The week that was in Thailand news: Dress to impress - You're not in Pattaya now laddie!

rooster59

17 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Yes

I agree with you in part, this weeks effort was not one of his best ... still amusing though... now last weeks effort was a pearl... 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Remember so well the 90's in Pattaya.

Dress to impress was the code that time. We all, well at least most of us packed our polo shirt inside our belt, and looked soooo groomed.

Not surprised immigration remind people these days to dress appropriate.

Been a interesting week on Thaivisa, highlight for me was the foreigner barbecue guy, now in custody.

And the latest denied at airport guy who had to spend a few days confined at the airport. Even good guys, educated, with a valid visa get the heat these days. What a week it has been.

Thanks for good read, as always.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, rooster59 said:

Besides I'd never heard of Vin Diesel. I thought it must be an innovative French biofuel used to power the racing cars.

Great :cheesy:

• Haha 1

Another great read Rooster.

Regarding the “ bath night “, remember it well !, seems strange that my parents ( decent educated people ) would think that Sunday bath night would be sufficient higiene for 7 days, although in their defence I did have “ games” lessons a couple of times a week at school so the run through the showers after each lesson should have retained my bouquet ????

Frank Skinner sums up his childhood higiene ritual very well in his autobiography......... non existent !!

His retelling of seeing his father having a strip down wash in the kitchen sink , because the bath was full of old newspapers (?) , with his legs akimbo trying to stop his pants from falling as he had slipped his braces off and resembling a sumo wrestler is hilarious !!

Just some advice though, 2,000 words seems like it is too much for some folk to handle, although they do waste their time copying and pasting ????, so maybe you could include a resume of your post in with the original .

A couple of lines should be sufficient for those who have busy lives and can’t concentrate on anything more than the back of a fag packet.

Or maybe they just shouldn’t read your post ?, I don’t know, it’s a tough one.

• Like 2

Being well past Roosters 58, I fully understand the attention from the younger Thai's, to the point that sometimes it is a little embarrassing.  As for having had a son when I was older than what Rooster is, I can understand the looks you get. 

For dress, I'm a shorts man with proper quality shirt during the day, but once the sun is about to set, it's long pants and always for any official visit to, immigration, govt office, bank etc. 

Edited by Artisi
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, rooster59 said:

In America I'm told that burning the Stars and Stripes would get you jailed

Only if it's in a venue where it would also be illegal to burn a bed sheet or bath towel. 

4 hours ago, Jane Dough said:

Yes the BBQ guy was the best but I thought comment on that had been done to death in the forum. I interviewed his wife who seemed very sensible and pleasant to me.  That led to the follow up story.

Thanks for reading the column - it appears nowadays that it takes a special skill to read 2,000 words, less to cut and paste....... I'm off to try and win some money playing Scrabble....

Rooster

Just a thought, in Oz they have found that by banning single use bags, that are biodegradable, they have caused a run on garbage bags (that have to be purchased} and are not, to enclose household rubbish. Isn't it a little bit like cutting your nose off to spite your face?

• Like 1

It's about time, to  do something of people going around Pattaya streets half naked. Women with bikini top and mini shorts (some Thai ladies too), men without shirt and shorts hanking under belly fat. 

5 hours ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Regarding the “ bath night “, remember it well !, seems strange that my parents ( decent educated people ) would think that Sunday bath night would be sufficient higiene for 7 days, although in their defence I did have “ games” lessons a couple of times a week at school so the run through the showers after each lesson should have retained my bouquet ????

Frank Skinner sums up his childhood higiene ritual very well in his autobiography......... non existent !!

His retelling of seeing his father having a strip down wash in the kitchen sink , because the bath was full of old newspapers (?) , with his legs akimbo trying to stop his pants from falling as he had slipped his braces off and resembling a sumo wrestler is hilarious !!

Just some advice though, 2,000 words seems like it is too much for some folk to handle, although they do waste their time copying and pasting ????, so maybe you could include a resume of your post in with the original .

A couple of lines should be sufficient for those who have busy lives and can’t concentrate on anything more than the back of a fag packet.

The bath night comment reminded me of a colleague in SA who went back home for a visit. When he asked his mother for a clean shirt, she said "but you only put that one on yesterday". 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Bath night in the US was Saturday night so you'd be clean Sunday morning for church ????

• Like 1

5 hours ago, PAIPEN said:

It's about time, to  do something of people going around Pattaya streets half naked. Women with bikini top and mini shorts (some Thai ladies too), men without shirt and shorts hanking under belly fat. 

In the rainy season is it ok for Irish ladies to wear slingback wellies?

Agree that dressing correctly does work and my Thai bride would not be happy of I dressed down like I feel the climate requires.

After 43 years keeping the Thai bride happy is prerequisite for continuing life on this blue ball......

5 hours ago, stubby52 said:

Plastic bags were banned in Western Australia and guess what people are coping well with recycled paper bags and cardboard boxes i hope Thailand follows their example.

Growing up in the US the store's used paper bags for groceries then we used them for trash bags but the tree huggers complained about all the trees being cut down so they went to plastic. Of course the trees were replanted so they were renewable

• Haha 1