Motorcyclist killed in heavy collision with pickup truck in Thalang

rooster59

Motorcyclist killed in heavy collision with pickup truck in Thalang
By Eakkapop Thongtub

1561181791_1-org.jpg

The driver and passenger of the pickup truck reported no injuries while the motorcyclist was killed. Photo: Eakkapop Thongtub

PHUKET: A man has died following an accident in Thalang last night (June 21) in which his motorbike was smashed by a pickup truck.

Thalang police were notified of the accident at about 10:14pm.

Capt Kraisorn Boonprasop arrived at scene on the east side of Thepkrasattri Rd, near the road that leads to the airport, where a pickup truck was lying on its side near a totally wrecked motorbike.

Full story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/motorcyclist-killed-in-heavy-collision-with-pickup-truck-in-thalang-71880.php#EISxJj8ycsE6pBvd.97

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2019-06-22

13 hours ago, Matzzon said:

My bet would be on the pick-up truck. Why would it be in the position and on the wrong side of the road otherwise?

How can you tell its on the wrong side of the road? (vehicles don't always remain pointing in the direction they started in an accident)

• Like 2

Appears to be yet another example of a male Thai pick-up driver killing motorcyclists. If there was ever a justification for genetic engineering then Thai males should be at the front of the queue. What is it about them that they drive around with no responsibility and no conscience regarding the innocent victims that they maim and kill ?

• Confused 2

34 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

After an accident most vehicles are not where they're supposed to be !!!!

14 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

How can you tell its on the wrong side of the road? (vehicles don't always remain pointing in the direction they started in an accident)

The answer to both is that both the passenger and the driver of the pick-up truck had no injuries. That makes me strongly believe they didn´t turn around, jump, fly or roll to point the other way. Just using what´s left of pure logic in my fuzzy brain. ????

• Confused 2

11 minutes ago, geoffbezoz said:

Appears to be yet another example of a male Thai pick-up driver killing motorcyclists. If there was ever a justification for genetic engineering then Thai males should be at the front of the queue. What is it about them that they drive around with no responsibility and no conscience regarding the innocent victims that they maim and kill ?

So the investigation on to this has been completed and a conclusion reached by the investigators, has it?

• Sad 1

14 minutes ago, geoffbezoz said:

Meanwhile in New Hampshire 7 motorcyclists killed in a collision with a pickup towing a trailer.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

The answer to both is that both the passenger and the driver of the pick-up truck had no injuries. That makes me strongly believe they didn´t turn around, jump, fly or roll to point the other way. Just using what´s left of pure logic in my fuzzy brain. ????

"...they didn´t turn around, jump, fly or roll to point the other way".

Really?  Do you strongly believe also that the pickup isn't on it's side?

Edited by Just Weird

2 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

So the investigation on to this has been completed and a conclusion reached by the investigators, has it?

No, it hasn´t. Now to the main question. Why to you always appoint yourself to the main investigator, by complaining on as much posts as you can? 

1 minute ago, Just Weird said:

No, I you can clearly see it´s on the side in the picture. So, now go and irritate somebody else.

3 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

Yep, and a portion of your wild imagination as always. You forgot wings. :cheesy:

There was a collision, do you think that there were no braking forces and no swerving involved and that the truck magically managed to not hit the kerbs?  Really?   You can't put kinetic energy down to "my imagination"  as that is just physics and cannot be argued against.

15 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

No, it hasn´t. Now to the main question. Why to you always appoint yourself to the main investigator, by complaining on as much posts as you can? 

Who says that is "the main question"?

I don't appoint myself to be any kind of investigator, you have just done that and there's already enough of those jokers on here already!  Where do you see me reaching any conclusions about the accident as so many other posters do?

I do comment, though, on posts that I want to comment on, just as you do, that's the point of a forum.  Perhaps you're one of the members here who thinks that if someone (me, usually) disagrees with the general consensus here that person is just wrong?

Edited by Just Weird

12 minutes ago, Matzzon said:
14 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

No, I you can clearly see it´s on the side in the picture. So, now go and irritate somebody else.

My point exactly.  So, if it didn't jump, fly or roll, how did it get on it's side?  Was it just gently placed there?

Hey, if you don't like getting responses to your posts, don't post, or don't read the replies.

Edited by Just Weird

2 hours ago, Just Weird said:

There was a collision, do you think that there were no braking forces and no swerving involved and that the truck magically managed to not hit the kerbs?  Really?   You can't put kinetic energy down to "my imagination"  as that is just physics and cannot be argued against.

I will not argue with you nor regard your comments in any way from now on. Simply just a very big waste of time.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:
20 hours ago, Matzzon said:

My bet would be on the pick-up truck. Why would it be in the position and on the wrong side of the road otherwise?

It's possible the truck was on the wrong side of the road, but unlikely considering there are 2 concrete barriers and an underpass separating the traffic in the other direction. More likely, imo, that the bike rider was ghosting.

However, not ruling out the possibility it was the truck going the wrong way.

qqw.JPG