UK Pension Life Certificate. Witness where in Pattaya?

Archdeacon

As a UK pensioner I have just received this form which must be stamped by an official and returned. Immigration in Jomtien have now stopped providing this service.

Does anybody know where I can get this done locally please?

Last year I got a dentist to sign mine, I don't use him but he was very obliging, this time as I live on a gated housing estate the housing manager signed it, as long as you get a stamp it doesn't really matter IMO.

• Like 1

Visit Soi 8 ,   many brit farlangs , go there for a quite  beer , they are a font of info. 

Also , the ex service club near by, is a good meeting place for brits , just ask.

Edited by elliss

I used Thai Euro Law office - opposite side entrance to Big C at corner of South Pattaya and Sukhumvit. Ask for Ms Rena. Cost me Bt500 last year for the UK state pension life certificate to be signed off by a Thai Notary.

This is a decent backstop if the other noted options don't work for you.

• Like 2

I got a form from Barclays in Jersey a couple of years ago about source of funds or some gubbins like that. You had to return it or they were threatening to deactivate your accounts. OK, I've filled in enough stupid forms in my life that one more won't hurt, but it had to be witnessed by one of six or seven types of person, and not one of them could be routinely found in Pattaya. The notarisation had to be done by members of some European or American official organisation, Thai notaries wouldn't do. Ditto lawyers and the other classes of person. I had no idea what to do about this as they wanted it back pronto, but luckily one of their investment bankers from Dubai was stopping off at the Hilton for a few days and as a company employee (with an official stamp!) he was able to get it all sorted out for me. I was blazing when I saw him, how stupid can a bank be to demand verification that isn't possible where you live? He was apologetic, but apparently it was a requirement from the regulator in Jersey who, naturally, didn't give a kee about the bank's customers. <deleted>' eejits, as the Irish would say.

23 minutes ago, Guderian said:

I got a form from Barclays in Jersey a couple of years ago about source of funds or some gubbins like that. You had to return it or they were threatening to deactivate your accounts. OK, I've filled in enough stupid forms in my life that one more won't hurt, but it had to be witnessed by one of six or seven types of person, and not one of them could be routinely found in Pattaya. The notarisation had to be done by members of some European or American official organisation, Thai notaries wouldn't do. Ditto lawyers and the other classes of person. I had no idea what to do about this as they wanted it back pronto, but luckily one of their investment bankers from Dubai was stopping off at the Hilton for a few days and as a company employee (with an official stamp!) he was able to get it all sorted out for me. I was blazing when I saw him, how stupid can a bank be to demand verification that isn't possible where you live? He was apologetic, but apparently it was a requirement from the regulator in Jersey who, naturally, didn't give a kee about the bank's customers. <deleted>' eejits, as the Irish would say.

Yes i understand.

Barclays were only interested in money laundering at one time.  not real customers like us, i gave up on them,  when they kept asking,  way to many stupid questions about my funds.   

bye, bye Berk-lays. :crazy:

Did they not get fined,  for being naughty boys,  a little while back. :giggle:

I went to santander, way better.

Edited by intherealworld
  • Like 2

35 minutes ago, Archdeacon said:

Problem solved! Went to Soi 8 as suggested then to the Police Station where the receptionist, in totally fluent English, asked me for B100 and then took me to an officer who stamped my letter. The whole process was completed in about 10 minutes.

And no doubt the highlight of the whole operation for the officer who did the honours in your case, was (in addition to the 100 THB) being able to plonk his bright red stamp in the box provided for this purpose!

On a more serious note, though, it has hitherto been my understanding that the IPC bother State Pensioners living in LOS every 2 years for these wretched certificates, and a whole load of us (myself included) were targeted this time last year. I only hope, therefore, that your being asked for one seemingly out of the normal general sequence here doesn't mean that we're all now going to have to get used to getting these certificates witnessed every year from now on.

Edited by OJAS

On 7/9/2019 at 8:07 PM, Archdeacon said:

Problem solved! Went to Soi 8 as suggested then to the Police Station where the receptionist, in totally fluent English, asked me for B100 and then took me to an officer who stamped my letter. The whole process was completed in about 10 minutes.

I presume you mean the main Police Station on Soi 9. So we can just walk in when we need our stamps. Great.

On 7/13/2019 at 8:07 AM, seeyoujimmy said:

When i eventually get one it is a pity i will not be able to sign it for myself. ( worked in the post office)  

Ditto, I was a chartered engineer in my previous existence. I must have done something very bad to get reincarnated as a coffin dodger in Pattaya!