U.S. lawmaker describes 'horrifying' conditions at Texas migrant facility

webfact

2 minutes ago, bristolboy said:
10 minutes ago, atyclb said:

remember how disappointed new yorkers were after aoc prevented amazon . com from choosing nyc to open a center that was to create 25000 jobs. remember how jussie smollet hired 2 nigerian brothers to stage attacking him?   fake or real ??

jobs-created-2-jobs-created-25000-aoc-meme-43336467.png

Nice attempt at deflection. You posted a lie and even now don't acknowledge that you did.

i posted an additional example. nothing to infer the recent photos crying at a parking lot fence were fake. 

is the additional example fake or real ??

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, atyclb said:

we are all entitles to our personal opinions, i simply stated mine. whats wrong with being a democrat and a free thinker?

Because most people would assume that Democrats share certain core values. So you can certainly call yourself a democrat but as for sharing those values, like respect for working people...

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Thainesss said:

What lie? He posted a meme for crying out loud. 

And it wasn’t a lie. Snopes didn’t disprove the accusation, she was literally fake-crying at an empty parking lot with border patrol agents on the inside. 

Theres video of it out now. 

Link please.

2 minutes ago, bristolboy said:
5 minutes ago, atyclb said:

we are all entitles to our personal opinions, i simply stated mine. whats wrong with being a democrat and a free thinker?

Because most people would assume that Democrats share certain core values. So you can certainly call yourself a democrat but as for sharing those values, like respect for working people...

my heroes while growing up included jfk, mlk jr, mahatma gandhi, bob dylan, john lennon and jimi hendrix i come from a lower middle class family neither of my parents going beyond high school. i, as you have the right to have personal opinions and a politician very much in the public light supposedly working to benefit people are certainly subject to public scrutiny. i supported bill clinton but how is it his wife hillary, a democrat with core values like "respect for working people" as you put it, gets to call millions of americans "deplorables" ??            

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Credo said:

The DHS has put out a Management Alert, concerning overcrowding and prolonged detention of adults and minors.   

It's a further damning report from a government agency.   The overcrowding is so bad that in some of the facilities it is standing room only, it is not possible to sit or lie down.   It includes pictures:

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/dhs-inspector-general-report-reveals-squalid-conditions-at-migrant-detention-centers/

IIRC the USA used buildings called Quonset huts and the company is still in business. They are not that expensive and can be reused in other places as temporary accommodation. They just need a plot of land with electricity, water and sewage to be connected.

https://www.steelmasterusa.com/quonset-huts/kits/

The cost-effective, easy-to-assemble building solution you’ve been waiting for is finally here—the DIY prefabricated Quonset Hut™ kit.

If you have a dream building in mind, SteelMaster has a kit to make that a reality.

Our prefabricated Quonset Hut™ kits have been used as sheds, garages, warehouses, businesses, workshops, and even houses. The possibilities are virtually endless.

Although Quonset Huts are not necessarily a new concept, modern innovation has reignited the interest in these super durable buildings, and customers enjoy the many benefits that come with owning one of these arch-style structures.

quonset-hut-building-kits-768x576.jpg

Edited by billd766
added image

16 minutes ago, atyclb said:

my heroes while growing up included jfk, mlk jr, mahatma gandhi, bob dylan, john lennon and jimi hendrix i come from a lower middle class family neither of my parents going beyond high school. i, as you have the right to have personal opinions and a politician very much in the public light supposedly working to benefit people are certainly subject to public scrutiny. i supported bill clinton but how is it his wife hillary, a democrat with core values like "respect for working people" as you put it, gets to call millions of americans "deplorables" ??            

Spare me the alleged personal details of your life. Virtually everyone here is anonymous so personal claims aren't verifiable. As for you focusing on the statement from Hillary..you think that outweighs the actualy policy differences between her and Trump? He's appointed anti-worker justices to the federal courts. A supreme court that says discriminating against minority voters is not unconstitutioanal. He's passed a tax bill that massively favored the rich. He is trying to eliminate health care for low income people and those with pre-existing conditions. But you focus on Clinton's statement about the deplorables? One the that Trump supporters consistently raise? Please, you're not fooling anybody except those who want to be fooled i.e. Trump supporters.

• Confused 2

52 minutes ago, bristolboy said:

Aren't you the guy who claimed in this very thread " I'd support that but would be surprised if the authorities did not have whole medical and welfare teams there. AOC would look at a white wall and call it black if it suited her political ambitions."

Now you're blaming who exactly for not enough funding?

Ya. I support proper inspections of course. There is a serious lack of funding and the facility is not designed for this use. BUT ultimate responsibility has to be with parents bringing kids on this horrific journey also it's a kind of emotional blackmail to America.

• Like 1

Government Watchdog Finds Squalid Conditions in Border Centers

I did look for this story on foxnews.com  Oddly enough there was no trace of it. They did have an article about some hispanic pastors who claimed everything was fine. Damned lying government watchdogs.
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Interesting news from Oz today re Malaysians running an asylum scam. They enter on an electronic tourist visa, apply for asylum, then appeal when rejected. By the time the process is completed they have had (usually) over 2 years to legally work in Oz.

BUT Border Force are on to it and are cancelling their visas before immigration, sending them straight home.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-07-03/malaysia-visa-protection-influx-at-australian-airports/10959988 

The trend is "concerning" due a lack of transparency, according to Asher Hirsch, a senior policy officer at the Refugee Council.

"While legislation and the department's policy says that people who claim asylum at the airport must be allowed to lodge a protection application, we have heard worrying stories from lawyers and refugees themselves of people being returned at the border without the chance to apply for asylum," he said.

I am also concerned that poor starving refugees from poverty stricken and war-torn Malaysia are not able to scam Australia at the cost of millions of dollars to Oz citizens. But at least one country is saying "Enough!" to those preying on liberal western attitudes. 

• Like 1

migrants drinking from toilet could be related to using compact combined fixture plumbing due to having to accomodate for so many in facilities not built for so many.  it would be correct if staff informed them the location of tap water

i have seen pics of stainless steel toilets at posh high end discos

if so they are not actually drinking toilet water but fresh tap water.  see pics below

Screen Shot 2019-07-03 at 19.04.47.png

Screen Shot 2019-07-03 at 19.04.39.png

Screen Shot 2019-07-03 at 19.06.00.png

Edited by atyclb
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, atyclb said:

migrants drinking from toilet could be related to using compact combined fixture plumbing due to having to accomodate for so many in facilities not built for so many.  it would be correct if staff informed them the location of tap water

if so they are not actually drinking toilet water but fresh tap water.  see pics below

As AOC pointed out, some of the faucets are non-functional.

• Haha 1

775$ per head per day at that price they could have sleeping bags insulated with dollar bills and still make money they can’t provide basic stuff at that price point?now that’s squandering on shal I say a Trumpian scale no excuse a Pathetic result for the amount of money spent 

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Thainesss said:

Yeah, because AOC isn’t full of chit or anything. 

Do you understand that the Office of the Inspector General at the Dept. of Homeland Security today essentially confirmed what AOC was claiming. Or did you somehow overlook that datum?

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, bristolboy said:
2 hours ago, atyclb said:

As AOC pointed out, some of the faucets are non-functional.

i never said they were or weren't, my post and photos simply offered a possible explanation for reports of drinking from toilets. basic reading comprehension is your best friend

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, atyclb said:

i never said they were or weren't, my post and photos simply offered a possible explanation for reports of drinking from toilets. basic reading comprehension is your best friend

Other posters have already addressed this issue earlier in the thread.

• Confused 2

53 minutes ago, Thainesss said:

“Essentially confirmed” he says. 

OIG “confirmed” none of what AOC’s lunatic self was claiming about detainees being forced to drink toilet water, and you wouldn’t be able to cite the OIG saying anything close to it either, that’s why you put “essentially” in there. 

Everyone in the USA knows the centers are overcrowded. OIG stated nothing new. 

Its AOC’s psycho, unsubstantiated, and evidence free twitter meltdowns are what people are talking about. 

Overall I think it’s hilarious you guys have hitched you’re wagon to the craziest woke liberal weirdo supervictim. Good luck with all that. 

everyone knows that the centers are overcrowded. Here what what one thaivisa member wrote:

"Her "inspection" was no surprise to the facility, they would naturally want to show that it is well run, knowing how AOC operates I suspect she had her narrative planned before arrival. She wants open borders, no immigration enforcement at all. She is a proven fraud, be skeptical of anything she says."

It got 15 "likes" and 1 "thank you". And that was just on the first page.

• Confused 2