Johnson warns EU against any 'Napoleonic' tariffs in no-deal Brexit

snoop1130

2 minutes ago, goldenbrwn1 said:

I wouldn’t call it cowardice it’s more common sense. 

The media class in London have shown throughout the whole Brexit debate where they stand and more to the point their feelings on Boris. They will be more interested in asking him about the domestic he had with his girlfriend and bringing up the letter box Muslim comments etc etc. 

The people who who will actually be voting for our next PM don’t care about whether these staged biased debates take place or whether Boris attends and Tbch I don’t think the people who voted Brexit do iether. The media class in London lost all credibility on the Brexit debate long ago.

If johnson can't face hostile situations, then he is not fit to be pm.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, billd766 said:

You of course would do better. If you are that good and smart, why aren't you a politician?

Whatever role you take on in life, you will face difficult or even hostile situations.

I don't run or hide from them.

johnson does.

1 minute ago, vogie said:

There are many brave people who post from behind their keyboard.

Boris has no reason to join the left wing media circus, Boris has nothing to gain from people wanting Boris to fail, Hunt on the other hand............... Why should Boris pander to people who don't like him, want him to fail, it has nothing to do with hearing his rhetoric, all they want to do is throw rotten tomatoes at him. 

You're playing a blinder Boris.

Ah the irony of your first sentence, that'll keep me chuckling all day.

As to the rest, already made clear what I think of his avoidance strategies.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, goldenbrwn1 said:

Of course he can face hostile situations. He’s been doing it for years! You miss my point. The debates are useless he knows the Brexit voting public and more importantly the conservative member party view on British MSM coverage of Brexit. 

Boris giving the two fingers up to them is a genius move. 

No, I don't think I've missed the point.

I've been very clear on why I think he's avoiding the debates.

They are a lot harder than playing rugby against school children...

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, hotchilli said:

After the exit in October if EU countries apply tariffs on English goods being sold to them then it will apply in return... new tariff free deals will suddenly be negotiated.

They don't want to pay tariffs on goods exported to the UK either!!

What goes around comes around.

please check post #11 your answer is there, easy to understand

5 minutes ago, Laughing Gravy said:

I am expecting a milkshake to be thrown at me with some justification... 

Some, whatever their opinion is, are capable of acts (even abominable ones), as long as they can justified it to themselves. 

13 hours ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

1) Almost half of all UK exports go to the EU. 

2) Only 7% of all EU exports go to the UK. 

Who relies on whom? 

So you are saying half of our exports go to the EU.  So if this dries up due to cost we have lost HALF our exports.  You don't think that will harm our industry.  Also what are these exports exactly?  The EU can get them from other counties and it's going to be no skin off their nose.  But, loosing half out export business is going to hurt the UK. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, jak2002003 said:

So you are saying half of our exports go to the EU.  So if this dries up due to cost we have lost HALF our exports.  You don't think that will harm our industry.  Also what are these exports exactly?  The EU can get them from other counties and it's going to be no skin off their nose.  But, loosing half out export business is going to hurt the UK. 

you didn't know the EU was/is the UK biggest customer, wonder what Boris has been telling people

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

you didn't know the EU was/is the UK biggest customer, wonder what Boris has been telling people

I have visions of the UK being a Desert Island in a few years time if Brexit is enacted. At most there could be a few working ATMs in front of empty supermarkets still in place.

• Thanks 1