TM30 Problems - alternatives?

After all the latest issues regards TM30, I registered a couple of weeks ago online.

After a few days, it asked me to confirm my email address through a link which I did. On screen it came up saying my email address verification was successful.

When I went back to the online website it stated my application was awaiting approval. That was some 10 days ago at least.

I am late registering for TM30, as like others, I have been at the same address for 15 years without needing to do this.

I returned February to Thailand and have done my 90 day reports as usual online, and at first, I thought this TM30 did not apply to me, as I was staying at my permanent address with yellow book. Only after further research I discovered it did, and it is regardless of my staying at the same address or yellow book.

My retirement extension and multi  re-entry permit is due next week at the new Kalasin offices, and I am concerned as to what they can do if I just take the screenshot showing ' awaiting approval ' and that I have applied for my TM30 without response from them as yet.

Ideas anybody?

17 minutes ago, Scouse123 said:

I thought this TM30 did not apply to me, as I was staying at my permanent address with yellow book.

If you go out of Thailand it does apply when you come back.

Also applies if you go and stop somewhere else in Thailand you supposed to get copy receipt from the hotel/guesthouse/house that they have notified you being there.

That's how I understand it from another thread about TM30.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 3

At CW in May when I was renewing my permission to stay I got all the way though the renew process with the IO and she then pointed out my TM30 showed me staying at hotel up country in Thailand where I been on a short holiday out side Bangkok. I was then sent to do TM30 with the Condo lease I had for the condo I stay in even though the lease is in my Thai wife name not mine. I then went back to the IO and she completed the renewal. So my suggestion is you go and do a TM30 first either on the day or before if it not too far away and then do the renewal. 

I hope this is helpful. I said, in another thread yesterday, that the "Section 38" app on my Android phone worked OK. It's available from the Google Play Store like any other app. All in Thai. Might not be too useful if they haven't finished enrollment.

Scan this QR code on your computer screen with your smart phone to get straight there! Making the application on an android phone works (Chaeng Wattana).  Confirmation of email address message received within a few hours and username and password supplied within 2 days.

20190611_093320.jpg

• Like 1

QUOTE: "After all the latest issues regards TM30, I registered a couple of weeks ago online.

After a few days, it asked me to confirm my email address through a link which I did. On screen it came up saying my email address verification was successful.

When I went back to the online website it stated my application was awaiting approval. That was some 10 days ago at least".

I  registered with the app. a few weeks ago. Like you, I got a 'confirm e-mail' message and, following success with that, an 'awaiting approval' message. BUT this was awaiting approval for me to use the app., NOT approval of a submitted TM30 notification, because I hadn't submitted a TM30. Approval to use the app. was finally received after 18 days (Khon Kaen Immigration).

Are you mistaking awaiting approval to use the app. with awaiting approval of a submitted TM30?

Edited by MartinL
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

If you go out of Thailand it does apply when you come back.

Also applies if you go and stop somewhere else in Thailand you supposed to get copy receipt from the hotel/guesthouse/house that they have notified you being there.

That's how I understand it from another thread about TM30.

I have been told at least twice if you have a 'retirement visa extension' and leave Thailand, then come back to the same address, you do NOT need a TM 30, this was at Jomtien immigration very recently and also last year.

1 hour ago, rak sa_ngop said:

Scan this QR code on your computer screen with your smart phone to get straight there! Making the application on an android phone works (Chaeng Wattana).  Confirmation of email address message received within a few hours and username and password supplied within 2 days.

20190611_093320.jpg

rak sa_ngop - Thanks a ton for this.  For Apple Users - believe it needs a Thai App store account.

Edited by tpkhk

1 hour ago, mikeymike100 said:

I have been told at least twice if you have a 'retirement visa extension' and leave Thailand, then come back to the same address, you do NOT need a TM 30, this was at Jomtien immigration very recently and also last year.

Unfortunately, not all immigrations offices are the same. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, rak sa_ngop said:

I submitted using the Android app.  It took 2 days to get the confirmation of email message and I have been waiting over 5 weeks for the Username and password.

When did you submit?  I'm wondering if I should cancel my old application and submit a new one.

1 hour ago, Fairynuff said:

Could an extension be done in a different province to avoid the TM30 fiasco?

No. Extension needs to be done where you live. If you change province to for example Jomtien (which is not concerned with tm30 you would need some proof you live there. eg lease. Also need to file change of address form. Think its tm47. Not sure of #

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, newatthis said:

Unfortunately, not all immigrations offices are the same. 

You are absolutely correct.  Requirements vary by office.  Earlier this week I was in the Chiang Rai Immigration office and was to told that I needed to submit a TM 30 after spending a few nights in Bangkok.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, statman78 said:

You are absolutely correct.  Requirements vary by office.  Earlier this week I was in the Chiang Rai Immigration office and was to told that I needed to submit a TM 30 after spending a few nights in Bangkok.

No fine?

From some reports out of CW fines of 800baht mentioned. What a gravy train. Jomtien when you gunna  get on the new source of revenue.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

32 minutes ago, statman78 said:

Nan Immigration office don't seem to require them...the wife has asked a couple of times and we were told not needed. Since then have done two 90 day reports and a single entry re-entry application and nothing mentioned.

2 hours ago, mikeymike100 said:

I have no doubt you are correct as you had re-entry visa I guess but in another thread I was made aware the law was changed and a further onus of aliens within Thailand has been implemented e.g. overnight stop guesthouse you need a receipt that the owner has notified immigration that a alien is staying there.

That's how I understand it and I stand to be corrected.

I see it as doing immigration offices job for them.

I'm sticking with Ubonjoe's quote on the situation :-

" All the excitement about it is due recent reports of immigration at the Chaengwattana immigration office in Bangkok wanting them now."

20 hours ago, Scouse123 said:

it would be nice to have at least a ' response ' from them in order to comply with this regulation that is now being enforced.

Scouse:

Even though the website indicates seven working days, it took me almost three calendar weeks to receive the user name and password. See Below.

Posted on another thread - also applicable to this thread.

My personal experience. Nonthaburi resident with yellow book living in our (wife as owner) house. 

Visited my home country USA for a month. While in the USA I registered on line hoping to avoid having to visit immigration upon our return.

Saturday, Apr 20TH. Completed the on line registration. Provided pdf file copies of wife’s Thai ID card, blue book house registration and land sale contract. Got through confirming email and got to the message “registration requires Immigration officer’s approval within 7 days (working hour).” 

Saturday Apr 27TH returned to Thailand. 

Monday, Apr 29THwent to my local immigration office (Nonthaburi) and filed my TM30 in person. IO said you can file TM30 on-line, replied waiting for user name and password.

Monday, May 13THreceived user name and password, logged on and changed password. 

Well, we are registered, have a user name and a password. Next trip outside province I’ll try TM30 on-line filing.

Been doing my 90 Day reports on-line for years, hope and expect the TM30 on-line reports will be as convenient.

Hints: as per their instructions; you need to use either IE or Chrome as your browser and the supporting document files you send cannot exceed 1MB per document you send.

Good luck to all.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, rak sa_ngop said:

20190611_093320.jpg

When I scan this code , instructs open in AppStore,get msg "AppNot Available -  This App currently not available in your country or region"  Where to next?

Guys,

When I registered online I just entered my own username and password and then registered. It accepted this on the registration page. Also, further down the registration page was an area to upload files, which I did, such as Thai ID, copy house book of partner, my passport and arrival card etc.

Later, an email arrived where I clicked the link to verify and it said ' successful ' Since then, all I get is ' waiting for approval ' Today, I used Chrome as opposed to Firefox browser. The advantage was everything came up in English showing my address and that it was in fact, waiting for Kalasin to give approval.

I am a bit confused as one poster has mentioned this may be approval to use the app?

I am using a desktop to register! I always use a desktop. This is what I am getting.

image.png.1bc923053f875a506dcc6144d8b0ef50.png

32 minutes ago, eggers said:

When I scan this code , instructs open in AppStore,get msg "AppNot Available -  This App currently not available in your country or region"  Where to next?

Search for Section 38

12 minutes ago, Scouse123 said:

Guys,

When I registered online I just entered my own username and password and then registered. It accepted this on the registration page. Also, further down the registration page was an area to upload files, which I did, such as Thai ID, copy house book of partner, my passport and arrival card etc.

Later, an email arrived where I clicked the link to verify and it said ' successful ' Since then, all I get is ' waiting for approval ' Today, I used Chrome as opposed to Firefox browser. The advantage was everything came up in English showing my address and that it was in fact, waiting for Kalasin to give approval.

I am a bit confused as one poster has mentioned this may be approval to use the app?

I am using a desktop to register! I always use a desktop. This is what I am getting.

image.png.1bc923053f875a506dcc6144d8b0ef50.png

i don't think this is related to the app from the app store.  this is for registering your address in the system, and once approved you can use the online system to file your tm-30.

you apply to register your address, then you receive a confirmation email.  reply to the email and your status changes to "awaiting approval" with 7 days wait.

if you are approved, you receive confirmation, but if NOT approved, nothing happens.  noone will contact you and the status does not change to reflect declined or additional information needed.  you gots to call them and ask.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Scouse123 said:

My retirement extension and multi  re-entry permit is due next week at the new Kalasin offices, and I am concerned as to what they can do if I just take the screenshot showing ' awaiting approval ' and that I have applied for my TM30 without response from them as yet.

Ideas anybody?

Registering to file a TM30 on line is a fairly new option. All you have done so far is aply to register your address for the online process. 

Whats wrong with completing a TM30 form and simply taking it to your Immigration Office to file, the same as we (some of us) have done in the Past??

As your extension is due next week, what's difficult about taking a completed form with you and filing the TM30 before submitting the paperwork for your extension. Then you'll have a nice new receipt in your passport anyway.

Edited by sumrit
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, sumrit said:

Registering to file a TM30 on line is a fairly new option. All you have done so far is aply to register your address for the online process. 

Whats wrong with completing a TM30 form and simply taking it to your Immigration Office to file, the same as we (some of us) have done in the Past??

As your extension is due next week, what's difficult about taking a completed form with you and filing the TM30 before submitting the paperwork for your extension. Then you'll have a nice new receipt in your passport anyway.

Yes,

I am doing just what you say.

However, it just frustrates the hell out of me trying to get to grips with this newly implemented rule, and then to get all and everything lined up perfectly and being unable to do so.

Maybe too much time on my hands. I just like everything spot on. both in my paperwork and online in the computer.

Anyway, next week I will know the whole nine yards and report back to TV hopefully, on the experience at Kalasin.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, ChouDoufu said:

i don't think this is related to the app from the app store.  this is for registering your address in the system, and once approved you can use the online system to file your tm-30. 

I think that the app and the online system are closely connected because you can register on the app too and it asks exactly the same questions. I would imagine they both feed the data you input into the same system. Of course, for many using the app will be more convenient.

People in many provinces are waiting a long time to be approved (I still have the 'waiting to be approved' message more than 5 weeks after initially applying). At CW it is taking a long time to be approved.

User Rak Sa Ngop was approved quickly using the app at CW but that might have been because he also went to CW in person... I don't think using the app will get you a result any quicker than doing it on a PC but if anybody else has had better results using the app then please share this news.

Edited by chessman
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Scouse123 said:

However, it just frustrates the hell out of me trying to get to grips with this newly implemented rule, and then to get all and everything lined up perfectly and being unable to do so

I understand what you're saying but I think you've confused yourself over the initial process.

When you initially registered you were simply applying to register your address and you shouldnt have inputted your own username and password (that one won't work in the future anyway), you need to wait for them to send you a username/password by email to use like the rest of us have done. Because the new registration application seems to have become popular it can take anything up to three/four weeks for that email to arrive. Then you can update online. Until then you have to use the old system. 

Edited by sumrit
  • Thanks 1