TM30, too many documents asked that I can't get

Hi,

I'm moving into a new apartment soon, I wanted to be ready to do the TM30 by myself as I travel quite a lot but the required documents are too much and I wont be able to get them from the landlord as certified true copies are required of sensitive documents and POA...

I asked my real estate agent and since I already paid I think they don't care at all what I do or don't do now.

Also I don't have any contact of the landlord, it wasn't provided to me by the agent, just a rental contract.

https://extranet.immigration.go.th/fn24online/FilterNoLogonServlet?nodeId=24&programId=FNHOTELREG

1. ใบอนุญาตให้ประกอบกิจการ หรือหนังสือรับรองการจดทะเบียน หรือสำเนาทะเบียนบ้าน ของที่พักอาศัยที่ให้บริการ (เซ็นรับรองสำเนาถูกต้อง) 
2. หนังสือมอบอำนาจดำเนินการแทนในการลงทะเบียนรับแจ้งที่พักฯ (หากเจ้าของกิจการ หรือเจ้าของบ้านลงทะเบียนเอง ไม่ต้องแนบฯ) 
3. สำเนาบัตรประชาชนของผู้มอบอำนาจและผู้รับมอบอำนาจ (เซ็นรับรองสำเนาถูกต้อง)

4 minutes ago, JohnnyBKK said:

Never heard of this, where is the link to show how to do it via mail. By mail you mean the post, right ? No the electronic mail.

Yes mail post. You can do it as "possessor". Download TM30 form. Some threads here state address to send it to.

15 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Correct. That is the only one that allows possessor.

So if you are renting a moo baan house in a gated community with a lease you can't submit a TM30, either by mail or in person, as a POSSESSOR?? Only if you are renting a condo? Why should it make a difference? 

Edited by owenm
spell edit

19 minutes ago, owenm said:

So if you are renting a moo baan house in a gated community with a lease you can't submit a TM30, either by mail or in person, as a POSSESSOR?? Only if you are renting a condo? Why should it make a difference? 

No

If you select this it allows for the possessor to do it.

image.png.a2d3dba36ff183d0e8bf40e1666436d2.png

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Jumbo1968 said:

Why do a TM30, I rent my property and only do a TM28 as the owner lives abroad.

You may of gotten away with only a TM28 form before but if your immigration office wants a TM30 form you may need to do one.

You can do one yourself as the possessor of the house.

17 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

It appears you have not selected your position as the possessor.

Select what it is shown in this screenshot and try again.

image.png.6c535b5166bb79dcac314198eddbf5d4.png

Is this all there is to the online form?  No documentation of any kind.  It just seems too simple.

6 minutes ago, AAArdvark said:

Is this all there is to the online form?  No documentation of any kind.  It just seems too simple.

There is more to the registration page than what is shown in that screengrab.

At the end of it is when you upload documents.

20 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You may of gotten away with only a TM28 form before but if your immigration office wants a TM30 form you may need to do one.

I did a TM28 a few weeks ago at Jomtien, I had the previous one in stapled my Passport, nothing mentioned about a TM30. 

The owner lives abroad permanently, I have very little or no contact with her, I pay the rent I to her bank account every month.

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, chilly07 said:

Are these forms for registering to submit TM30s or actually submitting a TM30 for an individual farang?

Registering.

After registering you just sign in and complete a single line of info about the person being reported.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Registering.

After registering you just sign in and complete a single line of info about the person being reported.

I registered three weeks ago and did all what was required but still waiting for approval on this.

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

But not always.. I couldnt do a TM30 as possessor, despite having a contract.. I couldnt get the landlord to do it (one lived overseas, next lived in bangkok). I went over and over it from multiple angles with multiple staff back then. 

Chiang Mai were adamant the house owner or his representative (not me) had to do it so I made them give me a TM28 to cover myself.. 

As always its one of those 'it depends' kind of issues as each IO and office seems to have a different view. 

Despite having discussion on this in another thread that I started, I am still confused.

I register TM30 online so as far as I'm aware, that part is covered - its the TM 28 requirements that are leading to my confusion. Section 37, sub section 2 of the Immigration Act states:

2. Shall stay at the place as indicated to the competent official. Where there is proper reason
that he cannot stay at the place as indicated to the competent official, he shall notify the competent official of the change in residence , within 24 hours from the time of removing to said place.

My interpretation of this is that I have reported the 'the place as indictated to the competent official' by providing my address on the TM6 Landing card and that as long as I don't stay anywhere else, I've complied with the rules and don't have to register TM28. Can anyone confirm this is correct?

In practical terms, I do sometimes stay elsewhere. The current 'clampdown' seems to be aimed at TM30 only and unless that changes, I have no intention of reporting TM28 when I do stay at other places. To be on the safe side though, each time I return after staying elsewhere, I register TM30 again.

Edited by KhaoYai

38 minutes ago, KhaoYai said:

My interpretation of this is that I have reported the 'the place as indictated to the competent official' by providing my address on the TM6 Landing card and that as long as I don't stay anywhere else, I've complied with the rules and don't have to register TM28. Can anyone confirm this is correct?

Immigration will only want a TM28 form if you change your home address.

• Thanks 1