Pheu Thai MP raises Bt103,000 to support assaulted anti-junta activist

rooster59

Pheu Thai MP raises Bt103,000 to support assaulted anti-junta activist

By The Nation

e574d939691ed130c3d645b8f50e439e.jpeg

Graphic credit: Jirayu Huangsup Facebook

Pheu Thai MP Jirayu Huangsup has raised Bt103,000 in donations to help pay the medical expenses of anti-junta activist Sirawith Seritiwat who was attacked on Friday morning in Bangkok's Kannayao district.

Jirayu posted on his Facebook wall on Friday that he would give the money to Sirawith, also known as “Ja New”, on Saturday (today).

Jirayu, who represents the district where the assault happened, said he would submit an interpolation to Prime Minister Gen Prayut Chan-o-cha on Wednesday to demand answers to questions related to the assault.

“Is this Thailand? What will you say, Prayut? Ja New is a resident of the home district of Klong Sam Wa. The incident happened in front of the soi of our houses. This Wednesday, I’ll submit an interpolation for the prime minister to answer questions. If he is not present to answer questions, how can 67 million Thais stay in this country?” Jirayu said in the post.

Jirayu also thanked Pheu Thai MPs for donating to help Sirawith.

“I would like to thank brothers and sisters and Pheu Thai MPs for transferring money to help with the cost of Ja New's treatment. The latest amount as of 9:55 pm is Bt103,000. I’ll give it to his mother tomorrow,” Jirayu said.

Sirawith was beaten up by four unidentified men with baseball bats. They were wearing helmets and rode on motorbikes with no licence plates. Sirawith suffered severe injuries to his head. His mother said he told her that he suspected he was being followed.

It was the second time Sirawith has been attacked this month. On June 2, the activist was also assaulted while he was walking on the street in Bangkok.

Sirawith is a prominent pro-democracy activist who actively campaigned against the junta rule over the past five years.

According to activist Nuttaa Mahuttana, Sirawith was set to join a fundraising concert for the pro-democracy movement on Saturday before flying to India to continue his studies.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30371948

thenation_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation 2019-06-29

It is not sabai sabai if you have a differing opinion of that from general cha cha.   One may want to take precautions to defend oneself.   Never go anywhere alone and carry something to protect yourself with.  An amazingly cowardly act with no condemnation from the junta government.  Deplorable does not even begin to describe the lack of decency this government has for those have a different opinion.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, JAG said:

Come on chaps, we are missing something on this thread?

Where are the posts asking 1) how much Thaksin is paying him, 2) suggesting that it was put up to discredit the government, 3) referring to something that happened 20 years ago that somehow justifies it?

As they say on the football terraces "it's all gone quiet over there..."

You forgot the ones that will claim that it is self inflicted ! or the ones that claim he didn't look all that hurt, or nonsense along the way. 

3 hours ago, Eligius said:

Yes, my friend, Rkidlad: that is the difference between those of us who truly believe in law, order and democracy, and those who do not.

Like you, as much as I am opposed to the junta, I would not support violent assaults upon their persons - even the persons of the junta's leading member(s) [Sorry: no verbal double entendre intended!].

What is needed here is something simple, but sorely lacking in present-day Thailand  - honest JUSTICE.

What?     Ja New, the guy attacked , is NOT a Junta supporter!   He is an activist opposed to them and in support of real democracy .

Why do you assume he is a Junta supporter?  The very opposite in fact

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

42 minutes ago, musiclover said:

What?     Ja New, the guy attacked , is NOT a Junta supporter!   He is an activist opposed to them and in support of real democracy .

Why do you assume he is a Junta supporter?  The very opposite in fact

I thought what you thought too, initially, Musiclover: I thought that Rkidlad was under the misapprehension that Ja New is a junta supporter. I don't think Rkidlad meant that; I think he simply did not express his view very clearly - the view that although Ja New has been attacked by (junta-supporting) thugs, Rikidlad would still not support anti-junta people doing something similar to the junta thugs in return.

I agree with him.

Edited by Eligius
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, JAG said:

Where are the posts asking 1) how much Thaksin is paying him, 2) suggesting that it was put up to discredit the government, 3) referring to something that happened 20 years ago that somehow justifies it?

JAG: LOL, it seems nobody from 'over there' needs to make any noise, as you're 'chanting' their tunes for them...! Ridicule?

32 minutes ago, sammieuk1 said:

Think we forget how dangerous this opposition lark can be in this self interest political cess pit???? 

'sammieuk1': a what? A lark? The bird? You must be joking then. Compare this fat sposored troublemaker to this tiny singing bird... 

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, sjaak327 said:

You forgot the ones that will claim that it is self inflicted ! or the ones that claim he didn't look all that hurt, or nonsense along the way. 

Interesting comment 'sjaak327', could it indeed be 'self inflicted' by the loudmouth fatso's agit-prop cell to revive some public interest around his person, or maybe a 'false flag' op by a, different, more violent, opposition group...? Indeed, sjaak, good we have cool thinkers like you, not falling for hypes, ...and paranoïa! Thank you

4 hours ago, Eric Loh said:

The donation drive is applaudable while the silence from the interior minister and the government are deplorable. It’s almost like admitting that they are behind the brutal attack.     

You would like that, wouldn't you, Khun Eric? 'It's almost like' you lost your proverbial prudence concerning expeditory justice... It must be 'them'! Is it? Are you positively sure, couldn't it be something far worse?

8 minutes ago, bangrak said:

Interesting comment 'sjaak327', could it indeed be 'self inflicted' by the loudmouth fatso's agit-prop cell to revive some public interest around his person, or maybe a 'false flag' op by a, different, more violent, opposition group...? Indeed, sjaak, good we have cool thinkers like you, not falling for hypes, ...and paranoïa! Thank you

Nowhere did I claim to know how actually harmed him. However if previous history is anything to go by, the usual suspects are not a violent opposition group. We all know the junta has a bit of problem with this person. And so they should, he is one of the guys that actually calls them out for what they are, criminals that have no business running this country. 

What a surprise, there's a PTP guy collecting money for old(*) 'Ja New'... Who else...

(*is he such a bad learner, ...or much too busy with other stuff for years, to, still, be a university student at his age, wonder who's paying for his studies, ...and his food?) 

...And that 'graphic' on that Jirayu PTPer FB, reminds me a lot of the Maoïst communist tracts and posters of yore, ...and still in some S-american and asian countries with Maoïst terrorist groups! But it must be only artistic inspiration, there are no communists in the PTP, Weng, Thida and consorts are UDD...

11 minutes ago, sjaak327 said:

Nowhere did I claim to know how actually harmed him. However if previous history is anything to go by, the usual suspects are not a violent opposition group. We all know the junta has a bit of problem with this person. And so they should, he is one of the guys that actually calls them out for what they are, criminals that have no business running this country. 

Yes, 'sjaak327', that's what I thanked you for! And, no, Sjaak, the 'we all know' kind of stuff does not fit you. That's more something for fascist groups, spreading rumours(!) to put the black spot on others.

Just now, bangrak said:

Yes, 'sjaak327', that's what I thanked you for! And, no, Sjaak, the 'we all know' kind of stuff does not fit you. That's more something for fascist groups, spreading rumours(!) to put the black spot on others.

I do believe the various run in with the Junta are pretty well documented, they are therefore not rumors. I do see you didn't disappoint JAG after all, your rumors are mildly entertaining, as usual completely devoid of any actual proof. If you don't mind, I am believing this story 100%, considering the other side. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, JAG said:

Nobody in their right mind condones violence, including politically motivated violence. Whether Junta supporters or Shin gang supporters is irrelevant. Those guilty should be caught and face justice. But that requires a real justice system which isn't in place.

Of course, had this been an attack on a Junta supporter or anti Shin activist you'd be claiming it was a "false flag" operation.

But this man better watch out, he may get "disappeared" just like you kept claiming Yingluck and her son were!!

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, sjaak327 said:

I do believe the various run in with the Junta are pretty well documented, they are therefore not rumors. I do see you didn't disappoint JAG after all, your rumors are mildly entertaining, as usual completely devoid of any actual proof. If you don't mind, I am believing this story 100%, considering the other side. 

If someone attacks a anti Junta activist then you assume automatically must be Junta supporters.

If someone attacks a anti Shin activist or a Junta supporter then the speculation is it must be a false flag.

How accommodating! 

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

If someone attacks a anti Junta activist then you assume automatically must be Junta supporters.

If someone attacks a anti Shin activist or a Junta supporter then the speculation is it must be a false flag.

How accommodating! 

I am not making any assumptions, I just go by the article. It is highly unlikely he was attacked by anti junta activist, it defies logic. Unless of course you are thinking in the same warped way as Bangrak. meanwhile ignore the ample evidence that exists about how the junta deals with any opposition. 

As to the rest of your post, I dare you to provide any post of myself where I claim violence against pro junta or anti Shinawatra people was self inflicted. You won't find any such posts of course. 

Does it pay well to defend the junta ?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

52 minutes ago, RobboR said:

I suppose you are fine with the murders of activists in Laos too? 

Since I understand that they were, in their youth (may still have been) members of the Communist Party, I suspect that he regards it as perfectly reasonable.

Very much of the "we had to destroy the village to save it" school of thought...

Edited by JAG
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Baerboxer said:

Of course, had this been an attack on a Junta supporter or anti Shin activist you'd be claiming it was a "false flag" operation.

No I wouldn't. There are some who might, but I would not make that claim unless there was any evidence - and I suspect you know that.

2 hours ago, Baerboxer said:

But this man better watch out, he may get "disappeared" just like you kept claiming Yingluck and her son were!!

I did not claim that, I observed that it was a possible explanation for the prolonged absence from public view of both of them. There is a significant difference between claiming something, and suggesting that something may possibly have happened - but again, I suspect you know that.

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, sammieuk1 said:

Think we forget how dangerous this opposition lark can be in this self interest political cess pit???? 

... and getting more dangerous by the day as these acts go unpunished and unexplained... 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Baerboxer said:

One "could" say Yingluck in fact did disappear. Somewhere along the Cambodian border, with the Junta looking utterly incompetent. One of the most hillarious sagas of the past five year under Junta rule...

Apparently, this bloke was on his way to India, but I guess, he needed a lesson. If I were him, I would disappear as well, health is a great good !

Edited by sjaak327