My water bottle system...

moontang

My Water Bottle System...I also use 8 water bottles filled with tap water, but divided into two strong plastic bags rather than a dirty box. I lift them up and down in various ways and call it weight lifting/exercise. Lifting them once is no big deal. Lift them 50 times and you feel the burn! I don't like the gym, preferring to get things done around the house in conjunction with my workout. If I ever decide to pack up and leave...pour out the water, toss the bottles, and I'm gone.

Edited by ColeBOzbourne

On 6/25/2019 at 4:30 PM, yokat said:

I refill big bottles and transfer to smaller ones at home using a funnel. This machine's water "tastes" better (as in doesn't taste) than nestle, singha or namthip bottled water.

How often is the filter replaced or cleaned in the water machine? Not too often I'll bet.

• Thanks 2

My system.

19 litre bottle delivered, to my kitchen bench. 40 baht.

Pumped by hand pump (150? baht Baan and Beyond) into 6 litre bottles.

One in the fridge, others waiting their turn.

Poured from 6 litre bottles into 3 x 1 litre drinking bottles that fit in the fridge door.

Cheap and easy.

13 minutes ago, oznomad said:

My system.

19 litre bottle delivered, to my kitchen bench. 40 baht.

Pumped by hand pump (150? baht Baan and Beyond) into 6 litre bottles.

One in the fridge, others waiting their turn.

Poured from 6 litre bottles into 3 x 1 litre drinking bottles that fit in the fridge door.

Cheap and easy.

Sure but in fact easier to have a water filter fitted to your kitchen sink. 

57 minutes ago, scorecard said:

Sure but in fact easier to have a water filter fitted to your kitchen sink. 

The filter might be good for some, but not for me.

My system costs me 4 baht per day (average consumption 1.9 litres)

No filter replacing. No 'infrastructure'.

The less I own, the better.

22 hours ago, scorecard said:

Have you read any of the many not good reports about the cleanliness of the water from those machines?

Why not invest 3 - 4,000Baht and install a water purifier over your kitchen sink? Many good ones on the market, easy to fit replacement filters which are readily available and not as expensive as they used to be, and initial installation not difficult at all. 

Frozen pepsi bottles etc., of water and ice-tea is great, we do that too, and very inexpensive. 

Did you actually read my comments here?

"Have you read any of the many not good reports about the cleanliness of the water from those machines?"

Yes, I have.  I made no comment about that so why do you ask that question?

"Why not invest 3 - 4,000Baht and install a water purifier over your kitchen sink?"

Because I don't want or need one, why did you suggest I do that?

"Frozen pepsi bottles etc., of water and ice-tea is great, we do that too, and very inexpensive". 

Good for you, I don't.  Why are you telling me about it?

56 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

Did you actually read my comments here?

"Have you read any of the many not good reports about the cleanliness of the water from those machines?"

Yes, I have.  I made no comment about that so why do you ask that question?

"Why not invest 3 - 4,000Baht and install a water purifier over your kitchen sink?"

Because I don't want or need one, why did you suggest I do that?

"Frozen pepsi bottles etc., of water and ice-tea is great, we do that too, and very inexpensive". 

Good for you, I don't.  Why are you telling me about it?

So perhaps starting today your own posts will never stray even a tiny bit outside of the subject involved. 

I was just making a suggestion because I know that a filter over the kitchen sink is worth it, just so easy and bottles, deliveries, carrying boxes etc., etc, all no longer needed.

Ultimately what actions you take are totally up to you.

• Sad 1

people should go look up how to make plastic bottles, from a small plastic tube, heated at very high temperatures, blown into a bottle shape and filled instantly with water... and wonder why you have that hanging baby belly stuck to your stomach ?  XENO ESTROGENS baby

11 minutes ago, scorecard said:

So perhaps starting today your own posts will never stray even a tiny bit outside of the subject involved. 

I was just making a suggestion because I know that a filter over the kitchen sink is worth it, just so easy and bottles, deliveries, carrying boxes etc., etc, all no longer needed.

Ultimately what actions you take are totally up to you.

Geez...

You did not "stray a tiny bit outside of the subject involved", you addressed something to me, specifically, that I had not even touched on!  That was my point.  Why me in particular?

Perhaps you should have made the suggestions to the person who started the OP, that wasn't me.

Just got a spam/mailshot from local outdoor chain here in the Netherlands called "Bever" for a water filter system called Lifestraw put water in bottle and suck it up, can also get a kit that fits on any bottle( more or less) I might get that save me humping up the stairs with liters of water in my guest house/hovel.

6 hours ago, justin case said:

people should go look up how to make plastic bottles, from a small plastic tube, heated at very high temperatures, blown into a bottle shape and filled instantly with water... and wonder why you have that hanging baby belly stuck to your stomach ?  XENO ESTROGENS baby

I weigh the same I did in M6.. so maybe reusing is cleaner than new.. especially, xwhen that new plastic is baking in the sun at the minimarket. 

It's really funny. Everyone has their little idiosyncrasies seemingly terrified of the water yet living in a third world country, under a junta, with stunning air pollution, flooded streets and mosquito borne diseases endemic.

I'll get my hat.

• Thanks 1

It costs 40 baht for those large bottles of water used in office dispensers. All major cities recycle water and it is no longer sewage water once it has been treated.  In the USA there has been problems with tainted tap water, but it was lead I think. When I was in India years ago the water was unsafe and needed boiling or sterilising or both.  I have heard of people here having problems with tap water but i dont rely on it.