Thai PM recommends two more books

rooster59

15 hours ago, owenm said:

Wasn't Prayut suggesting to all the RTP to watch a Tom Selleck TV police series to improve their policing skills several years ago?? 

This fell flat after three months, when none of the officers succeeded in growing a moustache. 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, lamyai3 said:

Technically Austrian, but yes - Thailand were the real winners of WW2, by fending off the colonialists to the east and west, while appeasing the führer through sitting on their hands. 

I stand sit corrected.

• Haha 1

On 7/13/2019 at 12:47 PM, rooster59 said:

Klaus Schwab, founder and executive chairman of World Economic Forum

Just the usual mutual back scratching that takes place.   Cha cha wants a Thai miracle, so he can brag at ASEAN, which will not happen without freedoms and good education. 

Somehow I don't think he reads any books, he probably reads the "xxxxxx for dummies" books, which I'm assuming in Thai would be pictures only. This way he can interpret them anyway he pleases, so more like "xxxxxx for the Village Idiot" books.

On 7/13/2019 at 1:43 PM, SOUTHERNSTAR said:

I am amazed a man that I have never heard speaking, nor understand English (he uses an interpreter as seen on TV) can read 2 books written in English within a few hours and then give comment on these books. Amazing leader with amazing abilities, living in an amazing country.

Sent from my SM-A730F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Thais generally have better reading than speaking skills. Especially someone with his educational background.

His wife was a former professional at Chulalongkorn ULI (CULI) for what that's worth.

He's a military man since his youth having not graduated from the elite top five secondaries but rather Armed Forces Academies Preparatory School an elite school most foreigners are unaware. He then went on to military college. Similar story.

Armed Forces Academies Preparatory School is no slouch institution. The young men are well educated, disciplined and many quite handsome. The academy visits Triam Udom Suksa annually for their own private traditional sport day. The Triam girls get giddy with excitement as landing one of these young men as a husband would be seen as a good catch - although most Triam female students politics fairly liberal.