have loved my many years here but it is time for a change. The powers that be don't want Farang like me who bring in 100,000 baht per month and spend it all but Vietnam and the Philippines have open arms and the welcome mat is out. 

Really? wow! I have escaped the forced  evacuation criteria  for  20% of that for over a decade.

Can't  foresee any change to my reasonably  happy comfortable situation.

But I can understand that the comparative  approximate  6% lower living  costs in Vietnam  might be  of consideration despite the  lower  average infrastructural quality at this  time.

However I am not a nomad. I am a family  man.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ExpatPH said:

Start packing up guys, ... ... and imagine the possible near future.

As much as I respect your overall thinking, @ExpatPH, please allow me to disagree on topic.

In a tiny minority, yes, but I am pleased to see the new regulations and to see the trend to even more.  The reason is that I support the goal of, "Good guys in; bad guys out."  Expats here now who won't comply, must leave.  That's too bad -- for them -- but its not my problem.  The poor expats, the retired hooligan expats, the congenitally angry expats, can all leave and I'll smile as I wave good-bye.

Nobody's asking me, but if they did, I'd say raise the required money to 1 million or 2 million or 5 million baht.  Plus mandatory health insurance.  Send around an inspector every 90 days to check on where I live -- I'll invite him in for a bit of cool air, offer him an iced coffee each time.  Require a police report from my home country -- I've done it before (for another location), and I can do it again for Thailand. 

Overall, I highly approve of all the new regulations and "get tough" policy.  And I am arranging my life here to comply with the recent changes (such as more money in the bank for longer time) and to comply with possible changes beyond those.

I welcome critique on any of this -- including in thoughtful private messages.

• Sad 1

9 hours ago, Wiggy said:

He’s probably got some dirt on someone near the top. 

Thats my guess as well. He probably had a powerful backer who was able to negotiate with the powerful individual that felt threatened to have BJ sit in the corner for a few months so he knows that he can't rock the system with impunity. He was to valuable as a poster boy to point at and say the RTP is doing it's job and protecting society. They have plenty of members of the RTP that go int the other direction.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, RLAretired said:

As much as I respect your overall thinking, @ExpatPH, please allow me to disagree on topic.

In a tiny minority, yes, but I am pleased to see the new regulations and to see the trend to even more.  The reason is that I support the goal of, "Good guys in; bad guys out."  Expats here now who won't comply, must leave.  That's too bad -- for them -- but its not my problem.  The poor expats, the retired hooligan expats, the congenitally angry expats, can all leave and I'll smile as I wave good-bye.

Nobody's asking me, but if they did, I'd say raise the required money to 1 million or 2 million or 5 million baht.  Plus mandatory health insurance.  Send around an inspector every 90 days to check on where I live -- I'll invite him in for a bit of cool air, offer him an iced coffee each time.  Require a police report from my home country -- I've done it before (for another location), and I can do it again for Thailand. 

Overall, I highly approve of all the new regulations and "get tough" policy.  And I am arranging my life here to comply with the recent changes (such as more money in the bank for longer time) and to comply with possible changes beyond those.

I welcome critique on any of this -- including in thoughtful private messages.

You know the old expression, “some animals are more equal than others”? Well, it has the same meaning as, “some animals are less equal than others”. 

You’re a ‘farang’. You’ll always be one here. If you want people to respect you, you’ll have to respect yourself first. 

Big Joke will never reach the dizzy heights he enjoyed before. Why? Because that would mean the person who demoted him losing face. And not just said person. Everyone else who went along with it. Understand the beast. 

17 hours ago, monkeycu said:

Why does it appear that the centre cop is about to do a snatch and grab on the cash 

Why pick on the centre cop?  They're all at it.  Snatch and Grab has replaced Serve and Protect as the National motto.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

One recognises that there are legions of this guy's supporters among the serried ranks of crusty farang ThaiVisa readers, but frankly I don't give an apricot toss for him, his modus operandi or his policies, which at best scoop up the already-fallen or low-hanging fruit, while leaving everything else in place, and meanwhile getting up the noses of the powers that be of the Kingdom.

Edited by PerkinsCuthbert

4 hours ago, mikebell said:

Why pick on the centre cop?  They're all at it.  Snatch and Grab has replaced Serve and Protect as the National motto.

Its the look on the centre cop, no shame at all " I want some now "