we were told TM30 not needed, by Immigration

1 minute ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

BKK CW has been fining people who have stayed at hotels in Thailand, had those hotels file a TM30 for them, and then they themselves not having updated the TM30 report back to their home residence when they go for an extension application.

Once a TM30 is filed for particular location, as I understand it, it stays at that location in the TM30 system until a new TM30 report comes along to replace it. I don't find anything hard to comprehend about that.

I can read about that all day here on thaivisa forum. But nobody ever has presented first hand experience and proof on the issue that thai immigration has designed a completely useless system for reporting. How have you gained this understanding? Or are you simply talking about something you have no understanding over what so ever. It is all based on rumours and imagination. I have no reason to imagine such. If someone got fined for something, maybe it was for a good reason, maybe they failed at some point. If what you have heard was true, why didn't they simply present their TM30 receipt? That would be huge news if CW was running simple scams like you are saying, some country side offices are known to be erratic, but CW clearly instructs to redo TM30 after new TM6. I have never heard of that happening at CW and I do following many visa advice sites online.
So who are these people who got fined wrongly about TM30 if they had filed their TM30, or maybe the fine was for something else? Maybe they had never filed  TM30?

I can give you a recent first hand experience on 90 days address reporting with out an issue. After filing my TM30 I have stayed in dozens of hotels around Thailand and was staying in a hotel in a different province to my residence and TM30. There was zero issues doing my 90 days report to that TM30 address online while staying at a hotel in a different province which I assume should have filed a TM30 of my stay there. And why would there be?

• Sad 2

24 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Chaengwattana are certainly giving out different information to different people. Maybe it depends on the type of Extension. Our teachers have been told that once a TM30 is on file, a new one only needs to be completed if they move to a new permanent address.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

This sounds to me the advice they give to everyone. Did the teacher specifically ask about the situation if he has a new arrival and TM6 and was told no? Maybe the new TM6 situation was not discussed as the teachers usually work and have little time for trips to foreign countries.

This sounds to me the advice they give to everyone. Did the teacher specifically ask about the situation if he has a new arrival and TM6 and was told no? Maybe the new TM6 situation was not discussed as the teachers usually work and have little time for trips to foreign countries.
Admittedly it was over a month ago, but returning from overseas was certainly mentioned as one teacher had a trip home planned.

Sent from my SM-A500F using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, zhangxifu said:

You certainly have a vivid imagination. You choose to drag these conversations on and on. I will explain it to you one more time.

If you want to stop a discussion or debate it’s best not to keep replying.

I have registered my residence where I own or rent. If I stay in a hotel I will return to my residence after. Nothing will break down, it's all very clear.

Yes it does.

The local address system that is updated every 90 days hasn’t changed BUT the national system still has you at the hotel. 

In order for the national record (TM.30) to be correct someone at the address you are now staying at should submit a TM.30 so the national record is updated. If it isn’t that record will only be updated the next time you stay elsewhere, or make a 90 day report and only then if the office update both databases.

There is no need for me to report again. If there was, the online reporting would be actually brainless. So far, you have not presented any reason for us to believe that the system truly is brainless as you imagine it is. 

The fact that you have returned to the address held on the local database is irrelevant to the TM.30 requirements or records.

The immigration system has at least three databases that I know of and the local and national databases are not fully linked. The laws are 40 years old and not fit for purpose, and as the databases are not linked “brainless” is a good description.

• Sad 1

15 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Admittedly it was over a month ago, but returning from overseas was certainly mentioned as one teacher had a trip home planned.

Sent from my SM-A500F using Tapatalk

That is interesting. I would play safe and redo TM30 when new TM6 as the TM6 is a big part of the reporting. It's very fast to file TM30 online after the initial registration. Or better yet go do at office and see what they think about not doing it.

2 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

I do not have internet explorer.

Neither do I. I am on MacOS and Chrome and never had a single issue on reporting online. You have seem to have got caught to another rumor circulating in these forums.

7 minutes ago, elviajero said:

If you want to stop a discussion or debate it’s best not to keep replying.

Yes it does.

The local address system that is updated every 90 days hasn’t changed BUT the national system still has you at the hotel. 

In order for the national record (TM.30) to be correct someone at the address you are now staying at should submit a TM.30 so the national record is updated. If it isn’t that record will only be updated the next time you stay elsewhere, or make a 90 day report and only then if the office update both databases.

The fact that you have returned to the address held on the local database is irrelevant to the TM.30 requirements or records.

The immigration system has at least three databases that I know of and the local and national databases are not fully linked. The laws are 40 years old and not fit for purpose, and as the databases are not linked “brainless” is a good description.

And you know this because Johnny at the Jacks bar told you so???

Following your reasoning CW should be collecting huge amounts in fines, especially after they have instructed everyone to not report after hotel stays. Please show us these people they have now got scammed and fined. Otherwise it's just your private conspiracy theory.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

You should not report me as staying indefinitely at your place but with a leaving date. That's how online system works.

Most private residencies do not have access to the online system and, if reporting, use the paper one form which doesn’t have a departure date.

Again and regardless, a leaving date does not tell immigration where you are staying having left that address. And that break is only closed when a new TM.30 is submitted.

• Sad 1

9 minutes ago, elviajero said:

Most private residencies do not have access to the online system and, if reporting, use the paper one form which doesn’t have a departure date.

Again and regardless, a leaving date does not tell immigration where you are staying having left that address. And that break is only closed when a new TM.30 is submitted.

Seriously, I suggest that you go talk with CW to clear this instead of spreading fear and rumour here. The truth is that most people using CW have not encountered the faith you are fear mongering here.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, zhangxifu said:

And you know this because Johnny at the Jacks bar told you so???

Following your reasoning CW should be collecting huge amounts in fines, especially after they have instructed everyone to not report after hotel stays. Please show us these people they have now got scammed and fined. Otherwise it's just your private conspiracy theory.

I know because of over 20+ years of dealing with immigration, following immigration policy closely since 2006 and being shown the system at my local office a few years ago, and my contacts in immigration.

If you did have any real knowledge of this subject you would know that CW only recently joined other offices in increasing the enforcing of TM.30 reporting for private residences. You would also know that the main reason for the increased enforcement over recent years was triggered by the Bangkok bombing and the real or perceived fears over security. And that the another big reason is the increased number of visitors staying in private residences.

Offices could have been collecting fines for years, but if you speak to the IO's you would know they don't like enforcing the address reporting laws anymore than we like following them. It just causes them work.

You clearly don't have knowledge of the system and are making assumptions about how it works based on limited experience at CW and using the online system.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, zhangxifu said:

Seriously, I suggest that you go talk with CW to clear this instead of spreading fear and rumour here. The truth is that most people using CW have not encountered the faith you are fear mongering here.

Exactly what fear am I spreading?

• Sad 1

17 hours ago, mfd101 said:

In the 5 years I've lived in LOS (the last 4 continuously) I've never once filled out either a 30 or a 28. Never asked, never needed.

Be prepared the next time you need immigration to issue an Extension, residence certificate ...most all offices are enforcing the TM30 rules.

3 hours ago, zhangxifu said:

I can give you a recent first hand experience on 90 days address reporting with out an issue. After filing my TM30 I have stayed in dozens of hotels around Thailand and was staying in a hotel in a different province to my residence and TM30. There was zero issues doing my 90 days report to that TM30 address online while staying at a hotel in a different province which I assume should have filed a TM30 of my stay there. And why would there be?

You are conflating two different reporting requirements.

You can make an online 90 day report from anywhere using your 'home' address. The report goes directly to that office and someone at the office then manually updates the local record. They probably wouldn't even look at the national record if you haven't changed address.

Your address on the national database may or may not be out of sync and is only ever in sync if someone submits a new TM.30 when you arrive at your current address. The only exception is when you make a 90 day report and the IO checks the national system and updates that too if required.

• Sad 1

18 hours ago, mfd101 said:

In the 5 years I've lived in LOS (the last 4 continuously) I've never once filled out either a 30 or a 28. Never asked, never needed.

Same here, but I think the only problem will be when a residence certificate will be needed for a new driving license ? I only visit immigration every 5 years for this purpose. So it will cost me 2000 thb ?

10 hours ago, Bert got kinky said:

That does not make any sense.

The Immigration form TM.105 is for 'Alien who wishes to ask permission to go shopping at a shopping mall which is more than 5km from their residence', not to be confused with Immigration form TM.150 'Permission for alien to be allowed to be seen in public'.

Tm150 has to be submitted 24hrs (and not over 36hrs) before leaving said residence. Where upon the subsequent Tm105 covers the 5km trip to the Mall.

What I don't understand is what Tm gets me back from the mall. 

10 hours ago, elviajero said:

The Embassies couldn't and wouldn't do anything. We've got off lightly for years and even now they could - in many cases - be far stricter in enforcing the law. If every office was consistent and enforced the law it could be far worse.

Consistency to the laws,rule,regulations and orders would at least level the playing field and we would all know where we stood and be able to supply required paperwork easily. It would also assist to cut out the claims of corruption.

2 hours ago, wreckingcountry said:

Where /when is the TM30 completed and by whom ! The owner or landlord does it ? And where do I present it ?

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

TM30 is presented to local immigration office within 24 hours of arrival of a foreigner stay.  The owner/landlord/authorized representative files the report directly to immigration.  You should not be involved other than providing the required passport information.  The issue is often this is not being done and now some immigration offices will not provide service until it is on file - so foreigners are being tasked to force or in some cases do this task (by defining the renter as in control of the property - ie putting the chickens in charge of the chickens).

8 hours ago, zhangxifu said:

That is interesting. I would play safe and redo TM30 when new TM6 as the TM6 is a big part of the reporting. It's very fast to file TM30 online after the initial registration. Or better yet go do at office and see what they think about not doing it.

I do mine by mail.  I don't plan to leave the country, but some of my colleagues will.  The fine is minimal really, and I doubt any of those who do leave/return during their Extension will be bothered to take a day off to do an new TM30 report in person, or do it by mail or online.  I'll report back how this affects their next Extension or if it affects doing 90-day reports etc.

TM30 is presented to local immigration office within 24 hours of arrival of a foreigner stay.  The owner/landlord/authorized representative files the report directly to immigration.  You should not be involved other than providing the required passport information.  The issue is often this is not being done and now some immigration offices will not provide service until it is on file - so foreigners are being tasked to force or in some cases do this task (by defining the renter as in control of the property - ie putting the chickens in charge of the chickens).

So if I apply for re entry permit immigration office may check if my address TM30 is on file, and when I arrive in Thailand at airport they can check to see have been registered at an address?

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

52 minutes ago, wreckingcountry said:

So if I apply for re entry permit immigration office may check if my address TM30 is on file, and when I arrive in Thailand at airport they can check to see have been registered at an address?

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Have not heard of any checks at airport and you would not have on arrival in any case but you put proposed address on arrival card.  Some immigration offices will require a current address report be on file to allow extensions of stay - not sure if checking for re-entry.

12 hours ago, zhangxifu said:

Neither do I. I am on MacOS and Chrome and never had a single issue on reporting online. You have seem to have got caught to another rumor circulating in these forums.

That is a surprise to me, all over Thaivisa, all you seemed to get was you can only report online with IE.

I do not use Chrome and would not touch it with a 10 ft pole, have never heard of MacOS. I use Opera and Firefox is good for downloading Movies123.

19 hours ago, Bert got kinky said:

That does not make any sense.

The Immigration form TM.105 is for 'Alien who wishes to ask permission to go shopping at a shopping mall which is more than 5km from their residence', not to be confused with Immigration form TM.150 'Permission for alien to be allowed to be seen in public'.

And neither of these forms should, of course, be confused with the TM.106 which is for "Alien who wishes to ask permission to step outside his front door for any purpose whatsoever"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, lopburi3 said:

Error

Edited by DrJack54

11 hours ago, possum1931 said:

That is a surprise to me, all over Thaivisa, all you seemed to get was you can only report online with IE.

It was stated on the login/sign up page for the online services and Chrome has recently been added to that page.  What it means in practice is that they have tested the process on these browsers and know it works.  If it works on others than that's fine, but if it doesn't then too bad as they don't claim it will.

https://extranet.immigration.go.th/fn24online/