People want govt to keep pre-poll promises, Prayut most trusted: survey

rooster59

People want govt to keep pre-poll promises, Prayut most trusted: survey

By The Nation

imageproxy (1).jpg

An opinion survey found that most people want the new government of Prime Minister General Prayut Chan-o-cha to keep its pre-election promises and that the most trusted member of the current Cabinet is Prayut. 

The survey was conducted on 1,063 respondents across the country from Wednesday to Friday by Dr Noppadol Kannikar’s Super Poll.

Noppadol said 91.4 per cent of the respondents said they want the promises made during election campaigns kept, with 83.3 per cent saying they want the income guarantee promised to farmers by the Democrat Party to materialise.

Measures like shoring up the price of rubber sheet to at least Bt60 per kilogram, rice at Bt10,000 per tonne and oil palm at Bt10 per kg were promised by the Democrats. 

Phalang Pracharat’s promise to boost monthly salaries for bachelor degree holders to Bt20,000 came in second with 74.2 per cent votes, while the party’s plan to increase daily minimum wage from Bt400 to Bt425 came in third with 70.2 per cent, Noppadol said. 

When asked to name the minister they trust the most in the new Cabinet, 73.8 per cent chose Prayut. 

Commerce Minister Jurin Laksanawisit came in second with 7.1 per cent, followed by Deputy Prime Minister Wissanu Krea-ngam (3.6 per cent), Deputy Prime Minister Auntin Charnvirakul (3.2 per cent) and Somkid Jatusripitak (2.4 per cent).

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30372924

logo2.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand  2019-07-13
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, madmitch said:

This is just unattainable. Many Thais with bachelor degrees work in minimum wage jobs as the opportunities aren't there elsewhere for the unconnected.

I think the bizarre premise is that the minimum wage for bachelor degree holders will be 20k, regardless of what the job is. This will just lead to degree holders being fired from low skilled positions.

Edited by SABloke
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, madmitch said:

This is just unattainable. Many Thais with bachelor degrees work in minimum wage jobs as the opportunities aren't there elsewhere for the unconnected.

I am sure I have read where many employers regard a Thai Batchelor Degree as being next to worthless, particularly those of the Arts variety. I doubt foreign investors in Thailand have much regard for them either; that's why they are inclined to bring their own employees.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SABloke said:

I think the bizarre premise is that the minimum wage for bachelor degree holders will be 20k, regardless of what the job is. This will just lead to degree holders being fired from low skilled positions.

Or simply not interviewing degree holders (particularly bachelor degree holders), because for many jobs / professions smart high school graduates can do the job.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, hashmodha said:

Good day to everyone!I don't often open Thai visa. Today I nearly fell off my hammock laughing.....This survey is done with 1063 people!!?? Doesn't that make a laughingstock of us and news media coverage and hysterical to print such a statement?All the opinions are formed from these people!?A transparent survey of 1 million +, independently done, through a referendum perhaps spreading to all parts of the country selecting Universities in all provinces, Hospitals, public services and Banking and Technological communities together with Media platforms.Then maybe we can have a realistic over view..

I am pretty sure anything that resembles transparent remains opaque.

2 hours ago, rkidlad said:

These lot couldn’t keep herpes. 

As for 20k minimum for degree holders, I’ve worked with degree holders here. Some weren’t worth even 10k a month. Let the market decide. 

Agree. Some you would pay 20k not to touch or attempt to do anything.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, rooster59 said:

Noppadol said 91.4 per cent of the respondents said they want the promises made during election campaigns kept, with 83.3 per cent saying they want the income guarantee promised to farmers by the Democrat Party to materialise.

Measures like shoring up the price of rubber sheet to at least Bt60 per kilogram, rice at Bt10,000 per tonne and oil palm at Bt10 per kg were promised by the Democrats. 

Phalang Pracharat’s promise to boost monthly salaries for bachelor degree holders to Bt20,000 came in second with 74.2 per cent votes, while the party’s plan to increase daily minimum wage from Bt400 to Bt425 came in third with 70.2 per cent, Noppadol said. 

About now the voters get to understand the concept of core promises and non-core promises. (Australians with a sense of history will understand.)

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, rooster59 said:

When asked to name the minister they trust the most in the new Cabinet, 73.8 per cent chose Prayut. 

Seriously?

I knew Thailand had delusional issues but I never imagined this bad !

• Like 1

For convenience and the absolute sureity of honesty 250 of the people surveyed were the junta appointed senators, 250 were their (subsevient) wives, and 2 staffers from each senator's office. The other 100 were random cleaners and gardeners from the parliament buildings.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Justgrazing said:

Bet Wong is p*ssed off he don't even make it on the list ..

As John McEnroe once bellowed " You cannot be serious " .. 

I am laughing because John was commentating the Tennis classic between Selina and Serena....and shouted loudly....She cannot be serious!... referring to Selina's thundering return...Loved John and Bjorn Borg Wimbledons when I used to live there...

Edited by hashmodha
Additional details

On 7/13/2019 at 4:04 PM, FarFlungFalang said:

On 7/13/2019 at 4:04 PM, FarFlungFalang said:

Transparent meaning having confidence in some one we don't know.... People think Transparency means Trust....it most certainly does not!. Good Morning!